Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 6:55:00 PM EDT
My 9 month old mutt is house trained but we moved to a new house a couple weeks ago and she has peed in the house six times since then. She hasn't peed that much in any house her whole life. Our old house had six other dogs and one cat in it; this one has one dog and three cats. She gets along really well with the new dog (he doesn't mark in the house). I'm not sure what the deal is and I haven't noticed a difference in her urine as far as smell or color.

Any advice on what I should do to correct this? I let her out very often and she gets 2-3 long walks a day and plays with the other dog so she's pretty tired. We do a good job about keeping her low in the pack rank as far as walking beside us, we go outside first, we eat first, etc. So far we've only caught her once and I yelled "HEY" and let her outside to finish. All other times I just cleaned it up and sprayed some cleaner on it that gets rid of the urine. She hasn't peed in the same spot and one of them was in her own bed while she was sleeping which she has never done.

I mentioned "we"..I know rules.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep up the positive reinforcement...whenever she goes pee outside give her praise/treat.  Some people stick the dog's nose in it and that does no good at all.  The dog is probably getting used to the new environment still.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My 9 month old mutt is house trained but we moved to a new house a couple weeks ago and she has peed in the house six times since then. She hasn't peed that much in any house her whole life. Our old house had six other dogs and one cat in it; this one has one dog and three cats. She gets along really well with the new dog (he doesn't mark in the house). I'm not sure what the deal is and I haven't noticed a difference in her urine as far as smell or color.

Any advice on what I should do to correct this? I let her out very often and she gets 2-3 long walks a day and plays with the other dog so she's pretty tired. We do a good job about keeping her low in the pack rank as far as walking beside us, we go outside first, we eat first, etc. So far we've only caught her once and I yelled "HEY" and let her outside to finish. All other times I just cleaned it up and sprayed some cleaner on it that gets rid of the urine. She hasn't peed in the same spot and one of them was in her own bed while she was sleeping which she has never done.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/199974_4082646819189_47010640_n.jpg

Crate. Did i mention Crate? Crate. Make the crate the dogs safety place. Unless there is no other choice, they will not mess the crate. the crate is the best tool I have ever used, BUT! never lock the door until they are 125%  in tune with their crate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/199974_4082646819189_47010640_n.jpg

Crate. Did i mention Crate? Crate. Make the crate the dogs safety place. Unless there is no other choice, they will not mess the crate. the crate is the best tool I have ever used, BUT! never lock the door until they are 125%  in tune with their crate.

We do have her crate and it's her safe zone. She gets fed in there and will go in there on her own. We also do positive reinforcement when she goes outside. Like I said she hasn't had this problem before and we've had her for 6 months. She does wrestle and play tug with the new dog a lot...don't know if that is a dominance thing or not.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to watch Band of Brothers for the 87th time with the wife unit. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe everyone. Will check on this thread Friday. Thank you in advance for any advice or thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
She might be claiming the new house as hers and marking territory.  

Top Top