Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 7:18:15 AM EDT
I stumbled across these.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Candy-Confections-Cigarettes/dp/B001BU0JEK/ref=pd_bxgy_misc_img_y

I had always heard about these, but thought they had been legislated out of existence. I guess not?

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Man I remember eating those.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, that takes me back.  And ..............  bubble gum cigars!

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Man I remember eating those.

Yep. They tasted like shit but you ate them anyway   .
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I love this review!
the part in red is BS BTW, amazon will ship a product back, and even have it picked up free of charge!

"Im 30 yrs old. I have bought candy cigarettes my entire life. I actually bought 14 packs a few days ago from the ice cream man. Tasted wonderful, the same as always. THE ONES I ORDERED ON AMAZON WERE NOT THE SAME. ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Different taste/flavor, different texture, different moisture content... YET... the boxes are printed the same. The ingredients are listed the same. The manufacturer is the same. How then is it possible that the ones I bought 3 days ago so good and the Amazon ones to disgusting?!?!?! I do not know. All I know is, I WISH I HAD SEEN THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I BOUGHT 38 DOLLARS WORTH, 1200CANDY CIGARETTES FROM AMAZON. Of coarse to get a refund I must pay shipping. Total shipping... 24 dollars. Total refund... 28 dollars. I only receive 4 dollars of my money back and lose the product. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE TASTE BUDS AND A MEMORY IN YOUR BRAIN OF THE REAL FLAVOR. I am very disappointed and will NEVER buy from Amazon ever again. I had a gift card, only reason I did this. A gift from the parents of a 15 year old disabled child I work with on a volunteer basis. Thank you amazon. THANKS FOR NOTHING. Plus they lied to me by saying no one has ever complained about this... I saw at least 3 or 4 on this page alone. DO NOT TRUST AMAZON. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT REVIEWING IT FIRST. IF THERE IS EVEN ONE BAD REVIEW TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. I bet the good one are fake and used to support false claims as I personally know their claims are 100% false. I will be posting this on message boards and facebook all over to inform everyone I know. "
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
My dad freaked out when we bought those from the Quick-Stop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Gateway candy... I took up smoking to kick my candy cigarette habit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They had powdered sugar in them do you could blow smoke  

I never saw any made like that.

The one's I remember you could blow smoke out of where bubble gum cigarettes.  They were gum wrapped in a cigarette looking paper.  You could put them in your mouth and blow powdered sugar out the end looking like smoke.  Then you unwrapped them and chewed the gum.

They weren't the solid white candy cigarettes like I think are pictured in the OP.  And yes the white ones tasted like crap
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The ones we used to get as kids had a slight wintergreen flavor to them. They were actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#12]
hahaha i bought 2 boxes of those last year

they are no where near as good as they used to be they taste like chalk now.. new ingredients have ruined them

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to hand those out for Halloween
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Man that takes me back. Good find OP.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember those too. Pink bubble gum wrapped in a white paper roll, with powdered sugar inside the paper, you could blow through the "cigarette" and a pretty good puff of powered sugar would come out a time or two.

Pre-1980's IIRC.

I think they were sold in a fake Lucky Strike looking pack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I just saw something else I haven't thought of for decades:

http://www.amazon.com/Nik-L-Nip-Wax-Candy-Bottles-1lb/dp/B000I0CLK4/ref=pd_sim_gro_4

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#17]
oh man those bring back memories!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#18]
The ultimate candy IMO when I was a kid was Jet Licorice.  They were sort of like cigarettes and came in a box like a small pack of cigs.  Hard chewy black licorice that looked like 3 inch long straws.  I remember a red and white box with a jet on the front of the package.

I've looked all over the internet for a mention or a picture, but there is nothing out there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember those too. Pink bubble gum wrapped in a white paper roll, with powdered sugar inside the paper, you could blow through the "cigarette" and a pretty good puff of powered sugar would come out a time or two.

Pre-1980's IIRC.

I got them all through the 80's.

http://www.candycrate.com/bubgumcig.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pre-1980's IIRC.

I got them all through the 80's.

http://www.candycrate.com/bubgumcig.html

I was commenting on when I remembered them from, I'm sure you're right; I have no idea when they stopped selling those.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top