Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 4:21:05 PM EDT
This is just ridiculous that someone would even propose such a silly and blatent violation of anyone's personal rights....But then again, look where he is from...

Rep. Howard L. Berman, D-Calif., formally proposed legislation that would give the industry unprecedented new authority to secretly hack into consumers' computers or knock them off-line entirely if they are caught downloading copyrighted material.
View Quote

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58786,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This kind of  shit  is bad , whats next .....?
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF? It just keeps getting worse! Is the United States still a free country?lol!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Big Brother's comin'.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I DARE them to pass this bill, because if they do, any company that actually ATTEMPTS to do this will have legions of hackers making sure their corporate network, and secrets go to /dev/null ...or the secrets to /dev/media.

if you pass this bill

Bring it on.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I DARE them to pass this bill, because if they do, any company that actually ATTEMPTS to do this will have legions of hackers making sure their corporate network, and secrets go to /dev/null ...or the secrets to /dev/media.

if you pass this bill

Bring it on.

Mike
View Quote

You know what? I didn't even think of that and you be SO right. Everthing gets plopped into \inetpub\*root
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to formally propose legislation that would allow habitual Texas prison inmates to butt-fvck Democtratic congressmen from California each time they introduce a new bill.  I think Rep Berman would be a favorite, too:

[img]http://www.house.gov/berman/berman4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeez, what a twirp.

Why is it that every time I see a f***ed up proposal it's from some POS California politician, usually from the S.F. bay area or greater L.A.?

We didn't get all the crappy politicians.

Did we?

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would like to formally propose legislation that would allow habitual Texas prison inmates to butt-fvck Democtratic congressmen from California each time they introduce a new bill.  I think Rep Berman would be a favorite, too:
View Quote

I'll second the motion, if we can 'add' the members of govn' that don't respect the [i]Oath of Office[/i]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is just ridiculous that someone would even propose such a silly and blatent violation of anyone's personal rights....But then again, look where he is from...
snip
View Quote

Youths may not be aware of how corrupt the music industry is, so I offer a primer:

Payola is an illegal payment and payola absolutely dominates the radio industry. Radio DJs earn squat and get huge illegal payments -payola - to only play what organized crime wants played on radio. Thus all stations play the same "unliterate" crap. This explains Rap being force-fed to whites. Sony Execs as recently as five years ago anonymously said payola is necessary for doing what amounts to destroying our culture and corrupting our youth. Under Clinton this was cool.

This person-to-person stuff is legal because it is not the original recordings and no effort is made to earn cash or actually diminish earnings of the big music companies. The big music companies are greedy and want more, so they see things differently. What else is new?

I believe that the big companies are doing these illegal and/or rude peer-to-peer infringements now. They justifiably fear court actions and other customer reactions. So they pay these for-hire politicians to help.

Lastly, firewalls, etc. are legal now. If these pop music scum get their way, firewalls will not be legal. Think about that...
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, should this pass, I will assume and suspect all computers even remotely related to the music industry have been downloading a copyrighted version of me singing (very badly) "happy birthday" and will begin my nightly campaign of booting them offline.

Since I don't have the necessary "3133t 5ki11z" to do this, I'll have to just have a bunch of those no-good hackers do it for me. [;D]

FOTBR
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you pass this bill
View Quote

Bring it on.

Yo know what? I hardly listen to music anymore, and I don't think I even have any "songs" on my computer...but these overbearing industry a$$holes can not even IMAGINE what will happen to their entire IT structure if word gets out that they hacked into even ONE private PC.... I second Dakotakid's comments..bring it the fu*k on!

Mike
View Quote

Yeah, I wonder if they would think it was still such a good idea when one day they all get to work and realize thier bank accounts had been frozen by the federal government because some hacker just sent 20 billion to Osama Bin Laden's private accounts overseas.

oops...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top