Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:46:53 AM EDT
I personally do not care what folks do to themselves for decoration just as I expect them to not care if I choose to laugh.

I have noticed though that it seems to be fairly common that bad people seem to dig facial ink. Am I wrong in seeing them as a greater potential threat than a guy with an arm tattoo when I am interacting with them?

Also, if you do get your face inked, please do not feign surprise and exclaim "What are you looking at?". You know what I am looking at. You craved attention and now you get it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't make them a dirtbag automatically.  It is rather stupid though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
This thread will go places.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
yes
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Very high up on the "would you like to buy a car stereo"? scale.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Neck maybe, face? Oh. Fuck. Yeah. I would guess that most facial tattoos are gang related.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]

First guy I ever knew with a facial tattoo was a construction guy where I used to work about 25 years ago. Seemed like a nice enough dude.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Tons of Macbook toting, college "hipsters" with neck/facial tats around here.

Bad life decision? IMO, yes. But not all criminals.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Charlie Manson's is kinda cool.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
No of course not.  all the higher ups in the fortune 500 companies have them
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]
For a guy with a face tattoo he actually turned out to be dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#11]
No, I've got a couple buddies with neck tattoos. Would trust any of them with anything. Some people just like tats.

BTW I don't have any tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Charlie Manson's is kinda cool.
Bill

Well of course someone with a quote from the same album as Helter Skelter would think so.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't hire anyone with a neck/face tattoo

Call me prejudice, but it's a bad reflection on my business which involves sending guys into a lot of people's homes, especially older people.

I even ask my guys to wear polo shirts to work
Speed

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Most often around here a face or neck tat means you're either in a gang or a whore. Ymmv.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I've never personally met someone with a face tattoo that had anything of value to offer to society.

Neck tattoos are a slightly different story. Probably 90% or more are the same as above. But I've met a few guys that turned out to be great, hard working guys. But had they not inked their neck, I imagine their life would be a lot easier and more successful in the majority of cases.

People judge you on appearance: inked, fat, long hair, whatever. It's just how it is.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#17]
SURE SIGN OF SCUMBAGGERY!!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#18]
They are sending a signal:

I am trash, and I want you to know I am trash, that's why I got tattoos on my neck, hands or face so I cannot hide that I am trash.  Accept that or don't, and I don't want to work for you if you don't.

So be it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Are facial and neck ink a common sign of a dirtbag?

No, I think they're a sign that the person has a facial or neck tattoo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is the truth...

Area they are in depends too... Ghetto = Dirtbag... L.A. Night scene = Possible dirtbag, but more likely a scene kid...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

How about 1 step away

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In my experience the facial ink usually does.

Tats on the side or back of the neck are usually 50/50.  Tats on the front of the neck are usually 90/10.

BTW, I have piercings and ink.  No ink on the face or neck.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Neck tats say to me. Poor understanding of consequences.
Facial tats say to be complete and total dumbfuck.
I have a tat on my right wrist ont he top I wish I had never gotten. I was 18 and stupid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Some of the worst dirt bags I have ever met don't have ink, have all their teeth, are clean shaven professionals with clean cut looks.
Some of the most wonderful people I have met have no teeth, are inked, and don't dress fancy but  are salt of the earth. Meaning, they live a clean life, are honest, work hard, are good to their wives and families, are dependable and honest and don't take advantage of people.
Scum comes in all shapes sizes colors and socio economic levels. Word to the wise: Do your homework. That old addage of don't judge a book by it's cover is spot on.

Whatch behavior instead.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've never personally met someone with a face tattoo that had anything of value to offer to society.

Neck tattoos are a slightly different story. Probably 90% or more are the same as above. But I've met a few guys that turned out to be great, hard working guys. But had they not inked their neck, I imagine their life would be a lot easier and more successful in the majority of cases.

People judge you on appearance: inked, fat, long hair, whatever. It's just how it is.

The first person I met with a face tattoo was an art instructor at University of Houston.  She was also a swimmer.  Nice person, very intelligent, and this was 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#26]
As an LE friend of mine says (regarding face/neck tat's on males): "That dude is guilty, he's done something wrong or is going to do something wrong."

Anyone who get's a tat on their neck or face is an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:13:58 AM EDT
[#27]
i call them idiot marks, the few ive dealt with are mostly at driveup windows, when i have to remind them i didnt get back the correct change or im having to remind them, please hand me my fucking order, as they stand there doing nothing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I've yet to meet a classy person with a throat tattoo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For a guy with a face tattoo he actually turned out to be dangerous.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

As an LE friend of mine says (regarding face/neck tat's on males): "That dude is guilty, he's done something wrong or is going to do something wrong."

Anyone who get's a tat on their neck or face is an idiot.

Anyone that paints with a broad brush is an idiot.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They are sending a signal:

I am trash, and I want you to know I am trash, that's why I got tattoos on my neck, hands or face so I cannot hide that I am trash.  Accept that or don't, and I don't want to work for you if you don't.

So be it.

Yes.  Now that I have warned you, I am no longer responsible for my actions.  If I fuck you over, it's not my fault because I warned you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes , and this is coming from an inkie . These people are giving inkies everywhere a bad name
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Why when I google "Face Tattoo" - are a good # of the people wearing Orange?  They look like such nice people.

"I'm so proud of my being white, that I cover everything up in black."  
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#34]
If it's just some stupid shit like a chick's name on your neck I'm going to assume you are worthless. If you have a sleeve that runs up your shoulder and onto your neck I'll think slightly more highly of you.

Anything on your face and you are probably borderline retarded.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#35]
The distance down your arm the tattoo is from the top of your shoulder is inversely porportional to the chance of you getting a W-2 instead of a 1099.

Tattoos on the face neck and hands say that I am way more likely to actually cost taxes as opposed to paying them. What with jail and shit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I like tats but head, neck, and hands are only if you really have your finances figured out b/c no one is giving you a job. Tats like that are for 'bangers, lowlifes, and rockstars.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Why when I google "Face Tattoo" - are a good # of the people wearing Orange?  They look like such nice people.

http://do-while.com/img/weird/facial-tattoos/facial-tattoos05.jpg

All his tattoos have been removed and I believe he married a black girl.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Some of the worst dirt bags I have ever met don't have ink, have all their teeth, are clean shaven professionals with clean cut looks.
Some of the most wonderful people I have met have no teeth, are inked, and don't dress fancy but  are salt of the earth. Meaning, they live a clean life, are honest, work hard, are good to their wives and families, are dependable and honest and don't take advantage of people.
Scum comes in all shapes sizes colors and socio economic levels. Word to the wise: Do your homework. That old addage of don't judge a book by it's cover is spot on.

Whatch behavior instead.

In a couple, two, tree decades of working with the employees of the family business and interacting with the public day in and day out, I'd like to say that judging a book by it's cover works 90% of the time.

You see the image they want you to see, your gut supplies the rest...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatch behavior instead.

In a couple, two, tree decades of working with the employees of the family business and interacting with the public day in and day out, I'd like to say that judging a book by it's cover works 90% of the time.

You see the image they want you to see, your gut supplies the rest...

Exactly. If you work with a public, nothing surprises you anymore and stereotypes are damn near a scientific law.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I guess that depends on how you'd define class.

Because you know someone on this site with a bunch of real nice neck ink...

He just doesn't advertise it much.

His career is quite respectable as well. I think you'd be surprised.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course, there are outliers in every data set...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Last time I saw a tattooed face in the wild, it was on a guy that was eating out of a trash can.  Take from that what you will.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#43]
show a level of tardism in that person.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#44]
CLE airport, terminal D.    I did not rearrange the magazines, just saw the inkie and knew it would be worth a laugh in GD eventually.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]
My first thought when I saw this thread was photos I saw of a Maori lawyer and a doctor with a full face tattoo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://do-while.com/img/weird/facial-tattoos/facial-tattoos05.jpg

All his tattoos have been removed and I believe he married a black girl.

Nope. He killed a prison guard.

Curtis algire
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#47]
At a minimum, it shows poor judgement.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Zombies and disco. What do zombies and disco have to do with tattoos? Quite a bit actually.

If you are like me you are sick of the whole zombie thing. Zombies, as a monster, have been around for quite a while. The Romerio zombie is what most people today think of as a zombie, not the Hatian version. And that got started with Night of the Living Dead back in the 50s. Zombies occasionally popped up in bad movies from time to time and they were a weak monster in D&D. But they sort of remained in the background. Then the “Zombie Survival Guide” was released. Zombies exploded. At first it was something of an inside joke among survivalists and gun nuts like us. But it rapidly grew beyond that to the point that there were zombies everywhere. And now most of us are sick of the whole zombie thing. Having a zombie plan was cool until everyone had a zombie plan, then it suddenly became rather uncool.

And there’s disco. People have been getting together and dancing in clubs for a long time. It goes back to the 1920s and 30s at least. Sometime in the early 70s it became what we think of as Disco. And disco became more and more popular over time. Then Saturday Night Fever came out and all of a sudden everyone wanted a polyester suit, a chest toupee, and some gold chains. All kinds of people started dancing under mirrored balls to the Bee Gees and the Village People. It got so big and so ridiculous that the fad had to end. And when it ended all of a sudden no one wanted anything to do with it anymore. Disco died and people burned their polyester suits in their back yard under cover of darkness to avoid the embarrassment of having been a douchebad tard that got on the disco train.

Now, tattoos have been around for thousands of years. Some cultures used them as a sort of tribal uniform. Other times they were used to mark slaves or soldiers. But the whole freeform tattoo thing we see today has never been really common even though it certainly existed, usually among circus freaks, sailors, or those that wanted to mark themselves as some kind of outlaws.

But, for some stupid reason, tattoos are all over the place now. And it’s not just a service tattoo on the upper arm or some girl with a butterfly on her ankle. It’s the all over tattoos, mixed with the whole body jewelry thing that have become popular.  I could offer guesses as to why. Some would suggest it’s probably a symptom of an American culture in free fall collapse. Personally I’m just of the opinion it’s just another stupid fad being fueled by the extended adolescence most people seem to experience mixed with the cult of self.

And, like any stupid fad, this one will end too. Or does anyone really envision a future where everyone walks around covered in ink? The whole of human history shows that this will not happen. The fad will end and it will probably end soon. And then the tattoos will be a more or less permanent version of that chest toupee from the disco era.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been thinking this as I read through this thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I see neck and face tats and for better or worse I think "dumbass"
Get as many as you want as far as I'm concerned where ever and how ever you want

Only thing I know from first hand experience not with tattoos but things in general is that what's cool or the world to you when your 25  will not be when your 50
Take that bit of knowledge to the bank
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top