BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 2:04:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.ebaymotors.com[/url]

sometimes they have running engines for a good price...just have to look around
also see long blocks and short blocks...he could pick up a performance engine too if he wanted :D
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get a nice crate motor from GM for Something like $1500. I'd check your dealer first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Most independent rebuilder engines are about the same quality as Hesse.

Buy the GM!  Other options are do your own quality rebuild or locate very low milage junkyard unit.

My observation or engines from the parts stores as they are a little poorer than terrible.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can get a nice crate motor from GM for Something like $1500. I'd check your dealer first.
View Quote

Yep, get a new crate motor !
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Chevy used to have something called a Targetmaster crate motor. Kind of a generic replacement for all smallblocks. You might also try Brasington at www.gmotors.com or www.gmpartsdirect.com/. Both offer good discounts and will quote the freight up front for comparison purposes. I've done business with both and have been satisfied with price and service.
FWIW
DFB
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, get a new crate motor !
View Quote

The Goodwrench 350's come with a 3 yr/50K mi warranty good at any dealership too!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out [url=http://www.jasperengines.com]Jasper Engines[/url]. They have a reputation as one of the best-quality rebuilders, and most engine applications come with a 75,000 mile warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top