Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
No whiskeyp, didn't you hear, they quickly defused the situation by dumping 4 times the amount of chlorine and other "purifying" chemicals in the water to clean the poison up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why I keep 4000 gallons of fresh water around. We don't drink the municipal water anyway- its foul without poison! We drink bottled (you are what you eat)and just use the municipal for wash etc. But if some nutcase did poison the public water supply we are good to go... I think I would have to help the neighbors, most of them have no concept of the threat, and act like they live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood, but we would still have enough to support the locals and be safe.

[8D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever happened to the firing squad?
GD!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No whiskeyp, didn't you hear, they quickly defused the situation by dumping 4 times the amount of chlorine and other "purifying" chemicals in the water to clean the poison up.
View Quote
[^]  Break out the Mr. Yuk stickers!![X]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
actually if I may interject (like that word?) for a moment. I spoke with a head honcho over at a water district here in Southern Cal and asked how hard is it to poison our water should terrorists want to. He said "It is very difficult to poison us through the water system. water is monitored CONSTANTLY as it is poured into holding tanks. Once the water is deemed safe, the holding tanks are then emptied into a secondary tank which is then pumped into our homes. Should the water test fail while the water is in the holding tank, It is then removed and VOILA! we are safe"

I think a lot of this poisoning of the water deal is a scare. Thats all.
View Quote

Seems fool proof unless the person/s who deems the water safe wants to kill you.

Let's hope the gooberment takes these threats more seriously than they did about the far fetched idea that they might fly planes into the WTC, the Pentagon, and the White House.
Face it....we're pretty much on our own when it comes to terror attacks. The gooberment is ready to help when it is too late.
Just pray its not your city.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm... Milwaukee managed to poison it's OWN water back in 1994... Fortunately, where I live we have our own village water treatment plant... some times you just gotta love the suburbs...

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let's hope the gooberment takes these threats more seriously than they did about the far fetched idea that they might fly planes into the WTC...
View Quote

Well, it's not like it's a new idea. During the early days of the Cold War there was fear that the Commies would try to poison the water supply. That's another reason we have water quality monitoring.

Of course, there were a lot of people who thought that flouridated water was a communist plot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's hope the gooberment takes these threats more seriously than they did about the far fetched idea that they might fly planes into the WTC...
View Quote

Of course, there were a lot of people who thought that flouridated water was a communist plot.
View Quote

Makes for strong and shiney teeth.
Perhaps they thought we would get retina burn from blindingly relfective smiles and all loose our sight.

Tap water here tastes like metallic swampwater. It would probably taste better poisened....or at least pleasently jim jones cool-aid flavored.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]If only she had known[/b]

[url=http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=132&xlc=770749&xld=132]San Antonio Express-News[/url]

Web Posted : 07/29/2002 12:00 AM

Johnell Bryant still wonders, "What if?"

The Department of Agriculture employee had an encounter with Mohammed Atta that, in hindsight, could have been significant.

As the New York Times reported recently, the Sept. 11 conspiracy leader approached Bryant 15 months before the World Trade Center attack to ask about a $650,000 government loan to buy a twin-engine crop duster.

He also tried to buy an aerial photograph of Washington, D.C., that hung on her wall and mentioned that the Dallas Cowboys stadium had a hole in its roof.

Turned down, Atta "became agitated ... and asked her what was to prevent him from slitting her throat and stealing money from the safe behind the desk in her office," she said. The safe contained no money and she was a martial arts expert, she replied.

Al-Qaida could use someone with her skills, he told her, and someone named Osama bin Laden would someday be known as "the world's greatest leader."

Bryant says she still hasn't forgiven herself for not alerting someone on that spring day. But in that vastly more innocent world, her call likely would not have attracted the attention it would today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top