Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 12:43:03 PM EDT
I am looking at the AF Reserve.  How good are the benefits?  Also give me some reasons not to join up.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no beneffits, as far as med goes you have sgli 250,000 LI.  but thats about it.  you get paid for your time.  and you get training.

the af reserve is sending me to TEES explosive entry in august cant beat that shit.

reasons not to serve your country?

1.  there is no reasons
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.  I have wanted to do "something" for quite awhile, just trying to find out the best branch to join in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just pray that you never need to use your reserve medical benefits (duty related injuries/illnesses only), because they'll send you to a VA hospital, if possible).  [i]If[/i] you wake up, you'll be lucky if you still have both legs.

When I got off active duty in '92, I had to go to the VA for my physical.  I've seen shit there that made me NEVER go back for follow-up tests.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There are n medical benefits for reservists. You are only covered by the military when you are actively participating on a drill weekend or on your two weeks yearly active duty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top