<––- doesn't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it bad that I am smiling right now
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Can someone explain to me why Hostess would need "permission" from anyone to start shutting down it's business?  Aside from the owner(s) of course.

I'm sure it must have something to do with the bankruptcy, but even then I still don't quite understand.  What if they said "no"??  The company is not allowed to go bankrupt?>  Uh..?

Something about a private company having to ask permission to do something just fills my mind with fawk.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad it's all over. Shitty management gave themselves 2x pay raises, fucked it all up, and are going to run away laughing their asses off.

Employees get fucked

Creditors get fucked

Americas obesity epidemic slows for a minute.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Something about a private company having to ask permission to do something just fills my mind with fawk.

Asking a court to allow you to renege on legal binding contracts you made is something that should be expected.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Merry Christmas union schmucks !!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me why Hostess would need "permission" from anyone to start shutting down it's business?  Aside from the owner(s) of course.

I'm sure it must have something to do with the bankruptcy, but even then I still don't quite understand.  What if they said "no"??  The company is not allowed to go bankrupt?>  Uh..?

The court directs their action due to bankruptcy.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Asking a court to allow you to renege on legal binding contracts you made is something that should be expected.

The company made legally binding contracts?  You mean with the union?

I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't the company have made some disclaimers in regards to loss in sales/income?

Say there was no union strike, but instead everyone simply quit buying their products.  Would they have to ask permission to shut down then?

Just trying to understand here....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The court directs their action due to bankruptcy.

Okay.

So what if the court said "No, you can't shut down".

Then what?  The company has to continue paying employees with money that doesn't exist because they didn't write in a disclaimer that puts everything dependant upong being able to sell goods?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My head was full of fuck when the judge ordered them into mediation too. I hope more go Galt.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Twinkies soon to be made in China with lead, and shipped to US. The lead will make the yellow color seem brighter. So for all the Union bashers, that's were those American Jobs went, China. Typical Management giving themselves raises and fucking over the American worker, surprised they didn't get a bailout so they could plan a luxury cruise for themselves too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice job union.  Hope your 18k employees actually start to think...though, I doubt it.  Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My head was full of fuck when the judge ordered them into mediation too. I hope more go Galt.

So your head is full of fuck because the Judge simply enforced the terms of the contract?

Why?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Twinkies soon to be made in China with lead, and shipped to US. The lead will make the yellow color seem brighter. So for all the Union bashers, that's were those American Jobs went, China. Typical Management giving themselves raises and fucking over the American worker, surprised they didn't get a bailout so they could plan a luxury cruise for themselves too.

So the unions caused more jobs to go to their communists brothers and sisters in China?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Good.  I hope GM is next.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your head is full of fuck because the Judge simply enforced the terms of the contract?

Why?

What contract? My understanding was that they were in contract negotiations and neither side backed off.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To big to allow to fail.

I'm surprised that Obama hasn't saved the Twinkies yet!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

0bama won't let them. Too big to fail.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What contract? My understanding was that they were in contract negotiations and neither side backed off.

Union contracts typically have clauses to cover how negotiations are conducted. Even during a strike and between formal contracts. Binding clauses.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd rather buy something made in China than made by fucking union scum - you have to draw the line somewhere.

Union filth/Obama voters are not my countrymen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]
FVCK EM!

The company has been run like $hit for the past 10+ years.  Liquidation has always been inevitable.  

Fire everyone, sell the brands, and get it over with.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Money
And they need more money to shut down.

Would you give them a loan, but the court will get them the money/loans

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fucking lol I love reading some of the shit typed here...

Whatever you say, genius...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lulz.  A bailout like the UAW got?  That kind of bailout?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Twinkies soon to be made in China with lead,cadmium and shipped to US. The lead cadmium will make the yellow color seem brighter. So for all the Union bashers, that's were those American Jobs went, China. Typical Management giving themselves raises and fucking over the American worker, surprised they didn't get a bailout so they could plan a luxury cruise for themselves too.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To big to allow to fail.

I'm surprised that Obama hasn't saved the Twinkies yet!

He strikes me as more the Doritos type....

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#33]
<edit, Mcculver5>
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#34]

This thread will self destruct in 10...9...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Union agreement with the company.
If it was a non-union company they could have closed the doors whenever they wanted to.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nice job union.  Hope your 18k employees actually start to think...though, I doubt it.  Dumbasses.

Fail. The fuck, why not make an attempt to research and understand what the fuck is going on.

Google, it's a motherfucker.

18,500 employees
6,6000 Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union (BCTGM) fucked the other 11,900 employess.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Union has nothing to with them closing down.  It was vulture capitalists that shut Hostess down...they had a new CEO every 1.5 years and each took millions until they milked Hostess dry.  They got theirs and then said fuck everyone else.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Union has nothing to with them closing down.  It was vulture capitalists that shut Hostess down...they had a new CEO every 1.5 years and each took millions until they milked Hostess dry.  They got theirs and then said fuck everyone else.

Riiiiight.
I want $20 worth of the cheap crack you're smoking.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Obama will save them!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[/url]

IBTL ??
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#41]
They need an OK to wind down business? Fucking close the door and turn the lights out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail. The fuck, why not make an attempt to research and understand what the fuck is going on.

Google, it's a motherfucker.

18,500 employees
6,6000 Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union (BCTGM) fucked the other 11,900 employess.

And they fucked themselves out of a job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Go do some factual research then get back to us....FOX News is not facts as we've already seen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Go do some factual research then get back to us....FOX News is not facts as we've already seen.

You are correct that the CEO's (and others) paid themselves.
However, that's not why the company went under.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#45]
When a company seek bankruptcy protection, they are giving up control of their company to the court in exchange for that protection. They need to officially petition for virtually all expenses including payroll, utilities and taxes. These are usually just a formality. The creditors all get to review these petitions to stay in the loop of the petitioner's expenses. The court's viewpoint is about maximizing value of the company so that is why contracts can get broken and new terms imposed.

That is just a quick summary but it can get really complicated.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather buy something made in China than made by fucking union scum - you have to draw the line somewhere.

Union filth/Obama voters are not my countrymen.

Not all union members vote for Obama.  Did you feel this way when I was working 16 hour days and sleeping in a FEMA trailer restoring the power in your state a couple weeks ago?  Next time just ask us not to hook your power up and we will honor your request.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Its Unions
Outdated business model

You can blame both the union and company for the failure
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#48]
well the sad part is the non-union corporate and support staff that is fucked over by the union.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I read somewhere that Hostess cakes are still in production... in Canada.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
well the sad part is the non-union corporate and support staff that is fucked over by the union.

Fucked over by taking bonuses and asking the union employees to take another 8% pay cut after they just took a 16% pay cut? Who fucked who?  You have to draw the line somewhere.  When did it become wrong to take a stand? I bet the CEO wouldn't work without a contract, why is it bad for the labor to have a contract?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top