Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Arfcomers reading this can probably change the firing pin of their EBR in under 60 seconds.  Around 30 seconds in many other cases.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't figure out why any of the gun manufacturers have stayed in the North East this long.

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure AZ would GLADLY accept any firearms MFG to setup shop here!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More CT madness, a serious attempt to out California California.

I can't even own a Colt by name here. Used to be the machining/ metal cutting capitol of the North east, now its a giant govt run slum. MOssberg, Marlin, Winchester, Ruger....gone or near gone. Me, ....near gone.

What does the redded part mean.

( I know redded isn't a word. I'm being cleaver.)

They probably specifically ban Colt AR-15 models by name. IIRC CA does the same.

Same here in the PRNJ..if it saus Specifically "Colt AR-15" on it...it's a Ebil Debil Baby-Killer gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I foresee swap meets.  Every one gets together for a party, drops their firing pins in a big bowl, and when it's over just grab a firing pin on the way out the door.  This Friday pizza, beer and AR-15 pins.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I foresee swap meets.  Every one gets together for a party, drops their firing pins in a big bowl, and when it's over just grab a firing pin on the way out the door.  This Friday pizza, beer and AR-15 pins.

Thing is, the states that enact these asshat laws will ALSO make provisions for criminal charges for "Changing, Switching, or otherwise Altering a numbered part" or some such bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Here in Maryland ("Little Russia"), microstamping in handguns has been law for a while. My son acquired a Glock 19 recently, and a fired piece of brass is submitted to the State by the dealer before you pick it up. A murder in Texas was actually solved when a microstamped piece of brass at the crime scene was traced back to a Glock that was formerly a police issued firearm here. I'm not sure if the microstamping is actually on the striker or on the face of the bolt, but I find this big brother practice to be a bit disconcerting to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here in Maryland ("Little Russia"), microstamping in handguns has been law for a while. My son acquired a Glock 19 recently, and a fired piece of brass is submitted to the State by the dealer before you pick it up. A murder in Texas was actually solved when a microstamped piece of brass at the crime scene was traced back to a Glock that was formerly a police issued firearm here. I'm not sure if the microstamping is actually on the striker or on the face of the bolt, but I find this big brother practice to be a bit disconcerting to say the least.

BULLSHIT. LINKS OR BS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#9]
This seems like an easy way for criminals to throw law enforcement off their trail (leave public range brass at the scene of the crime)
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BULLSHIT. LINKS OR BS.

Not microstamping.  That's just matching brass or fired bullet's rifling marks to a recovered or catalogged gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not microstamping.  That's just matching brass or fired bullet's rifling marks to a recovered or catalogged gun.

Ah that makes sense because it's very likely that the technology patent will prevent others from doing this.

So you have to submit fired brass with every handgun you buy in Maryland? You can keep that shit thanks.

Governor Cuomo got rid of CoBIS (Combined Ballistics Identification System) this past March.  It was based off the Maryland system and after 12+ years @ $4,000000 per year never solved a single crime.  (yes, New York actually removed an anti-gun law)

Now, the same knuckleheads in the State government want to push forward with microstamping even though it has all the same weaknesses plus the replacement parts issue.

No wonder New York is broke.

David

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fox News is reporting that Colt and Remington are threatening to move their manufacturing to western states if NY and Connecticut...

I think all manufacturers should leave the unfriendly states they are in
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is no micro-stamping law in Maryland. The requirement for spent brass for newly sold handguns is an attempt to log identifying marks specific to each and every firing pin, but is not micro-stamping.

The only state to enact true micro-stamping into law is California but the law is "on-hold" whatever that means.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I left California two years ago and I always thought that I would go back.... Got to Oregon, Started buying the cool shit and realized, Im never going back to the Peoples Republic of California aside from visiting family... its to easy in other states to enjoy life without all the BS... Cost of living, laws, taxes and other shit make california a shit place to live..
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]
My rough firing pin was causing pierced primers with these max loads so I polished it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BULLSHIT. LINKS OR BS.

My bad! I'll try to research the Baltimore Sun article. It could be that it was a previously fired "non-microstamped" piece of brass, but  the article was about microstamping and I may have misunderstood the specifics of how the murder was solved. Sorry guy's.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All you gotta do it have at the micro stamp with a file and the number would come right off.

Then you really could get in trouble for "filing down the firing pin".  

Considering the number of people I meet who still think this action results in "a machine gun", yeah I can see that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Think there would be a market for firing pins that stamp FUCK YOU on the primer?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top