Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 6:46:40 PM EDT
Tiny patch on my right foot burns.

How do i get rid of this stuff?

Which over the counter stuff will wipe it out?

Do i need to go to a doctor?

Thx

Paper

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Paper, get some Lotrimin AF.  It should work in a few days to a couple of weeks.  Also keep your feet dry and clean.  Dry and clean socks are important.  Change them often.  Wear slippers in the shower and dont share shoes or socks with other.

Now, imagine a worse case scenario.  Imagine if that itch was on your crotch!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
thx guys

Paper
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Jock itch and Athletes foot are VERY close to being the same thing. They are different, but very close.

Lamisil AT, which will wipe-out jock itch in about 3 days, does WONDERS for athletes foot.

Lotrimin will take a little longer.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Lotrimin or Lamisil (usually the later) is what we suggest as OTC stuff.  Both work fairly well.  

Keep your feet clean and dry to help prevent reoccurance.

You sure it is just one small patch--that is fairly unusual, unless it is between the toes.  If you have it anywhere else, it might be worth checking out to be sure it is not more significant (contact dermatitis, etc.).

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Lotrimin Ultra (butenafine hydrochloride 1%) works for me. I used Tinactin for years and have found Lotrimin to be superior.

Slippers in the shower is the key, especially at the gym and places like that.

Actually, there used to be this stuff can Absorbine Jr., which was basically the active ingredient in Tinactin added to a bunch of plant extracts and oils. This is the stuff you save for bad cases that keep you up scratching at night. It's like pepper spray for the feet. It burns your toes so bad, you forget that they itch and you can sleep. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now, imagine a worse case scenario.  Imagine if that itch was on your crotch!  
View Quote

Had it all of last summer.  Still have scars.  Try some OTC spray but I actually passed out from the pain.  The worst summer of my life!

Keving67
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]NO NO NO[/b]

you guys are all off. try some antibacterail lysol(spelling). perhaps some nice lemon sented.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone ever get it so bad that you have them tiny little pustule/blister things? I've had it that bad and it's a nightmare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top