Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 2:08:53 PM EDT
Confederation Day, the Swiss National Holiday, celebrated on August 1, was instaured at the end of the XIX century. The date refers to an agreement made at the beginning of August 1291 between Uri, Schwyz and Nidwalden.

Traditional observance includes bonfires on the the Mountains and celebrations in the communities, occasions for patriotic speeches. Modern observance, fostered by the Tourist offices, include fireworks or even August 1 parades.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Suddenly I got an urge for a K-31 and a fondu set.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Suddenly I got an urge for a K-31 and a fondu set.
View Quote

LMAO! I was thinking something more like a Swiss bank account, but I'm afraid the feds would accuse me of laundering terrorist's money or something stupid like that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys! The party's over here [:D]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=137272[/url]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
[sleep]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife is Swiss so we usually have a BBQ this time of year with Swiss flags all around.  Usually matches up with the offshore powerboat races out of Benicia as well, so makes for a good combo BBQ.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for them.  They entered the UN this year, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top