Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in California so yea, I'll still carry my Glock, because it will be the same as it was before.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I will continue to carry my Glock 26 as my primary

My Glock 19 / 17 which are currently home defense guns may be replaced with a Glock 21... possibly a Glock 20 if I see some defensive bullets designed for the round.  Maybe even a Sig 229 in 9mm for the added weight.   Or hell maybe even an H&K p30 because it feels so right.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you serious?  You think your already-legally-acquired magazines will be confiscated?   Ya think that happened during the Klinton ban?

This.

Anyway, how many 30 and 20 rnds mags are out there? Maybe billions? I think most of the AR/AK/etc. owners have 10-20-30 or even more mags for their rifles.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Mehhh......carried 8 rounds VERY COMFORTABLY in a 1911 for many years. I'm not so hung up on hicap pistol mags.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes still carry one..if a ban hits there will be alot of 9-10 rounders out there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mehhh......carried 8 rounds VERY COMFORTABLY in a 1911 for many years. I'm not so hung up on hicap pistol mags.

And, your point is?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
The only pistol I own that has more then 10 rounds is my G19.  I didn't even have it shipped with any mags knowing I would want prebans.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
i am starting to feel like the jews when hitler was in power. folks this is a sad day in america. we should never have to worry about our goverment assaulting our rights like this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
would you still carry you Glock? I've been going over this a bit. One of reasons I like my Glock 17 so much is its large magazine capacity, however if I am reduced to having 10-1 rounds of 9mm for CCW I am not sure the size of the G17 is worth it since there are smaller, slimmer options out there (Kahr etc) with similar capacities.

Just food for thought, hope it doesn't come to pass.

If you carry a full size combat autopistol that suits your needs and you like/trust it why change?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
My carry glock is from the ban - glock 30 10+1..
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I would continue to carry my Glock 19s until I no longer had serviceable 15 round magazines for them. Then I'd switch to my Glock 26, which I actually already sometimes carry when I really don't want to risk possibly printing. I wager it would take many, many years for me to run out of 15 round magazines, particularly if I purchased some neutered mags for range use.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict that .45 GAP would suddenly become more popular.

Thinking the same thing here.

I'm gonna agree as well. In fact, I've been checking out a Glock 37 at my local fun store.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]

No! I think you'll play like a thug
Next hear the shot of a magnum slug, humming coming at ya!

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
would you still carry you Glock? I've been going over this a bit. One of reasons I like my Glock 17 so much is its large magazine capacity, however if I am reduced to having 10-1 rounds of 9mm for CCW I am not sure the size of the G17 is worth it since there are smaller, slimmer options out there (Kahr etc) with similar capacities.

Just food for thought, hope it doesn't come to pass.

Food for thought, I worked and paid  MY money for MY magazines, as well as MY gun that I carry.   This, on top of the whole 2nd amendment thing plus, I am sick and tired of being told when, how,  with what,  or if I can protect my family - who or what ever has a issues with my choice of magazine can suck my ass.   Land of the slave ..............
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll be in jail before anything of mine becomes confiscated. Hopefully with at least 10 million other MEN.

I've been wondering exactly how far most owners would be prepared to go in not surrendering these things, should the government demand it.  Would the majority just turn them in and be done with it?  Would jail be the limit of their resistance?  Death?  Civil Resistance/War?  How far is today's gun owner prepared to go to stand against the government?  Part of me thinks that this is precisely the type of situation that the second amendment protects against, aka. would be a time where people would consider using the weapons against the enforcers.  Shot heard 'round the world moment?

People seem to have strong beliefs as to what they feel is right, but I don't know how strong that resolve is.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll be in jail before anything of mine becomes confiscated. Hopefully with at least 10 million other MEN.

Preach it brother.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I will not be complying with any bullshit magazine capacity limit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Then I will buy a g27 and carry it every day. The 23 will be nightstand duty and I will launch a relentless assault on all my local, state, and federal represenatives for repeal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:22:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wondering exactly how far most owners would be prepared to go in not surrendering these things, should the government demand it.  Would the majority just turn them in and be done with it?  Would jail be the limit of their resistance?  Death?  Civil Resistance/War?  How far is today's gun owner prepared to go to stand against the government?  Part of me thinks that this is precisely the type of situation that the second amendment protects against, aka. would be a time where people would consider using the weapons against the enforcers.  Shot heard 'round the world moment?

People seem to have strong beliefs as to what they feel is right, but I don't know how strong that resolve is.

My thoughts as well.,   Its seems many think we live in a democracy , we don't   it's a Constitutional  republic.   99% cant take the rights of even 1%.  It has been going down the wrong road for far too long .

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

"The great object is that every man be armed.
Everyone who is able may have a gun."
“It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!”

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased
at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take;
but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

"We are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of Nature has placed in our power... the battle, sir, is not to the strong alone it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."

Patrick Henry
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#22]
"IF" a ban comes, I don't expect it to impact my day one bit.

Read into that whatever you like.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#23]
During the ban years many gun manufacturers came out with small, ten shot pistols.
They were then labeled "Pocket Rockets" by the anti gunners, who questioned why gun makers were making these potent killing machines more easily concealable.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#24]
War of attrition.  Fight hard, fight now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There will be no new gun legislation.

I hope you are right
but I am preparing for the worst.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#26]
All the carry guns I actually carry are single stack. The XDm is technically in the mix, but we haven't had a cold enough winter for me to get used that big thing in a couple years.

The little officers 1911 will do me fine, thanks boys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you serious?  You think your already-legally-acquired magazines will be confiscated?   Ya think that happened during the Klinton ban?

Ask anyone you might know who lives in New Jersey.

Their hi-cap AR mags (anything over 15 rounds) became contraband a few years back. No grandfathering, nothing.

Illegal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict that .45 GAP would suddenly become more popular.

Thinking the same thing here.

I'm gonna agree as well. In fact, I've been checking out a Glock 37 at my local fun store.

As long as the 45 acp is still around the only place the 45 gap is going is into the history books.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I prefer my 1911 (8+1).......flame away
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I too still have all my pre-ban 10rd mags and use them exclusively for range use. They do not have to confiscate anything. They will simply make them a felony to posses. They will try, trust me! If they do, we will all hide our hi-caps and carry stupid ten rounders. Who will risk a jail term, conviction as a felon, loss of ALL Second Amendment Rights, just to carry a hi-cap?? I'd carry my 26 or 27. As a police officer, I would not participate in any confiscation. The 4th Amendment will still stand hopefully. But it's a stupid risk. If you had to use your gun to protect your family what would you tell the police when they arrived and saw your evil hi-caps. You'd get more time than the perp that tried to jack you!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top