Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:14:00 AM EDT
I've been a die-hard customer of my local cable company (local group, Buckeye) due to the high connection speed and really good customer service, but the rates are a bit high at almost $190 a month.  Enter Dish/Frontier.  Around $90 a month (pre-tax and fees) for the first 12 months, then $115ish after that for a 2 year contract.  Plus a $450 Apple gift card.  Input? Horror stories?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
More channels to fap too.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been a die-hard customer of my local cable company (local group, Buckeye) due to the high connection speed and really good customer service, but the rates are a bit high at almost $190 a month.  Enter Dish/Frontier.  Around $90 a month (pre-tax and fees) for the first 12 months, then $115ish after that for a 2 year contract.  Plus a $450 Apple gift card.  Input? Horror stories?

I am assuming dish is the satellite company?

What is frontier?  is it DLS or also satellite?

We have had directv for 6 yrs now with no issues.. signal does go out during heavy snow/rain - but that only happens a handful of times a year. My neighbors have Dish for several yrs now without complaints..

If your internet is satellite you will NOT be happy unless dial up is your only other choice..

not sure how helpful this is, but we need more info

brian
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Do yourself a favor and ditch the cable tv altogether.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, Frontier is the landline and DSL provider.  Currently have 20Mb/s service (up to that is) and the DSL is 7Mb/s but I have a fairly good understanding of the differences.  When doing any heavy FTP work I've never seen my download speed go above 3Mb/s but I wonder if that's the FTP that I'm using or a true reflection of my speed because of the mass of people leaching off the cable in the neighborhood.

Would love to ditch TV altogether but with 5 kids and the Mrs needing entertainment it's not in the cards right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Frontier sucks ass.
DTV FTW.

Best thing about satellite is that it's still working in space when the power goes off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Frontier sucks ass.

DTV FTW.

Best thing about satellite is that it's still working in space when the power goes off.

Thanks for the detailed synopsis as to why Frontier sucks ass, very insightful

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top