Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:45:54 AM EDT
Did a little shopping this morning with the wife and on the way back we passed a tag sale. Spur of the moment we decided to stop. Usual knick-knacks and other items - I picked up some older sci-fi and history books. Noticed the truck in the garage had an NRA life member sticker on it and casually enquired as to any gun related items. The woman said this was her dads house and he had died this past summer, probate had been settled and what was in the tag sale were a lot of her fathers things. She said he did have some guns but they took them down to a gun store a few weeks ago and sold them (I didnt even ask what they were or how much she got for them). However, she said there were some things the store didnt want so she said I could look through them and make an offer if anything interested me.

Everything left were well worn holsters and cases (nothing great- a lot of Uncle Mikes stuff and some decent De Santi's rigs but nothing I needed or had a weapon for). Then I came across the ammo can... filled with a variety of loose ammo. I offered her $20 for the lot and she was happy to sell it to me. Below is the score:

20 rounds of LC 62 Match - SCORE
A few rounds of 30 cal
About 2 dozen 7.62x39
About 2 dozen various 45 ACP (ball, pin grabbers, hydra-shock)
A couple hundred rounds of various 9mm (ball, lead, flat nosed Glaser, Golden Sabers, Hydra Shocks, pin grabbers, aluminum cased)
A handful of .22 LR
Buried under all the loose ammo was also a box of Remington Accelerators in 308 with 18 rounds still in it. SCORE!
And a 7.62 ammo can

Out of all of the above I only found 6 rounds corroded so badly they wont ever see the inside of a bore. Next range trip I plan on using up most of this grab bag of ammo.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good find for $20

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
None to shabby.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably better than anyone else's black Friday score.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Probably better than anyone else's black Friday score.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You got that right.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Had to Google pin grabbers, that's really cool

http://snafu-solomon.blogspot.com/2012/03/gnarly-ammo-from-back-in-day.html

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#7]
But no locked safes?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top