Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2002 11:03:24 AM EDT
I need to know the procedure for moving intrastate w/ NFA toys.
In the last year, I have aquired 2- A .30 Suppressor and 1 MG.

Is Maryland a NFA state?
I hope so...

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Maryland is NFA.

[size=6]N[/size=6]o
[size=6]F[/size=6]irearms
[size=6]A[/size=6]llowed

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
As Garandman said MD is NFA friendly. VA & PA are better as far as gun laws go (in general).

To move our NFA items, you will need to submit form 5320.20 and get it approved before you go.

See [url]www.titleii.com[/url] for a copy of the form.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Maryland allows NFA weapons, just no CCW unless you have a "good reason."  Mind you I don't know the regulations, but make sure you have your transfer papers and always carry a copy with you.  The NRA website should have the applicable laws.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#5]
McU - if you want to see what kind of state you're moving to (and for anybody else who wants to see a pretty dark vision of the future,) please read Maryland Attorney General Joseph Curran's [i]A Farewell to Arms[/i], his manifesto of how he plans to disarm Maryland and the nation.

You can read it here:  [url]www.oag.state.md.us/Press/guns.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, Maryland is NFA.

[size=6]N[/size=6]o
[size=6]F[/size=6]irearms
[size=6]A[/size=6]llowed

[}:D]

View Quote

diss
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can read it here:  [url]www.oag.state.md.us/Press/guns.pdf[/url]
View Quote

Ouch...
The good thing is with the transfer to MD instead of CO, I can have my hardware, since the facility where I will be living permits gunz.
Bad news is, the state I am moving to wants to ban them.
Good thing it's a temporary situation.
Although, "temporary situations" have been known to become permanent if the person gets too comfy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good thing it's a temporary situation.
Although, "temporary situations" have been known to become permanent if the person gets too comfy.
View Quote

Heh.  My wife and I have been 'temporarily' living in Northern VA since '93.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
If I remember correctly, the job itself required you to forfeit your RKBA. How is this going to work?
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, the job itself required you to forfeit your RKBA. How is this going to work?
View Quote

Quoted:

Ouch...
The good thing is with the transfer to MD instead of CO, I can have my hardware, since the facility where I will be living permits gunz.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahhh... my bad. I thought it was a job-based limitation, not a facility-based one. I would be happy to babysit your NFA weapons for a couple of years. Tweet and I will take good care of them and see to it they get plenty of food, oil, and exercise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top