Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2002 4:01:45 PM EDT
OK what your looking at might not be my new Bushmaster Dissipator. It could be for the price of my sons sneakers. Almost $650.00 worth of shoes there. The one on the end are patten leather. I had a seziure after I found out that he wanted or should I say needed a new pair for school.
Like I told my wife he will pry that money out of my DEAD COLD HANDS.

Dissipator
Forum Link: [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/edpmedic%2FDSC00007%2D1%2Ejpg[/img]

Dissy
Forum Link: [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/edpmedic%2FDSC00008%2D1%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
THose are ugly.

I love how the permissive always explain away everything as "They need to be able to be individuals," then they ALL want the same trendy crap.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
individuals my ass, even the damn freeks all look alike these days. most kids these days don't know how to spell individual let alone be it. if you want to be original then get a job and pay for it that would be original. why the hell would you want to wear $200 dollar sneakers anyway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
[shock] I think I would have had a seizure also.  Holy Cow, what else can you say about that.  

P.S. seperate bank account for me from now on [;)]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I know what you mean..He is a good kid just turned 13. He does have a job cutting lawns and next year will be a camp supervisor. I made him take his money and help pay for his Math tutor. Figured that would make him think about doing better next school year.

I can't understand what makes these things so great. Give me a pair of Converse and I was happy. Then again I had my Beatles boots, bell bottom pants and even a Neru shirt or two. But Holy Crap I popped a Gasket and got really pissed. With all the crap I am going through I did not need that thrown on me.
He is not getting any and he will learn the reason why. I don't give a crap if he goes to school barefooted.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
at least he is not wearing house shoes to
the grocery store yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not payed more than $25 bucks for a set of tennis shoes in the last 15 years....you gotta be kidding...$150.00 tennies just blow my mind...Sick Sick Sick....Tennis shoes should not cost more than the monthly wage of the poor chained up bastiges that makes 'em
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to mention that 13 is right in the middle of

"THE GROWTH SPURT FROM HELL!!!!"

Those shoes wont fit his big toe in 6 months!

(They will be out of style by then anyway!)
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yea I know what you mean..He is a good kid just turned 13. He does have a job cutting lawns and next year will be a camp supervisor. I made him take his money and help pay for his Math tutor. Figured that would make him think about doing better next school year.

I can't understand what makes these things so great. Give me a pair of Converse and I was happy. Then again I had my Beatles boots, bell bottom pants and even a Neru shirt or two. But Holy Crap I popped a Gasket and got really pissed. With all the crap I am going through I did not need that thrown on me.
He is not getting any and he will learn the reason why. I don't give a crap if he goes to school barefooted.
View Quote

That last pair look brand new. How about since he is working you help him more with his education costs and then tell him if he wants designer shit he pays for it, you'll only buy the same grade of clothes you and his mother wear if he wants anything more he works it out.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Lemme tell you a story about athletic shoe companies.

Some of the Faculty at the school where I went came up with a new insole design for athletic shoes.  The material wouldn't "bottom out" on impact--so it made for a much better shock absorbtion mechanism than was presently available.

The shoe companies rejected it as costing too much.  Additional cost PER PAIR of shoes was $.05.

The faculty were told that a change that ranged from $.005 to $.01 (yes, a HALF a Cent to ONE Cent) would be considered, but anything more than that would be rejected.

Those $200+ shoes cost the manufacturer less than $5.00 to make in China/Korea.  You are paying $$$ for marketing, and profit for the Manufacturer/Wholesaler/Shoe Seller.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
These folks haven't been around much I see.

Why those are the Nike AutoSWISH's...
They are self lacing and play BBall w/out human intervention, hence the hard-toe look.  That's where the nuc reactor is that powers 'em.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been letting him read the posts. I told him see it's not only me who thinks that is way to much money.
When he read the one about how much it costs to make it got him thinking. He is getting a good understanding of work and money. GSG9 that is exactly what is going to happen. Right now I am making him take the money and use it for his Math Tutor. Maybe this way he will try harder in Math and think it's not a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top