Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The articles are all saying upper management has been working on $1 year a bonus only if they could pull off the turnaround. Whos money do you think has been floating all those Union employees for the past couple months?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
well the sad part is the non-union corporate and support staff that is fucked over by the union.

Fucked over by taking bonuses and asking the union employees to take another 8% pay cut after they just took a 16% pay cut? Who fucked who?  You have to draw the line somewhere.  When did it become wrong to take a stand? I bet the CEO wouldn't work without a contract, why is it bad for the labor to have a contract?

They can stand on the unemployment line

Besides, it was an 8% hit the first year with three years of 3% raises and a year of 1% after that.  Read the fucking news, drone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Glad it's all over. Shitty management gave themselves 2x pay raises, fucked it all up, and are going to run away laughing their asses off.

Employees get fucked
Creditors get fucked
Americas obesity epidemic slows for a minute.

Plus they just asked the  Judge if they could pay out Bonuses to the top 19 managers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Union has nothing to with them closing down.  It was vulture capitalists that shut Hostess down...they had a new CEO every 1.5 years and each took millions until they milked Hostess dry.  They got theirs and then said fuck everyone else.

This
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union has nothing to with them closing down.  It was vulture capitalists that shut Hostess down...they had a new CEO every 1.5 years and each took millions until they milked Hostess dry.  They got theirs and then said fuck everyone else.

Riiiiight.
I want $20 worth of the cheap crack you're smoking.

Go do some factual research then get back to us....FOX News is not facts as we've already seen.

You are correct that the CEO's (and others) paid themselves.
However, that's not why the company went under.

Oh Please do tell,

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the big deal anyways?  If you are a hard worker and have marketable skills, you will find a comparable job and pay.  Oh, sorry, you're a union baker.. good luck with that!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Twinkies soon to be made in China with lead, and shipped to US. The lead will make the yellow color seem brighter. So for all the Union bashers, that's were those American Jobs went, China. Typical Management giving themselves raises and fucking over the American worker, surprised they didn't get a bailout so they could plan a luxury cruise for themselves too.

I'd rather buy something made in China than made by fucking union scum - you have to draw the line somewhere.

Union filth/Obama voters are not my countrymen.

Not all union members vote for Obama.  Did you feel this way when I was working 16 hour days and sleeping in a FEMA trailer restoring the power in your state a couple weeks ago?  Next time just ask us not to hook your power up and we will honor your request.

Fuck em, Its funny when their world is OK they are all bad asses but when the Lights,phone and internet go out they turn into whining bitches. I am finally enjoying my SECOND day off since sandy hit CT.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Lot's oh union cock sucking going on in here.....   What I find fucking dispicable is the fact a company has to get permission to what it wants with what it owns.  Who gives a fuck really union will get what it asks for in the form of loss, it will continue to challenge corporate america till all major companies go out of business and we all end up in the line...............
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Stupid union fuqqs, say bye-bye to those cushie overpaid jobs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nice job union. Hope your 18k employees actually start to think...though, I doubt it. Dumbasses.

It wasn't all 18,500 employees that did this. Many of that number were teamsters and they didn't support the Bakers Union idiots.

Never fear....Little Debbie Cloud Cakes are twinkie clones.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Twinkies soon to be made in China with lead, and shipped to US. The lead will make the yellow color seem brighter. So for all the Union bashers, that's were those American Jobs went, China. Typical Management giving themselves raises and fucking over the American worker, surprised they didn't get a bailout so they could plan a luxury cruise for themselves too.

I'd rather buy something made in China than made by fucking union scum - you have to draw the line somewhere.

Union filth/Obama voters are not my countrymen.

Not all union members vote for Obama.  Did you feel this way when I was working 16 hour days and sleeping in a FEMA trailer restoring the power in your state a couple weeks ago?  Next time just ask us not to hook your power up and we will honor your request.

Fuck em, Its funny when their world is OK they are all bad asses but when the Lights,phone and internet go out they turn into whining bitches. I am finally enjoying my SECOND day off since sandy hit CT.

Yeah, never would have happened without the beloved union.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
well the sad part is the non-union corporate and support staff that is fucked over by the union.

Fucked over by taking bonuses and asking the union employees to take another 8% pay cut after they just took a 16% pay cut? Who fucked who?  You have to draw the line somewhere.  When did it become wrong to take a stand? I bet the CEO wouldn't work without a contract, why is it bad for the labor to have a contract?

Besides, it was an 8% hit the first year with three years of 3% raises and a year of 1% after that.  Read the fucking news, drone.

Ok smart guy, I'm calling you out.  Post your facts and they better not be from a FOX new sight or something similar.  Why the fuck would they strike over a 1% raise? Management fucked this one up and I see from another post you made on another thread that you are management.  It makes you mad to see the peasants make a living wage doesn't it.  You are the reason why our manufacturing jobs get shipped to China. Post your fucking facts, drone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Go do some factual research then get back to us....FOX News is not facts as we've already seen.

Really? From all the documents coming out, it sure sounds like BOTH sides of the table ran the business as their own person ATMs and right into the ground.

Over paid shit management + over-the-top union + creditors that kept kicking the can down the road = dead business.

Sounds just like GM and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lot's oh union cock sucking going on in here.....   What I find fucking dispicable is the fact a company has to get permission to what it wants with what it owns. Who gives a fuck really union will get what it asks for in the form of loss, it will continue to challenge corporate america till all major companies go out of business and we all end up in the line...............

Hostess is in bankruptcy.  They can't sell off assets, or pay bills without court approval.

The court reviews assets owned and debts owed, and orders who get what based on the nature of the obligations.

If they hadn't filed for bankruptcy, they could pretty much do whatever they wanted.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]
http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2012/11/20/creators_oped/page/full/

The work rules imposed in union contracts required the company that makes Twinkies, which also makes Wonder Bread, to deliver these two products to stores in separate trucks. Moreover, truck drivers were not allowed to load either of these products into their trucks. And the people who did load Twinkies into trucks were not allowed to load Wonder Bread, and vice versa.

All of this was obviously intended to create more jobs for the unions' members. But the needless additional costs that these make-work rules created ended up driving the company into bankruptcy, which can cost 18,500 jobs. The union is killing the goose that laid the golden egg.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#17]
The new contract cut salaries across the company by 8% in the first year of the five-year agreement. Salaries were then scheduled to bump up 3% in the next three years and 1% in the final year.

Hostess also reduced its pension obligations and its contribution to the employees' health care plan. In exchange, the company offered concessions, including a 25% equity stake for workers and the inclusion of two union representatives on an eight-member board of directors.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/index.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice job union. Hope your 18k employees actually start to think...though, I doubt it. Dumbasses.

It wasn't all 18,500 employees that did this. Many of that number were teamsters and they didn't support the Bakers Union idiots.

Never fear....Little Debbie Cloud Cakes are twinkie clones.

Yeah because the Teamsters requirement that bread and twinkies can only be shipped on different trucks was a reall money saver huh?  Fuck the Unions they will soon all get what they deserve.  To the poster who corrected my statement you thank you your point is a valid one and my post was in ignorance
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Oh Please do tell,

Greedy union fucks.
The company or the holding company or the investment firm can do what the fuck they want to do with the company and the profits.
They OWN the fucking company.

It's a plain as the nose on your face, the company asked the union for concessions.
The Teamsters already gave up a little.
The bakers didn't want to play.
The company called them on it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look for the Union label, it'll soon be replaced by Made in China (anyone remember that tune?)  

Are you saying there will be enough lead in Twinkies to smelt them down ?

You guys sure don't know how the Chinese cook food for export.
You know all of the leftovers and waste from the mold and sulphur laden drywall?
It's turned into enriched white flour that's used for baking.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, ask the Teamsters Union, who told them to get back to work....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new contract cut salaries across the company by 8% in the first year of the five-year agreement. Salaries were then scheduled to bump up 3% in the next three years and 1% in the final year.

Hostess also reduced its pension obligations and its contribution to the employees' health care plan. In exchange, the company offered concessions, including a 25% equity stake for workers and the inclusion of two union representatives on an eight-member board of directors.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/index.html

The party is over ... if you didn't get to party neckid at the lake over the last three decades, you might'a missed your chance.

Yep.  That deal should have been jumped on.
I took a 40% pay cut (salaried position) over the summer when my employer ran into serious trouble (no sales).  Now we are back on our feet and everyone back to their normal salary and have had our best 4th qtr ever.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Oh Please do tell,

Greedy union fucks.

The company or the holding company or the investment firm can do what the fuck they want to do with the company and the profits.

It's a plain as the nose on your face, the company asked the union for concessions.

So the Union all on its own magically interviews people, hires them, makes new accounts in payroll, creates new enrollments for pensions/healthcare, etc., and asks for larger lines of credit to pay for it all?
It takes two to tango. ARFCOM's mantra of the Unions ruin everything is tired and overused. Management could have easily said no and told everyone who wanted a job to show up on Monday and if they wanted to get paid, they work until Friday LONG before it came to this. The Unions were a problem and Management ENABLED the stupidity to roll on.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, ask the Teamsters Union, who told them to get back to work....

Oh you know the deal, the company has 6,600 bakery union employees, the other 11,900 employees of the company are all managers who gave themselves huge bonuses.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, this thread sure brought out the class warfare entitlement crowd.

Nice to see you all taking a break from DUh.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok smart guy, I'm calling you out.  Post your facts and they better not be from a FOX new sight or something similar.  Why the fuck would they strike over a 1% raise? Management fucked this one up and I see from another post you made on another thread that you are management.  It makes you mad to see the peasants make a living wage doesn't it.  You are the reason why our manufacturing jobs get shipped to China. Post your fucking facts, drone.

Is this really how you want to spend your Thanksgiving vacation?

You could be playing Xbox, or imagining what second base feels like...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Oh Please do tell,

Greedy union fucks.

So the Union all on its own magically interviews people, hires them, makes new accounts in payroll, creates new enrollments for pensions/healthcare, etc., and asks for larger lines of credit to pay for it all?

It takes two to tango. ARFCOM's mantra of the Unions ruin everything is tired and overused. Management could have easily said no and told everyone who wanted a job to show up on Monday and if they wanted to get paid, they work until Friday LONG before it came to this. The Unions were a problem and Management ENABLED the stupidity to roll on.  

Yea, that pesky thing called a collective bargaining agreement doesn't mean a thing.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiight.

Oh Please do tell,

Greedy union fucks.

Yea, that pesky thing called a collective bargaining agreement doesn't mean a thing.  

Many counties in FL told their unioned employees to show up for work on Monday if they want to keep their job and told the unions no. It's a very simple word - no. Management should have correctly managed, not signed onto stupid legal binding measures and workers should have worked. Neither side did their role and now they're all gone.
People may collectively bargain and they can just as well be collectively ignored. The company kept signing on the dotted line to their own death.
I'm in a union, if that bears any fruit in this conversation.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Difference between a private company with union employees and a .gov with union employees.

I guarantee you had Hostess gave the union an ultimatum to show up to work or be fired that there would have been a huge shitstorm and it would not have ended well.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this really how you want to spend your Thanksgiving vacation?  

You could be playing Xbox, or imagining what second base feels like...

You need to wake up and realize that Romney lost because he was an assbag and supports the same ideas that you do.  We tried it your way and our country went to shit under the Bush administration.  The people made their choice and you are a minority.  If YOUR job gets shipped to China I promise I won't be a dick about it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Difference between a private company with union employees and a .gov with union employees.

I guarantee you had Hostess gave the union an ultimatum to show up to work or be fired that there would have been a huge shitstorm and it would not have ended well.

In red: Not really, both have their bargaining meetings and management in either case can chew them down or say no. The problem is once they sign the dotted line.

Again, the problem wasn't the here and now. Management that signed onto this should never work again. Even if they did run the clock with the ultimatum, too fucking bad. I'm willing to bet there are PLENTY of reasonable workers there that would show up for work Monday and ignore the union.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You need to wake up and realize that Romney lost because he was an assbag and supports the same ideas that you do.  We tried it your way and our country went to shit under the Bush administration.  The people made their choice and you are a minority.  If YOUR job gets shipped to China I promise I won't be a dick about it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In red: Not really, both have their bargaining meetings and management in either case can chew them down or say no. The problem is once they sign the dotted line.
Again, the problem wasn't the here and now. Management that signed onto this should never work again. Even if they did run the clock with the ultimatum, too fucking bad. I'm willing to bet there are PLENTY of reasonable workers there that would show up for work Monday and ignore the union.  

I am pretty sure there are 11,900 employees that want to show up for work on Monday.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#39]

FOX News propaganda! Give me a real source.  That did give me a good laugh though.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Glad it's all over. Shitty management gave themselves 2x pay raises, fucked it all up, and are going to run away laughing their asses off.

Employees get fucked
Creditors get fucked
Americas obesity epidemic slows for a minute.

Outing yourself as Union huh?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

FOX News propaganda!  Give me a real source.  That did give me a good laugh though.  Thanks

That's right, don't even watch it.

Don't test that bullshit fairy tale you've been spoon fed and lapped up like a good little boy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Unions are ALWAYS part of the problem. Even if management is also part of the problem, what's wrong with getting rid of the unions as a nice start?

Holy union circle-jerk in here tonight.

Edit to add:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another Union plant.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#45]
store shelves are empty here. no shit
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#46]
The brand names are worth more than the company and its baggage.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#47]
unionweasel mad?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
unionweasel mad?

The weasel part is ironic.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
unionweasel mad?

The weasel part is ironic.

Gun lover and IBEW member. Proud of both. I can find another job for the same pay in a week if we closed our doors. Bakery workers can't but I do sympathize with them. Good night all and Happy Thanksgiving. No hard feelings.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no such thing as a "living wage."

If there is, Unionistas in this country sure aren't living on it.  Otherwise, there'd be no need to ship jobs overseas to places where people have an entirely different understanding of that phrase.

Either way, the entire trend of the past 100+ years has been toward the complete elimination of human labor in manufacturing.  And it can't happen too soon, imo.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top