Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/21/2012 5:02:58 AM EDT
I know a couple of small business owners who, in order to get under the 50 employee limit exemption from Obamacare, have begun letting some employees go.

I mentioned to one of them that he should identify and target his employees that voted for Obama. He thought about it for a minute then got a big smile on his face...

I mean if they voted for the shit-bag, shouldn't they feel the upcoming "pain" first, longest and most?

Anyone else know of any small business owners doing the same thing?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know a couple of small business owners who, in order to get under the 50 employee limit exemption from Obamacare, have begun letting some employees go.

I mentioned to one of them that he should identify and target his employees that voted for Obama. He thought about it for a minute then got a big smile on his face...

I mean if they voted for the shit-bag, shouldn't they feel the upcoming "pain" first, longest and most?

This never really happened, did it?  This conversation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to make a comment about the possibility of losing almost half the workforce then I remembered....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]

No!
Cut their pay and make it miserable for them to work there, so they quit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it did. In a Right To Work, At Will state.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No!

This.

Don't let them get unemployment that we'll all end up paying for.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Full Disclosure- I got the idea from Neal Boortz...he was talking about a friend of his that was doing the same thing. Great idea, IMHO. Fuck 'em...let the bastards burn.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was going to make a comment about the possibility of losing almost half the workforce then I remembered....

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Some employers warned their employees about the consequences of an Obama win.  I work with one drone who refused to acknowledge the subtle warnings our boss gave.  He may very well be one of the first ones out the door.  Dumb shit.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm calling BS as well. He wouldn't have needed someone else to come up with the notion of firing obama voters.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Only if they want to lose their businesses in 1st amendment lawsuits.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#12]
How very left wing of you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#13]
should be, but there won't. our side is the reasonable side, and therefore the losing side.

Nobody ever won a war by being nicer than the other side.

But damn we are trying.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
then there will a National lawsuit EEO day from Eric Holder
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Its petty, but so is Class Warfare so would'nt care.

No point being nice anymore by my reckoning.  We are already Racist Nazi's in their eyes anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Purges are necessary comrade.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's smart make them a part of the FSA in case you fire them without cause, brilliant!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

No!

This.

Don't let them get unemployment that we'll all end up paying for.

Targeted cuts for the Obama voters, unless a business has to get under 50 employees

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hitting the nail on the head.... he did it...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm calling BS as well. He wouldn't have needed someone else to come up with the notion of firing obama voters.

It's not a BS story. Conversation was with a life-long friend who owns & operates an Ambulance service. He's going to can one of his top 3 people and several other Obamunists between now and Christmas.

Elections have consequences...heh heh heh
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No!

Don't cut their pay. Just change their hours to 8 hours/day.

But not 8 consecutive hours per day.  Make it four two-hour shifts spaced about two-hours apart.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#22]
One way or another, I imagine quite a few Obama voters are going to receive their just due.

Loss of job, cut in hours, no raises, worse health care benefits with higher co-pay and greater deductible, or no more health benefits at all, their parents will be dropped by their doctors as Medicare patients........syphilis; they earned it now them soak it all in and enjoy it all.

I hope each and every liberal bastard gets to embrace the horror.

They earned it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Whether we want it or not there will probably be one out of just plain necessity.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The 1st Amendment protects speech against attempts to silence it by the government. As far as I know, political affiliation isn't a protected class under EEO laws.

Yet.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a BS story. Conversation was with a life-long friend who owns & operates an Ambulance service. He's going to can one of his top 3 people and several other Obamunists between now and Christmas.

That's kinda dumb. He should start at the bottom. Getting rid a "top 3 person" is like something about nose, spite, face...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1st Amendment protects speech against attempts to silence it by the government. As far as I know, political affiliation isn't a protected class under EEO laws.

Yet.

"your position has been eliminated, as I have decided to take the company in a different direction".
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

"your position has been eliminated, as I have decided to take the company in a different direction".

....move the company forward

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im OK with it. Some people have to get what they want in order to see the folly of it, or they will never learn.

Why would you want to get rid of someone who did not contribute to this mess?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

....move the company forward

FIFY

That works too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

If business owners start punitively purging the workforce based on political affiliation, it'll take about 30 seconds for it to become protected.  Do you really want that?

OP, try to think your cunning plan the ENTIRE way through next time.

Also perhaps stop acting like a leftist.  That one may be hard for you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The 1st covers government, not private citizens.  I can fire you as a buisness owner for anything you say and in a right to work state here isn't anything you could do about it
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Rationality is rarely left wing, IMO

TXL
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sounds like a great way for the ACLU to sue his company out of existence.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#35]
On one hand, firing someone over their vote seems wrong, but on the other hand, letting go someone who voted directly to negatively impact your company seems right, given the need to reduce workforce; and all other things being equal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Unions let members that they know vote the other way sit in the hall waiting on a job. I know that for a fact, so fuck them. If you can make them reap what they've sown before the economy totally shits the bed and were all living in cardboard housing. I won't see a problem with it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#37]
How could anyone so stupid as to vote for Obama possibly bring any value to an employer anyway?  Well, maybe if you're in the entertainment business...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#38]
1 - Political affiliation is not a protected class. You can fire someone for their political views or how they voted in a right-to-work state. It doesn't break any laws.

2 - That doesn't mean you won't be sued. Sometimes stupid lawsuits go through. More often they are settled simply because of the legal costs. Even if the suits are thrown out, going through the steps for 10, 20, 50 lawsuits can cost a lot of money.

People should generally go through life, not by seeing how close to the edge of the cliff they can get without falling off, but by ensuring that they never get close enough to fall under the worst circumstances.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#39]
As a retired business owner,,,I`ve fought all the battles,,,IRS, OSHA,EPA and many others. THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY I WOULD HELP AN EMPLOYEE FUCK ME BY VOTING TO HAVE ME BECOME A SLAVE TO THE GOVERNMENT.

I believe that MY rights as a risk taker take precedence over ALL other issues. FUCK DEMOCRATS AND THEIR STUPID IDEAS.

I need more coffee before I do my honey doos for the wife.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a great way for the ACLU to sue his company out of existence.

Shh, you'll interrupt the corporatist circle-jerk.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1st covers government, not private citizens.  I can fire you as a buisness owner for anything you say and in a right to work state here isn't anything you could do about it

that is always good in theory.  The reality is that an attorney will take the case for free advertising on the news, you will be forced to pay $400 an hour to an attorney for an ungodly amount of time.  in the end,. you might be correct,  but your bank acct will be lighter.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#42]
As a business owner, I'm not going to fucking fire anyone based on their political views

Jesus, it's hard enough finding people who show up and work...I'll only fire sucky employees. I don't care what anyone believes, I'm in business to make money, not political statements
Speed

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As a business owner, I'm not going to fucking fire anyone based on their political views
Jesus, it's hard enough finding people who show up and work...I'll only fire sucky employees. I don't care what anyone believes, I'm in business to make money, not political statements

Spedd

THIS guy has brains.

Those of you cheering for purges and pshaww'ing lawsuits...   eh...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#44]
An employer would be incredibly stupid to give any indication that they were dismissing employees based solely on political views.

Much like how Boeing could have just quietly opened a new plant in SC, but some execs just had to let it be known that the move was in retaliation for a strike by union members in WA, which may have crossed a legal line and drew a complaint from the NLRB.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe tell the soon to be fired Obama-bot that due to Obamacare, the company has decided to go forward in a different direction and downsize the workforce.  Then tell said employee that his fellow employees voted him off the island, and that you are FIRED.

No need to bring said employee's politics into it; if they are at all perceptive they'll get it sooner or later.

There, no need for the dance of the lawyers to commence.

ETA: better idea:

Tell said employee that their job has been reclassified, and that he will now be reduced to 20 hours, and another of the poor unemployed will be hired to take over the other 20 hours the position used to have.  They can take it (and be considered an part-timer for whom you don't have to pay benefits), or they can QUIT, and be ineligible for unemployment.

There, you solved 2 problems at once; you helped reduce the unemployment rate (well, the U3 rate anyways), and you no longer have to pay benefits.  Of course the person may say no way, and quit and that's a win-win as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The 1st Amendment, a part of the Bill of Rights, deals with restrictions on the government, not private entities.

Edit: Already covered here.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

If business owners start punitively purging the workforce based on political affiliation, it'll take about 30 seconds for it to become protected.  Do you really want that?

OP, try to think your cunning plan the ENTIRE way through next time.

Also perhaps stop acting like a leftist.  That one may be hard for you.

Acting like a leftist; not at all.

On the contrary; ridding my  business of employees with a palbable sense of entitlement, a predilection towards jealousy and class warfare, a belief that I didn't build it, and general malcontents who will spread dissension among my other employees is actually a very sound business decision.

My business my rules, so long as I do not break any laws and since Obama voters, and liberals in general, are those likely to demonstrate the above traits; they are most usually the ones whose employment is not to my best interests.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#48]
You want to fire employees or cut their pay for exercising their first amendment rights? That is unAmerican.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Traitors... the lot of em
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You want to fire employees or cut their pay for exercising their first amendment rights? That is unAmerican.

If I were a businessman, this is probably what I'd think about that comment:

I'd think it's okay to let them experience the consequences of them exercising their "rights" in my workplace.  They can say what they want, OUTSIDE of my business/workplace with no repercussions. Inside my business, keep your pie-hole shut, and do your job. NO talk of politics; it's not appropriate in the workplace, IMHO. That opens you up to being fired if I don't like your politics and you talk about it in the workplace in violation of the company rules.

I have noted that the pendulum has swung too far in the favor of the employer.  Many folk I know seem to be self-censoring themselves and not talking about certain subjects, politics being a big one, because they are afraid their employer will find out and fire them.  If you self-censor yourself in that way, you are already being oppressed, IMHO.  It doesn't take the govt suppressing your speech, ala the jack-boot, if private employers can do it themselves.  The employer shouldn't be able to fire you for what you say OUTSIDE the workplace. Inside the workplace, it's their rules or the highway.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top