Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:48:05 PM EDT
The era of the professional politician, loyal to nothing save himself, has reached it's zenith in the presidency of Barack Obama

I've never seen such a nakedly dishonest and partisan president.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The era of the professional politician, loyal to nothing save himself, has reached it's zenith in the presidency of Barack Obama

I've never seen such a nakedly dishonest and partisan president.

Well, the thing with Presidents is that unless one has been around to see all of them, a person has a very small group of men to form such an opinion about one on.

After all, I might say that Nixon was very dishonest for cheating on his taxes.

When it comes to the rest of them, we are often dependent on what history tells us about them. History says the administration of Grant was quite corrupt but paints a glorious picture of JFK. Is that in fact true? Who can say.

Is the current guy bad? Yes, I would say so. Is he the worst for all time? Unknown......but he's pretty bad in the present.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My hope is that he reverts to,his true lazy and shiftless self.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Red man has been making the same complaint for centuries.  

I think the Red man has been right.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Most Politicians- people who couldn't get hired doing anything else.

That should explain a lot. (some like Romney, etc) had careers prior and some achievement, but many I think just ended up there because they couldn't do anything useful. Unless you count "community organizing" as an achievement.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My hope is that he reverts to his true lazy and shiftless self. overreaches so badly even MSNBC can't make it look good.

Unfortunately, we have a long way to go before we reach that point.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Most Politicians- people who couldn't get hired doing anything else.

That should explain a lot. (some like Romney, etc) had careers prior and some achievement, but many I think just ended up there because they couldn't do anything useful. Unless you count "community organizing" as an achievement.

That's the problem. Politician shouldn't be a career choice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#8]
A major problem is that Conservatives seek employment that does something beneficial for humanity and pays well too.

Progressives abhor the concept of earning money by doing something useful, so they are drawn to things like politics, things that produce no benefit to humanity but still pay well.

Progressives/fascists are proud that they produce nothing of value.  Proud of the fact they are consumers not producers.  This is nothing new, it has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.  To Liberals, earning is stupid but money fer nothin' and chicks fer free is the mark of a smart person.

Very smart people are repulsed by politics but it attracts those of lower intelligence and morality.  The very smart are a small minority, the mediocre to dumb greatly outnumber them.  Thus, it is like it is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My hope is that he reverts to his true lazy and shiftless self. overreaches so badly even MSNBC can't make it look good.

Unfortunately, we have a long way to go before we reach that point.

Not true, they repeat his lies enough along with the rest of the guilty MSM. Fuck Obama, right in his lying ass

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A major problem is that Conservatives seek employment that does something beneficial for humanity and pays well too.

Progressives abhor the concept of earning money by doing something useful, so they are drawn to things like politics, things that produce no benefit to humanity but still pay well.

Progressives/fascists are proud that they produce nothing of value.  Proud of the fact they are consumers not producers.  This is nothing new, it has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.  To Liberals, earning is stupid but money fer nothin' and chicks fer free is the mark of a smart person.

Very smart people are repulsed by politics but it attracts those of lower intelligence and morality.  The very smart are a small minority, the mediocre to dumb greatly outnumber them.  Thus, it is like it is.

That is well said and true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top