Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:00:11 AM EDT
Not comply as a starting point? Million man armed march on DC? Counter legislation to impeach anyone who supported it? Take it to the Supreme courts? All of the above?

I'm interested to see what the hive mind thinks would be the best solution presuming that the passage of said bill can not be avoided.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Nuke the Dems.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing I'll do is make certain that I'm in compliance with the law.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

first thing Ill do?

10 threads on arf
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Start carrying a Peacmaker and having a lever gun in the truck.
But I already do that, so now im confused
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not comply as a starting point? Million man armed march on DC? Counter legislation to impeach anyone who supported it? Take it to the Supreme courts? All of the above?

I'm interested to see what the hive mind thinks would be the best solution presuming that the passage of said bill can not be avoided.

Non compliance would be the first thing. I wouldn't advise the armed march on DC unless your prepared to start firing, because that's what it would lead to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Martin Luther King, in his famous "Letter from the Birmingham Jail," called on all Americans to actively but peacefully oppose laws that were morally wrong. King wrote:  

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Getting it repealed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought all these what if's were to be in one thread - lock it please..............how about we do all we can so nothing passes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Even if you do all the things like sending email/faxes to your Representative, use "Change.Org" to show the "anti-gun" crowd that we have the numbers to defeat their legislation.

Those of us who know that banning guns, magazines, or ammo is not the answer, should use the liberal establishment's own tools against any useless legislation!

Go to Change.Org's website and vote AGAINST any new useless gun laws:
http://www.change.org/petitions/pres...agazines#share

No, it's not a "vote" in the legislative sense, but we need to show the general public how we feel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I plan on starting a thread about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Immediate large-scale active, civil, peaceful disobedience, for starters.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Go away.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:20:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Martin Luther King, in his famous "Letter from the Birmingham Jail," called on all Americans to actively but peacefully oppose laws that were morally wrong. King wrote:  

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."

I like to be in compliance with the law.  If a new AWB requires registration, I'll most likely comply.  

Congress may actually do something that's morally right.  I'm not going to spend much time worrying about what I might possibly do if someone else (e.g. Congress) does something stupid.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Drive to Washington for the million arfcommer march.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Challenge it in the courts. 10 rounds is LOW capacity, not high capacity, any survey of standard pistols will show you that most hold more than 10 rounds. Heller has a "common usage" clause and these weapons are common and ordinary, they sell them at Walmart for god's sake. That's as common as it gets. We've got good arguments, we need to use them.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'll bring the MREs and beef jerky.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#18]

NO Compliance

We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I will vote....and ill encourage other like minded folks to do the same...and some other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#20]
It's been said and done before...

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Where they once were, we are now rapidly approaching
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Drive to Washington for the million arfcommer march.

Would it be on a weekend....most of us have jobs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Ignore it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Challenge it in the courts. 10 rounds is LOW capacity, not high capacity, any survey of standard pistols will show you that most hold more than 10 rounds. Heller has a "common usage" clause and these weapons are common and ordinary, they sell them at Walmart for god's sake. That's as common as it gets. We've got good arguments, we need to use them.  

Any ban would see immediate court challenges and injunctions until after they were decided. It would only be after the Supreme Court ruled that the law would take effect. Then we either surrender or fight.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to be in compliance with the law.  If a new AWB requires registration, I'll most likely comply.  

Congress may actually do something that's morally right.  I'm not going to spend much time worrying about what I might possibly do if someone else (e.g. Congress) does something stupid.  

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Keep shooting, keep reloading, keep enjoying my 2nd Amendment.

There isn't a soul within 150 miles that would confiscate the weapons in this town, city, or region.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Massive retaliation at the polls in the midterms for anyone who voted for it.  We need to orchestrate an epic political bloodbath that makes1994 look tame.

If not, the antis will smell bloid in the water and be back ror more.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Getting it repealed.

That pretty much never happens. With any law. The only reason the 1994 ban went away is that it had a 10 year auto-destruct built into it.

Obamacare is another example. It's never getting repealed at this point. This is why it is CRITICAL to stop these things before they become law.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#28]
NY, CA & IL will be the states to watch and then filter out to the other states.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Call Irene.

TXL
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Personally I am going to bitch about it, a lot.

I would be willing to go to DC and march.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting it repealed.

That pretty much never happens. With any law. The only reason the 1994 ban went away is that it had a 10 year auto-destruct built into it.

Obamacare is another example. It's never getting repealed at this point. This is why it is CRITICAL to stop these things before they become law.

This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting it repealed.

Yeah, once it is instated it's near impossible to roll it back. Think of some freedoms that have ever been given back to us once taken. Regulations that have ever been removed.. It happens but it is the exception rather than the rule. Hell, there is still stuff on the books like penalties for walking your horse down the wrong side of the street on a Sunday and other silly out dated laws.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NO Compliance

We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

THIS!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ignore it.

Agreed, after all is is being proven every day now that obeying laws is optional. So if they do not obey the law, why should we?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Divide by 0
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#37]
It would be a far different thing if thousands of productive and otherwise law abiding citizens were arrested than the usual crowd of "protesters" made up of leeches on society.   I know my job couldn't be filled by any average John Doe off the street,  as I'm sure is the case with most of you.  Rounding up disobedient firearms enthusiasts would bring the economy to a grinding halt unlike rounding up a bunch of whiney pot smoking hippy DBs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Where are all these mother fuckers coming from?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I plan on starting a thread about it.

Wooooah slow down hotrod. We dont need anyone running off half cocked!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Why would anyone assume we would engage in "collective action"?
Collectivism is a principle followed by the left.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm getting on the next ship to Mars with my guns.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm not going to "do" anything. America has been voting for the individuals who wish to implement this political philosophy for a long time...have fun and enjoy your new paradise!

The above is not directed at my fellow members.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I wish I could join you in your efforts, but all my guns were lost in a terrible boating accident this summer.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Immediate large-scale active, civil, peaceful disobedience, for starters.

Conservatives just arent known for that
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#47]
the pussification of america will show and we will do nothing.  you will get it stuck down your throat and like just like everything else that happens on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why would anyone assume we would engage in "collective action"?
Collectivism is a principle followed by the left.

Right? We're all berserkers here. Rotund, aging, short of breath berserkers, but berserkers none the less.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Protests aren't gonna work.  The .gov can just send in cops in riot gear and keep arresting people until there are no more to arrest.  

Best thing one could possibly hope for in the event of a ban is a sunset.  That or hoping your state passes a Firearms Freedom Act like Montana tried to do.    Then hoping for the legitimacy of that Act.  I had doubts about MT's ability to make the FFA actually work...but...you never know.

Counter bills...acts...laws...they will not do any good.  If the .gov wants the allz the gunz...they will haz all the gunz.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#50]
My big hope is the states go back to how they were before Lincoln started the domino effect that lead to the civil war.  It's my understanding that Oklahoma is already well on its way, I just hope other states follow one by one. We all see how well the Feds responded to the legalization of marijuana in Colorado, and this is a good example of what "could" happen if our state government's pulls their heads out of their asses and do what our constitution said we can do, which is govern ourselves at the state level, not federal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top