Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 6:40:03 PM EDT
So I'm driving home today, absolutely perfect day out. Sunny, warm, payday with a little money to burn, Friday with the weekend free, think I'll... go home and clean out the gutters.
I've gotten old! When did this happen???
Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'm geting old too. I got off work early, deposited my paycheck, and came home to hang out with the dogs and wait for the wife to get home. And I got a weekend ahead of me full of working around the house.

But you know what? I don't mind it so much.

Strange thing is I'm only 28.

I guess I lived hard and fast enough when I was younger, and got it out of my system. There's only so many bar brawls, car chases, and assorted incidents of mayhem you can go through before it catches up with you.

Luckily I got through it without a real criminal record (no felony's!), and with all my fingers and toes.

And when it comes down to it, I'm much happier this way. And don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of fun. Still enjoy beer and bbq, and shooting any chance I get. But life is still MUCH quieter than it used to be.

So, ya you might be getting older. But it's not THAT bad is it?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not old until the doctor decides you're now at the age where it's a good idea he stick his finger up your ass during your yearly physical.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 34 and have the opposite problem. Driving home. Friday. NO MONEY TO BURN. so I sit at home on the boards, wishing I was out scoping out some young honies trying to get laid. [:(] About the same when I was around 16yo. No money and grounded.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I had money to burn.  I burnt it at Jensens in Loveland CO on some ammo.  Got some .223 tracers and some black hills match 308.  Now I'm young and poor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top