BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 5:16:57 PM EDT
The strike on Libya in 86?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Operation Overlord

Course there were some other reasons for that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
How are we defining "French Airspace?"
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Operation Overlord

Course there were some other reasons for that.

LOL, I love this place....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure. A guy at work says France wouldn't allow the US use of their air space in the 90/91 Gulf war.

I thought they were part of the "coalition".

I also think he's full of shit. Well, I KNOW he's full of shit. I just wonder if he's right about this.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't we hit their embassy on accident ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That was China.

it is "by accident", not "on".

And accident should be surrounded by scare quotes in your post, because it sure as hell wasn't unintentional.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't think so.  I believe they were written off as the worthless turds––and unreliable allies––they are after the Libya event.  

French troops have been on the ground and under U.S. command in Desert Storm and Afghanistan.

Would our current administration support Britain if the Falklands War flared up today? If not, would that forever label Americans as a whole as "worthless turds––and unreliable allies?"

Vive la France!

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Their embassy got a bell ringer in close but not a hit, IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
France was trying to avoid a full on war with Libya over Chad.They bombed Libya more than we did during the border conflict. Khadaffi  blew up a French airliner 3 months before he downed PA103 over Lockerbie for their bother.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't think so.  I believe they were written off as the worthless turds––and unreliable allies––they are after the Libya event.  

Yeah good thing they didnt go to Afghanistan and kill any Taliban, those unreliable bastards.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure. A guy at work says France wouldn't allow the US use of their air space in the 90/91 Gulf war.

I also think he's full of shit. Well, I KNOW he's full of shit. I just wonder if he's right about this.

He is FOS. We had French troops in Iraq in 91. Dudes were super cool.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I've read in GD several times that Libya didn't cause us no problems after we kicked their ass...leaving aside killing  270 people and bankrupting Pan Am. Even stranger is that while at least it's been pointed out that Scotland set their asshole free,lots of people want to ignore the fact that Dubya absolved Libya of further economic responsibility for the Lockerbie and disco bombings. We might not negotiate with turr'ists but we'll take their billion $ and call it good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He is FOS. We had French troops in Iraq in 91. Dudes were super cool.

THANK YOU!! You may have read a post i started about him having an IQ of
157. But when he gets an idea in his head he can be  real dumbass.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the FFL held one of the extreme flanks.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Just worked with an ANG Wing Commander.  His state has some 135's and they would deploy to England and do a tdy to Spain.  When they tried to fly back through French airspace, they were put in a hold.  When they asked when they could expect clearance, the Froggy controller said "sometime tomorrow afternoon".

They then had to return to their base in Spain and make some phone calls.  They eventually re-routed away from French airspace but it's a pain.

Not sending a kid of mine to free them again.  Too many dead Americans in French cemetaries already.

TC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top