Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 12:00:52 PM EDT
Hey people, I have a dozen EZ Go golf carts that we use to get around our place, one of them crapped out and the nearest dealer is 120 miles away.

Won't turn over, but does make the reverse signal noise.

Anyone know anything about these things
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you seen the repair video, "When EZ Go Doesn't"?

Time to shoot it.

Good luck!

[:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey people, I have a dozen EZ Go golf carts that we use to get around our place, one of them crapped out and the nearest dealer is 120 miles away.

Won't turn over, but does make the reverse signal noise.

Anyone know anything about these things
View Quote

Im so sick of you bragging how rich you are all the time, "I have a lamborghini, I made $300,000 today ect...... havent you ever heard of modesty?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Dscott, you being serious?  I would hate to trash it if it was a simple thing, I am not the handiest person in the world, but I can replace some parts if need be.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yo Armed, I guess that means you don't know how to fix it (or should I run out and buy a few new ones to piss you off?)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed our resident golf cart expert with this thread, Urban Redneck. He will fix you up, plus he's a good guy too. Help is on the way.[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I sell golf car parts for a living. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll see if I can help. [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
AR15.COM has a [b]Golf Cart[/b] expert!?!  Damn I love this place. I can findy ANYTHING out here!!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dscott, you being serious?  I would hate to trash it if it was a simple thing, I am not the handiest person in the world, but I can replace some parts if need be.

View Quote

Nah, I was kidding... would make a cool target at the next BRC though...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it an electric or gas?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Torf, Gas.

Email being sent to our rexsident golf car mechanic.

And I do love this place also!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
AR15.COM has a [b]Golf Cart[/b] expert!?!  Damn I love this place. I can findy ANYTHING out here!!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

4 and a half years of service. Not an "expert" but I have a fair idea how they work. And I got access to a fully staffed service dept. if I get stumped. Yup, gotta love AR15.com.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im so sick of you bragging how rich you are all the time, "I have a lamborghini, I made $300,000 today ect...... havent you ever heard of modesty?
View Quote

Hmmmm

8 posts and you are sick already??

Well well well ......don't you have a thick skin.  Perhaps you should TRY HARDER to emulate Hielo??  Then maybe you could buy a dozen....skate boards!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmmm

Well well well ......don't you have a thick skin.  Perhaps you should TRY HARDER to emulate Hielo??  Then maybe you could buy a dozen....skate boards!!!
View Quote

Ow. Good one Dude. That will leave a mark.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Well a skateboard would make it easier to travel around the trailer park....( no insult intended to resident members who currently live in parks)...

Also...Armed??  Is your nick a description of you??  Armed with 2 teeth remaining??

Oh Hielo????

Can I go for a spin in your Lamborghini???????

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Assuming you've checked all the electrical connections and fuses it may just be a problem with the starter generator.  If the starter generator took a crap you'll need to replace it.  Where in NY are you?  I'm  a golf course superintendent down here on LI and deal with this type of stuff on a daily basis.  Willing to offer whatever help I can.  e mail me any q's or details and I'll see what I can do from here.
                              TIM
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Assuming you've checked all the electrical connections and fuses it may just be a problem with the starter generator.  If the starter generator took a crap you'll need to replace it.  Where in NY are you?  I'm  a golf course superintendent down here on LI and deal with this type of stuff on a daily basis.  Willing to offer whatever help I can.  e mail me any q's or details and I'll see what I can do from here.
                              TIM
View Quote

I am up in the Ithaca/Corning Area, about 5 hours north-west of you.

I am going to pull it apart tommorow and see if all the electrical connections are solid, and see if I can jump start it.

As to taking my cars for a spin, the welcome mat is always out for fellow Ar15.COMer's, just let me know.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL thanks Hielo.....

But....

I do not know how to drive a stick and I do not think you want me to learn on your toys!!!

LOL
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
If you can handle a tactical reload on an AR, you have enough dexterity to handle shifting a countach.

It is also the car my wife learned to drive a stick on, so how bad could a guy screw it up .

(looking over his shoulder and flinching...just in case...)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Does it "click"?

Go forward or reverse?

Good battery?

Only jump battery!  That starter is a little more complex than a car due to the reverse and also being a generator.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#20]
It did "slowly turn over" for about 5 minutes, now it doesn't do that.  It does still make the backupwarning noise when put into reverse.

I am going to pull the battery and slap it onto a charger (thanks for the heads up on the starter!)

The battery is new, but it is also an unknown.  I have had batteries go bad on me from the outset.  I amy try swapping another battery into the machine to see.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry, I can't help you if it's gas.  I used to fix electrics.

There are better people to consult than me anyways.

It sounds like you might need a battery charge, or check all your connections.  A warning beeper doesn't need much power, and is probably directly wired through the battery and FWD/REV switch.

Good luck!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Torf.

Anyone know where I can acquire a repair/service manual for these things?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure if you buy the company they will give you one!

But then, a good UNION mechanic wouldn't NEED one!!

If you have a voltmeter it is really pretty easy to check out your problem (and MANY others).
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Now that was funny MickeyMouse, no really.  It wasn't helpful, but it was funny .

I do have a voltmeter, so know I am in search of a repair/service manual so that I will know what to attach the two leads to .

Come on people, is it that much fun to see me have a problem?  (I was constipated this morning also if that gives you any joy).
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I can fax a wiring diagram if that would help. LMK. Urban.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I may rag on you, but I will also help.

Start out with the simple.  Battery should read at least 12.5 volts at rest.  If not, it is discharged or bad.  Read black lead to - post, red to +.

Repeat while attempting to start.  How much did voltage drop?  Measure at cable, not right on posts of batt.

How many wires to starter?  You need to tell me about it a little to direct you how to check.

Now, I am former IBEW union guy so you may not want the advice from a lazy, stupid union supporter!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey, I love advice from lazy, stupid union supporters, as long as it is free .

Unfortunately, I am going to be in Taiwan for the next four days, so I can't work on this thing, which is driving me crazy.

I will do the voltage measurement on my return.

I do know that the generator (?) has five wires coming out of it, and what looks like screws to access 4 brushes.  The wires are marked F1 F2, SOL, and I beleive A, then there is a thing green wire, which looks to be a ground of some sort, the generator (?) is marked Bosch.  It also has some identifying numbers/letters, but as I am out of country right now, I can't tell you what they are.

More when I get back, thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top