Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 11:40:16 AM EDT
Here are a few suggestions that I saw on other's threads.
Feel free to "write in" anyone that you think is perfect for the office.

edited to add: poll won't work...
so here are the suggetions I have seen so far.
Ted Nugent
Storm'in Norman
John Milius
Tom Seleck
Oliver North
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nuge.
There is no other choice, since we have to elect a celebrity in order to appeal to the hive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Stormin Norman[:D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stormin Norman[:D]
View Quote

You're right.
He's better than Nuge.
100X better.
Has an air of "patriotism" that is so saleable in America today...

Good call.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
crap, no poll available....my vote is for Storm'in Norman!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotta go with the Nuge. with him you have a celebrity how supports gun ownership and hunting rights as well as being pro-leo.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The Nuge.

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Tom "Thomas Magnum-Matthew Quigley-Roy Cobb" Selleck.

Yep. That's my pick.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tom "Thomas Magnum-Matthew Quigley-Roy Cobb" Selleck.

Yep. That's my pick.
View Quote

I will second that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Tough choice, really only between but Stormin' Norman and The Nuge. I really like The Nuge's attitude. But, my training (brainwashing?) is telling me to follow Stormin' Norman.

Stormin' Norman gets my vote.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll vote for whoever has Ted Nugents views on gun ownership.

Nuge does have one distinct advantage - the media doesn't know what to do with him. He's a wild eyed, rock and rollin' crazy man. Who happens to be pro gun.

He defies being stereotyped. And every interview I've seen him do, he soundly whips the interviewer, since they can't pin him down as some sexually repressed wife beater religious nut who wants to arm every felon in the world.

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Garandman- I totally agree, for the EXACT VERBATIM, word-for-word reasons you posted..
It has to do with being gun owners pigeonholed, and Nuge not being able to.
Absolutley.

But I think in the here and now, Norman would appeal to a broader audience.
He still has that "stuffy old white man" air, but I think America eats him up.
And what senator would have the gall to go against a war hero duing a war!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Any of the above;

Stormin' Norman... a leaders leader, outspoken patriot and war hero. People would listen to him more readily than any of the others, IMO.

Ted Nugent... one of the only gun advocates I've ever heard lucidly discuss the true reasoning behind the 2nd Amendment. The guy makes a good case.

Tom Selleck... not as strong a character as the 'Nuge, but certainly more respectable in the eyes of the general public. Celebrity is always a plus. Proved himself on Rosie.

John Millius... being black has obvious political advantages, and if he's eloquent and educated, well I'm all for 'em. He'd garner almost the same kind of respect as Schwarzkopf, but he's not a celeb.

Ollie North... Patriot. Not a bad choice, but would provide the anti's a lot of fodder because of Iran-contra. Shame, he seems to be a good leader as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Count my vote for Norman!

Tom Seleck a close second!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But I think in the here and now, Norman would appeal to a broader audience.
He still has that "stuffy old white man" air, but I think America eats him up.
And what senator would have the gall to go against a war hero duing a war!
View Quote

Stormin' Norman is fine with me, as long as he sticks a finger in the eye of Schumer, Hitlery et al, letting them know there is a new sherrif in town, and we're fixin' to take back our gun rights.

I'm TIRED of dancin' around the issue. If there MUST be an armed revolution to re-establish the Constitution as the supreme law of the land, [b]let's get it on[/b], now, before I'm too old to engage the enemy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#18]
In order of preference:

GoatBoy
Me
Stormin' Norman
Tom Selleck
Ted Nugent
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Selleck would be a good choice because he can be considered more mainstream.  He's also more likely to sway the soccer moms because of his appearance.

Schwarzkopf would be a good choice because he's a readily identified war hero.  However, it might be slightly detracting to have a former military officer lead a civilian organization.

Maybe we should look to recruit Rumsfeld.  He's certainly capable of handling the mdeia...  
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Give me someone who will fight for more evil features on my AR and I might consider joining the NRA.  Is Stormin Norman that guy?  I hope so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I want to find out who's going to be less likely to compromise our rights away before I vote for him. I wonder if they'll wait till next years annual meetings in Orlando?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd like to see Neal Knox in the president's seat.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#25]
As someone wisely mentioned in another "NRA President" thread, Ann Coulter would make a good choice.  She is fiery, and it will disarm the liberals to have a woman in a leading role.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top