Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 9:51:29 PM EDT
No good, scrotum licking, manjuice slurping, feces eating thieves broke into my brother in laws house today. The secluded rural house was left unattended for about 5 hours. There was one of those hangup when you answer phone calls to see if anyone was home earlier but my niece didn't think anything about it. The back door was forced open violently and pieces of door jamb were laying about 3 feet inside the house. Minimal searching and two guns stolen. Funny thing, the thieves took short guns and left long guns worth more. They had to walk around one 16 gauge pump to get at the others.

The dead bolt and door lock were in their sockets but the jamb gaveway. No foot print of any kind on the door. Must have a big man and he put his hip into it. No signs of pry marks either. My son is standing guard till the brother in law gets back from a buisness trip.

Why do people have to lose guns before they buy a gun safe?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno. And why don't they invest in an answering machine and a dog, too?  By the time I live someplace rural there's going to be a big, 'unfriendly to everyone but my family' kind of dog roaming through the house or outside.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
UPDATE.

Sheriffs department representative came and made a report. Got the serial number of the pistol that was on paper. We didn't want the off paper one reported. The LEO didn't even look around. He wanted to know more about the log home than the burgulary.

Insurance will pay handsomly and the brother in law will have enough to buy the materials for a bunker in his basement and a replacement pistol.

We will lay blocks against two existing block walls, fill them with rebar and concrete and I will build a fireproof vault door for it.

Blessing in disguise I guess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why do people have to lose guns before they buy a gun safe?
View Quote

I had some guns stolen several years ago, went out and bought a nice big safe to keep the rest of them from sticky fingers...funny thing is as I am looking around the room I don't keep very many of them in it.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Some security recomendations, buy some noise maker alarm from radio shack, it makes them nervous, they don't know if it is a call in type of thing, and it may well be,cheap 20.00 a unit. Get some fake cameras and post them or better yet get some real ones there not that expensive. They cost about the same as that one gun you did not report missing, and you can hook it into your tv vcr.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tips bountyhunter. I mentioned those very things to him yesterday and you just validated my stance. We might have a clue and if it pans out this pos will be knowing what suffering is all about.

The brother in law wanted me to build burgular bars for the whole house but I talked him into a vault and alarm system. Burgular bars can get you burnt to death or trapped in a situation when you need mobility instead of a fortified position.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You know I've been to Tenn. and thought it was a nice state, with some nice people, back to the point I know exactly how you feel I can abide a lot of things but a thief ain't one of them, POS is accurate. Good luck on the clue thing, be carefull leave no trace, my experience with law enforcement is that they are just lazy anymore, report writers, heck with the investigation, (no fingerprinting, it is messy) but it is a lead if a suspect develops, from my experience this just means a report no follow up or concern, you have just been boned by the local law, sorry and good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top