Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 9:21:03 PM EDT
u can pick up a fansub (by fans for fans) here
[url]http://www.animemetropolis.com/kodocha/main.html[/url]

its  directed by beat takahasi he also has done alot of really cool yakuza movies

summery from the IMDB

Plot Summary for
Battle Royale (2000)  

Students are taken to a small isolated island with a map, food and various arms. They have to fight each other three days long until the last one remains and are forced to wear a special collar which will explode when they break a rule.

Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds awesome.  I've heard of this movie.

There's another foreign movie, French one, that's a really depraved movie about lesbians, one that will never ever be shown on a US screen.  But I forget the name.

I bring it up, because it's usually mentioned in the same sentence as Battle Royale.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i wish i could remember the name of that one also

btw for thsoe of you who have no clue what a fan sub is its when a group of fans take a video that has been unlincsed for distro in there country and subtitle it them self.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second that on Battle Royale.. Fantastic, sick movie..  If you have an open mind and don't get your panties in a twist on a daily basis, you should run out and rent it.

I think the other movie you're talking about is "Boise Moi", right?  I think that translates as "rape me" but don't take my word for it..
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, that's the one Ahab.  Thanks.  Rent 'em both for Family Film Nite.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top