Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone who has smoked regularly for 40 years, I don't need anyone to tell me how dumb it is. Nor to I doubt that smokiing increases your chance of contracting several pulmonary deseases. But I have a question:

If, as I have heard, 2nd hand smoke is as bad as (if not worse than) smoking directly – it would seem to me that the occurrence of lung cancer etc. would have first been identified with non-smokers! Or, at least, there would have been little difference to distinguish the two groups in an urban setting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Never picked up the habit even though most all my friends smoke like chimneys.  What was that propaganda Re "peer pressure"?  The only time I ever smoke is on the national "smoke-out" when everybody is supposed to stop for the day, but that's just my contrary nature......
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Never have, never will!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quit cold turkey many years ago. Disgusting habit.  

Dying fairly quickly by lung cancer isn't so bad compared to being tortured by emphysema for 10+ years like my uncle.  Imagine never being able to catch your breath and having the feeling of being suffocated 24/7.

We all quit eventually.  Why not do it now and buy yourself a preban AR-15 with the money you'll save.    
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top