Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
aliens.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
72 yum yums
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think i'll be chewing on dirt, but who knows? You don't know until yer dead.

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The worms go in and the worms go out...
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Rotting in the ground or cremated depending on my preference later in life.

Reality.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've believed in my last life and the one before that. This time round I'm not too sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
1st reply nails it once again
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Believe what you want, find out the truth when the time comes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]

que sera .... sera
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I believed that I will be judged by Jesus Christ. i believe that I will go to Heaven.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm hoping for Elysium, but if I manage to die well, Valhalla

Pagan

That said, if I don't get either, its not like I'd know any better.  I can hope and pray though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...
stranger...
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Nonexistence.  Just like before birth.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I went in for my sleep apnea titration test.  I had a "dream" where I met some of my dead relatives, and none of my still living relatives, including my first dog which I had euthanized in 2005.  Woke up crying.  Told the sleep lab technician that was quite the vivid dream.  He said "The EEG showed you weren't dreaming."

Other than that I was involved in two car accidents exactly a year apart on the 10 year and 11 year anniversary of my brother's death.  My brother was killed when he was drunk/stoned driving and got out of his car.  He was hit by one car then drug by another car.  It's probably just a coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll come back as a jock strap and play professional football.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe I will wake up in Rhodesia in 1977.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The worms go in and the worms go out...

Yep, worm food
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be pushing up daisy's and food for the worms.

It will be like the last episode of the Sopranos ,lights out !!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe I will find out when I get there. I'm in no rush.

ETA: I got tired of people telling me what's going to happen after I die. Most of which has been contradictory.

When it happens it happens, why waste time thinking about it. You'll be there sooner than you'd like.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#22]
1. Nothing.

2. Common sense.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#23]
What happens inside a TV when you turn it off/unplug it?
Nothing. It's an shell of parts with no signals moving from the power source or processor.
Just like a like form when the internals quit functioning.

What happens to any other animal I have killed?
It becomes food and part of the Earth again.

What makes me think this way?
Logic....
Only human ego believes that there is more that what is and that somehow we will live on forever.....

We are animals. Get over it.
With a finite existence.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I read the book "Heaven is for real" recently, and it made me believe that there is something after we die. Went to Catholic school from preschool through 8th grade, and by the end of it considered myself an atheist. Thought that way all through high school, and really up until just a few months ago. Went to a funeral for my friends' baby, he was 3 months old. Normal healthy baby that ended up choking on something near as I can put together, they were in no shape to explain what had happened so never found out the details. The priest at the funeral talked about the heaven is for real book, so my girlfriend bought it and it pretty much changed how I look at everything. I am still trying to pinpoint exactly what I believe, but if someone asks me if I'm an atheist anymore, my response is no longer "yes".

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Worm Dirt....Too bad it isn't that easy though, cause we will never know....
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#26]
This

Quoted:
I believed that I will be judged by Jesus Christ. i believe that I will go to Heaven.

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I will find out (or not) when I get there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And what made you think the way you do?

We will all know right after we die.

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I read the book "Heaven is for real" recently, and it made me believe that there is something after we die. Went to Catholic school from preschool through 8th grade, and by the end of it considered myself an athiest. Thought that way all through high school, and really up until just a few months ago. Went to a funeral for my friends' baby, he was 3 months old. Normal healthy baby that ended up choking on something near as I can put together, they were in no shape to explain what had happened so never found out the details. The priest at the funeral talked about the heaven is for real book, so my girlfriend bought it and it pretty much changed how I look at everything. I am still trying to pinpoint exactly what I believe, but if someone asks me if I'm an athiest anymore, my response is no longer "yes".  

I'm surprised that book changed your mind and not Gods book.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#30]
The experience of being at a 3 months old funeral and whatnot helped with the mind change I think. An event like that that is more powerful than Gods book to me I guess. Honestly while I was in school and being a kid, the Bible seemed outdated, archaic, not currently relevant, something like that.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I
read the book "Heaven is for real" recently, and it made me believe
that there is something after we die. Went to Catholic school from
preschool through 8th grade, and by the end of it considered myself an
athiest. Thought that way all through high school, and really up until
just a few months ago. Went to a funeral for my friends' baby, he was 3
months old. Normal healthy baby that ended up choking on something near
as I can put together, they were in no shape to explain what had
happened so never found out the details. The priest at the funeral
talked about the heaven is for real book, so my girlfriend bought it and
it pretty much changed how I look at everything. I am still trying to
pinpoint exactly what I believe, but if someone asks me if I'm an
athiest anymore, my response is no longer "yes".  

I'm surprised that book changed your mind and not Gods book.

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I figured the same until I lost my daughter a year and a half ago, she was 17 and her death was tragic and unexpected.. She spent some time with me one night a few weeks after she passed and I wasn't dreaming. Changed my whole perspective of my thought on this. There is something after....what it is I don't know  or understand but there is something.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured the same until I lost my daughter a year and a half ago, she was 17 and her death was tragic and unexpected.. She spent some time with me one night a few weeks after she passed and I wasn't dreaming. Changed my whole perspective of my thought on this. There is something after....what it is I don't know  or understand but there is something.

Can you explain further?

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you explain further?

Yes... Tell us more please.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is something after....what it is I don't knowor understand but there is something.

This is what I believe as well because of a similar event.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]
something terrible
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#37]
“There is no conclusive evidence of life after death, but there is no evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know, so why fret about it?”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Can't speak for you folks but I believe there is something after this
Can't tell you what it is but I intend to find out
I intend to see my departed family members
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#39]
My screenname pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you explain further?

I really don't want the GD forum ripping on my experience with my daughter. I will say she said some things I looked into further and there where many commonalities to what others have experienced including those who have been clinically dead and come back. One thing I will say is I no longer fear dying, nor do I welcome it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1. Nothing.

2. Common sense.

+1

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
something terrible

Now that just ain't funny.

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You may not so spend your time wisely with them while you can.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter.  As a father myself, I can't imagine the pain you must have gone through.
As for how your experience relates to the subject at hand, I don't consider anecdotal evidence as actual evidence of life after death.  If what happened to you happened to me personally, I still wouldn't believe in life after death because I would have to consider the much more plausible (to me) possibility that I had been overcome by grief and imagined the whole thing.
I base my disbelief in an afterlife on the fact that our personalities have been proven to be a function of our physical brains and studies have shown that changes to our brain chemistry changes who we ARE, right down to the kind of mate we seek, our favorite color and our sense of personal morality.  That being the case, how would the construction that we call "us" exist without a physical brain?  At best it would be a simulation, not the actual personality that we think of as ourself.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This, the people that die on operating tables and such all have said there is something else out there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I died. It was not unpleasant. There was something there. They brought me back. It was not comfortable but it was what I was supposed to do. I don't fear death but I have not done what I am supposed to do, yet. My father, grandfathers and some others are waiting for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I tend to think it is going to akin to turning the lights off when you leave the room...but I'm not sure because when my Dad died 12 years ago I was right beside him and moments after he died I looked over my left shoulder towards the ceiling at a corner of the room. I don't know why I did that since Dad was right in front of me as I held him, Mother and Sister were on the other side of the bed. No one else in the room. So I guess I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know.

If I had to guess, I'd say being dead is what you experienced before you were born.  Remember all that?  

But that's just a guess.  I really don't know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Our souls are eternal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter.  As a father myself, I can't imagine the pain you must have gone through.
As for how your experience relates to the subject at hand, I don't consider anecdotal evidence as actual evidence of life after death.  If what happened to you happened to me personally, I still wouldn't believe in life after death because I would have to consider the much more plausible (to me) possibility that I had been overcome by grief and imagined the whole thing.
I base my disbelief in an afterlife on the fact that our personalities have been proven to be a function of our physical brains and studies have shown that changes to our brain chemistry changes who we ARE, right down to the kind of mate we seek, our favorite color and our sense of personal morality.  That being the case, how would the construction that we call "us" exist without a physical brain?  At best it would be a simulation, not the actual personality that we think of as ourself.

Could be... I doubt it though. I was awake, tired but awake. I had no experience with the things she told but me what she told there where many commonalities to what others have said or gone through. The experience itself was truly unbelievable so I can understand the doubt. If I was reading this from someone else I would think exactly what you are. Heck I did think that way! I am keeping alot of details of what happened  during and my research after but my conclusion is something is there and its not necessarily "religious" in the nature we think of. More of a collective if that makes sense.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top