Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
ok,
i laughed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Defiantly not from Denmark because a chicken in the lap isn't torture over there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
FPSRussia must have been behind ARFcockalypse!  He had a cock in his lap!

Wat?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Poland?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
He's living the dream.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Guy probably makes a million dollars per video and is asking for donations...

That is NOT what the fuck I am talking about.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
'Sergei!  The shovel."

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I took the asking fr donations part as a joke
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn it would be fun to be him.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]
He is asking for donations, there IS a kickstarter page.

Based on the fact that guy makes CRAZY money on youtube clickthroughs, he can get fucked.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fpsrussia/fps-russia-the-game-0

Granted he say's the game will be free, but given that there are already screenshots of the game it's probably pretty far in development anyway. I'd rather he just charged for the game. I don't care if he wants to sell merchandise, but asking for donations when you're already raking in the money is pretty low.

Also the guns aren't even licensed:

F him.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
That's good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Amusing but he is rich so i am not sending the money.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Funny

The Rap song made me think of this:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Guns, Money, Explosives, and Hoes!

My favorite things
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#20]

If I had one of these. I would have to get real serious with the squirrels.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#21]
My fucking hero!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/PiZgSXfN-BA

At first I was like "Cool, I need to get me one of those" then I saw the price tag.
I'm sure there are much much better shotguns on the market for less than $2,500

Edit: holy shit, spare magazines cost $200 a pop.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fpsrussia/fps-russia-the-game-0

Granted he say's the game will be free, but given that there are already screenshots of the game it's probably pretty far in development anyway. I'd rather he just charged for the game. I don't care if he wants to sell merchandise, but asking for donations when you're already raking in the money is pretty low.

Also the guns aren't even licensed:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/273/922/5308a9790322b0e34f916245f58ee7b7_large.png?1353525652

F him.

Do you have any clue how much even a low budget video game costs?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Millions less than the marketing budget for Call of Duty Black Ops II.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]

I just don't get it?  Guy talks with a lame Russian accent, shoots guns, posts it on you tube...I just don't understand where the entertainment value is?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Depends. It's possible to make a hit in your basement now for free. We're not talking about a multimillion dollar call of duty killer here. That's not the point though. Like I said, I'd much prefer that he just charged for the game itself, rather than take donations.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the laughs OP.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#28]

WTF! you have to license the term .44 Magnum?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WTF! you have to license the term .44 Magnum?

No probably not. That's due to incompetent developers or them going above and beyond in the lawyered up category. It was probably incompetent developers that changed the name because they thought it was licensed though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/PiZgSXfN-BA

At first I was like "Cool, I need to get me one of those" then I saw the price tag.
I'm sure there are much much better shotguns on the market for less than $2,500

Edit: holy shit, spare magazines cost $200 a pop.

I need to win Powerball

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/parabellumklr/DSC_0113.jpg
FPSRUSSIA is a great guy. And yes, before anyone asks, I AM squeezing his ass

We didn't need to know that.
But, Who am I to judge you for your preference.

At least you are not attacking innocent geese.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
So you guys think video game development is cheap? Millions will get you a game that could sell on Steam for $9.99 but if you want Call of Duty, think $50-100 million or more.

Should he spend every single cent he has earned in his life to produce a game that he gives away for free? He is looking for "investors" by way of donations, something many independent game developers are doing on the internet. It's the only way to do it without going to a major publisher/developer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Very funny.  He is living the life.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I just don't get it?  Guy talks with a lame Russian accent, shoots guns, posts it on you tube...I just don't understand where the entertainment value is?

WHAT??? You just nailed it! He has a Russian accent, shoots guns, blows stuff up and always tells us "have nice day" at the end. What's not entertaining about that? Makes me want to have a Russian accent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So you guys think video game development is cheap? Millions will get you a game that could sell on Steam for $9.99 but if you want Call of Duty, think $50-100 million or more.

Should he spend every single cent he has earned in his life to produce a game that he gives away for free? He is looking for "investors" by way of donations, something many independent game developers are doing on the internet. It's the only way to do it without going to a major publisher/developer.

First of all, cocaine is a hell of a drug. Second of all, let me reiterate yet a third time that I'D RATHER HE JUST SELL THE GAME. I DON'T CARE IF HE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT I'D RATHER HE SELL IT INSTEAD OF TAKE DONATIONS THOUGH!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT??? You just nailed it! He has a Russian accent, shoots guns, blows stuff up and always tells us "have nice day" at the end. What's not entertaining about that? Makes me want to have a Russian accent.

Mildly amusing maybe...but no better than the 2000 other retards on youtube shooting cool guns...I have no idea why someone would pay him money to do this.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Shooting cool stuff most of us won't be able to and with humor. What's not
to get?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, cocaine is a hell of a drug. Second of all, let me reiterate yet a third time that I'D RATHER HE JUST SELL THE GAME. I DON'T CARE IF HE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT I'D RATHER HE SELL IT INSTEAD OF TAKE DONATIONS THOUGH!

I've paid into a kickstarter for a game by the guy who made the Wing Commander series.  He made over 6.5M on his crowd sourcing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the fuck do / should you care?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've paid into a kickstarter for a game by the guy who made the Wing Commander series.  He made over 6.5M on his crowd sourcing.

No, I'm not arguing kickstarter. Kickstarter's great. I don't like the blanket statement that "Millions will get you a game that could sell on Steam for $9.99." We're not talking about pennies on the dollar, but there's a lot of variables there and there are still cases of successes springing out of a rogue programmers basement with a miniscule budget. On top of that FPS russia himself makes it out to seem like the game is mostly done already, so someone's been funding it up to this point. Generally you don't get most of a game done and then look for financing. It seems fishy to me.

Quoted:

Why the fuck do / should you care?

I don't know. I guess I don't.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you quite understand how kickstarter works.  It's not so much donations.  More like early investment/super early pre-order kind of deal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I love his vids. The comments he makes about the fat girls who work the drive thrus at fast food joints when he rolls through in tanks are good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I see he still p!sses excellence.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So whats your problem with taking donations/gifts
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So whats your problem with taking donations/gifts

There seems to be a hell of a lot of envy going here.
Since the dude makes money on his videos, he has NO RIGHT to ask for investments in his game.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I should have his job.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
If people want to invest their own start up money to make these videos it's ok with me.

People like FPS Russia are out there to have a good time and at the same time they try to bring a smile to our faces.

If they are looking for donations or to purchase some tee shirts or mugs in the process to offset their investment. I can't blame them.

I have also been supporting some of those on You Tube that are just now getting their own music albums out for sale. They are also on the road playing live for their fans. They write and play their own stuff. Most of them I learned about them here on this site. I have also purchased their albums or singles on Amazon, and some donated to their site to help them get their first album started.
Here are some of their Facebook pages:

Music

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Abney-Park/312292093741

http://www.facebook.com/musicpomplamoose

http://www.facebook.com/lindseystirlingmusic

http://www.facebook.com/PianoGuys

http://www.facebook.com/jessicamusicfanpage

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Sisters/49227222625

http://www.facebook.com/ClairyBrowneandtheBanginRackettes

http://www.facebook.com/PeterHollensMusic

Comedy

http://www.facebook.com/LainawalkerFans

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top