Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand the frustration, but if this actually holds true (the idea that liberals are fleeing liberal states and invading conservative ones), thenit stands to reason that the liberal states they're leaving are becoming more conservative. After all, nobody seems to notice any conservatives invading their state. It seems reasonable then, to infer that conservatives are staying put, while liberals are migratory. So then, it would stand to reason that once liberal states will eventually become conservative strongholds.
Yes? No?

No...
What stands to reason is that they have bankrupted their states and have come to Texas to suck off of us.

That might be funny if it had any thing to do with the reality of which states are sucking of the others....
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

Their figures include the upkeep of National Forests, National Parks, Military Bases, and other Federally owned properties and installations that each state has no control over. That's just one factor leading to this simplistic representation of "who's taking from whom". Then, we can go into just who is benefiting from those dollars. Are the benefactors groups who are traditionally leftist, due to entitlement largess being shoveled at them? What is a state supposed to do? Kick their vampiric leftist population out?

Ironically (not really), this chart also fails to take in consideration the benefits of a large capitalist presence in Blue States. Wall Street? Bank Interests? Silicon Valley? Hello? Maybe they should kick out those evil capitalist oppressors of the working class out of their progressive states and see what happens to their cute little "study".

Let's have the Red States trade their leftists to the Blue States, and the Blue States trade their libertarians and conservatives to the Red States, and see where that chart goes.

Paradoxically, these leftists are "complaining" about their own behavior. These people essentially crap once in their yard, crap twice in ours, and then have the nerve to tell us that we have twice the crap in our yard. It's all their crap. They can easily choose to vote for a more limited Federal Government. We're not stopping them.

There's also many other variables involved that aren't spoken of in that glib little leftist jab of a chart, but then it's snake oil disguised as statistical "evidence", and more often than not, people who choose to put their faith in snake oil, rarely look at the ingredients.

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The liberals are running to conservative states to flee the very thing that their liberalism has created.

They are generally fleeing high taxes which they created with their various social programs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew it!  The Governor sent the Texas Rangers to the wrong border. We can't count on Oklahoma and Louisiana stop them; they must be slipping through Arkansas or New Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When Texas goes blue, the country will fall.

Not happening anytime soon.

Sooner than you think. Within our lifetimes easily.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've heard similar remarks from numerous Texans on Arfcom and in my family.

Texas is the last, best hope of rational, conservative people... but the leftists know that.

You are forgetting my state.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I understand the frustration, but if this actually holds true (the idea that liberals are fleeing liberal states and invading conservative ones), thenit stands to reason that the liberal states they're leaving are becoming more conservative. After all, nobody seems to notice any conservatives invading their state. It seems reasonable then, to infer that conservatives are staying put, while liberals are migratory. So then, it would stand to reason that once liberal states will eventually become conservative strongholds.

Yes? No?

No...

What stands to reason is that they have bankrupted their states and have come to Texas to suck off of us.

That might be funny if it had any thing to do with the reality of which states are sucking of the others....

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

Do you actually believe that shit? Chart needs to be clarified by population. Low population states pay little in taxes versus the amount of federal infrastructure such as military posts and highways etc. We do not "suck" off the rest of the country. How about a chart that shows where the welfare dollars go?  

Here ya go.... looks pretty consistent with the initial chart, lots of welfare dollars going to southern "red" states.

Take a look at the unemployment insurance on that link. The Yankees need to get back to work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Oklahoma passed some 'no sharia' laws about not using religion as a basis for state laws.

We suddenly had an influx of muslims moving to our state and then 30 days later (minimum to establish residency) all filing suit against the state alleging religious persecution and 'hate mongering'.

We need to start playing 'cowboys and muslims' around here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I understand the frustration, but if this actually holds true (the idea that liberals are fleeing liberal states and invading conservative ones), then it stands to reason that the liberal states they're leaving are becoming more conservative. After all, nobody seems to notice any conservatives invading their state. It seems reasonable then, to infer that conservatives are staying put, while liberals are migratory. So then, it would stand to reason that once liberal states will eventually become conservative strongholds.

Yes? No?

No, IMO, the folks who left, leave because of who hasn't left.  And it ain't the conservatives......

Think Detroit.  Hell, how do you think we got motown steve.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oklahoma passed some 'no sharia' laws about not using religion as a basis for state laws.

We suddenly had an influx of muslims moving to our state and then 30 days later (minimum to establish residency) all filing suit against the state alleging religious persecution and 'hate mongering'.

Meaning what exactly??.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Texas heat will break them...

2011  More than 100 days above 100 degrees in North Texas.  

TXL
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

This is why I can't live in Texas. My people evolved in the snow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meaning what exactly??.

Really?
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

This is why I can't live in Texas. My people evolved in the snow.

I'm originally from Columbus.

There is a reason I am not ohLewis  

TXL
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Come to Austin if you want to be swamped with liberals.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I did live in Texas, it would probably be in/near Austin. I know the place is swamped with lefties, but I figure the rest of Texas keeps them in line. In the meantime, I'd be enjoying the food and music.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I did live in Texas, it would probably be in/near Austin. I know the place is swamped with lefties, but I figure the rest of Texas keeps them in line. In the meantime, I'd be enjoying the food and music.

The real Texas food scene is in Houston, seriously.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top