Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 7:44:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

LOL just to spam the anti spamming thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha Ha
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.well.com/user/abs/Graphics/spam.gif[/img]

[homer]mmmmm....SPAM...[/homer]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Spam Haiku:

Once I posted Spam

Then I posted it again

then others did too
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry GB. I just couldn't resist. As you see, this is my first offense. I promise it will never happen again.[>Q]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Gentlemen, the shit has hit the fan!! Lock and load!!!

[peep]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Fecal matter flys

Mall ninja now locks and loads

Now he craps his pants
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134598[/url]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Any way of keeping Chat Up and running. Not that Id have any interest in it. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, the shit has hit the fan!! Lock and load!!!
View Quote

No, apparently its the Spam thats hit the fan.

(of course, I always thought Spam tasted like shit anyway...)
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#16]
And we wonder why they call us gun NUTS.[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm... full moon tonite and the board goes nuts.(well more than usual)

Coincidence?  I think not!!!![whacko]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hmmm... full moon tonite and the board goes nuts.(well more than usual)

Coincidence?  I think not!!!![whacko]
View Quote

[img]http://www.planters.com/img/products_15_f3.gif[/img]

[homer]mmmmm.....nuts....[/homer]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There is a LOT of back end work to make  

Oh shit, not the dreaded back end work????????
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Lodge will be moving out of the AK board
View Quote

[shock]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Goatboy,

I have a serious question.

What effect does posting new threads have on system resources as opposed to more responses in a single thread? How does it affect overall system speed?

Is it just that you are likely to get more overall posts from multiple threads than from posts (responses) within a single thread?  (i.e. more overall stuff=slower performance/more disc space required)  

I understand the need to keep the ship lean and mean but how do extra threads contribute to "fat."

Thanks.
magnum_99

Edited to say:
I think I see now, on page 2, where the half-dozen locked threads are.  You have to a lot of extra navigating to get around the duplicate threads.  Not to mention the extra opening and closing of the dupes that aren't explicitly dupes.  

(the light comes on)    
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam; or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Spam Haiku:

Once I posted Spam

Then I posted it again

then others did too
View Quote

More SPAM haiku: [url]pemtropics.mit.edu/~jcho/spam/ [/url]

I kinda liked the anti-helicopter ammo thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam; or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
View Quote

You actually stay up at nights thinking this shit up?
[^]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, I was just trying to have a little fun. I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You don't "think this up", you revel in it's beauty.  Alas, the Reader's Digest condensed version is not enough - I present the full scene in it's complete spendor.

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned helmets on. A man and his wife enter.

Man (Eric Idle): You sit here, dear.
Wife (Graham Chapman in drag): All right.
Man (to Waitress): Morning!

Waitress (Terry Jones, in drag as a bit of a rat-bag): Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings (starting to chant): Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings (singing): Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam (crescendo through next few lines)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife (shrieks): I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam...(but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings (singing elaborately): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, I was just trying to have a little fun. I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.
View Quote

Keep up the good work.   [beer]

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, I'm going to be serious.

Goat, a quick thanks for the effort you're putting into the upgrade, and I have to say I agree, the multiple postings to eat up the site's clogged BW is silly...(obligatory ass-kissing over...)

The Lodge is moving over here? Goodness...any chance the Mall Ninja Forums will survive the upgrade, man?[:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

[img]http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/tt8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/tt2.jpg[/img]

[size=4][red]Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition![/red][/size=4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Suspicious UFO prompts shooting
JCC man fears terrorism when Aliens land.

By Brian Whitson and Patti Rosenberg
Daily Press

July 19, 2002

JAMES CITY -- When JAFO bought his double wide two years ago on Magruder Lane, he wanted a quiet place to relax and vacation during the summer.

For the most part, that has been the case - until Saturday morning, when the neighborhood quickly became less of a vacation spot and more like something out of "Men in Black."

About 8 a.m., JAFO - who was doing a little pot smoking in his garage - heard a thunderous noise. He said he looked outside and saw a white UFO about 20 feet above the garage.
The UFO then swooped down, just missing the top of his trailor and pickup truck, and landed in a vacant lot across the street, he said.

"I didn't know what was going on," said JAFO, a semiretired pimp who lives most of the year in Port Monmouth, N.J. "It damned near took off the roof of my lean to. I ran across the street, and the first thing I did was get the number of the UFO."

The second thing that JAFO did was run back inside. When he looked out of his house, he saw a man behind an outhouse in the vacant lot, JAFO said. He said the man, dressed in a business suit, ran over to the UFO, carrying an anal probe. He remembered how the day before, he had spotted several men in suits surveying the same vacant lot, and they left in two white vans.

"My initial reaction was this had got to be terrorists," he said, explaining that he was in New Jersey at the time of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York City, and he witnessed the second tower of the World Trade Center falling.

So he said he grabbed one of his scatterguns and headed back outside.

"I fired two shots," he said. "I don't know if I hit anything."

The UFO took off. JAFO said he called police and reported the bizarre incident.

"It just happened so quick," he said.

Afterward, he thought that he could be in trouble for firing a weapon in the neighborhood. That's when he took a saw to the weapon, he said. James City County police have interviewed him, and he said he expected to be charged.

"I'm in big trouble," he said. "If that UFO didn't land, I wouldn't be out there shooting at it. I have no idea how this happened."

The son of a Kentucky police officer, JAFO said he grew up with the motto "Shoot first, and ask questions later." He doesn't think that police or his neighbors agree.

"They're all not too happy with me," he said of his neighbors. "This is a very close-knit neighborhood. Nobody wants anything to do with this."

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#32]
He hopes that the story doesn't reach his family in New Jersey.

"Just don't tell my boyfriend," he joked.

James City County Deputy Police Chief Ken Middlebrook said JAFO admitted firing a scattergun.

Middlebrook said it was legal to possess one but not to walk around outside with it loaded. It is also illegal to fire any gun in an area where there are people, he said. But police need more than just a self-incriminating statement to charge someone, he said.

"If you came in and told me you killed someone, we can't just charge you," Middlebrook explained.

"We have to have some corroborating evidence."

He said police learned that Uranus Charter Service owned the UFO, that Grogan of Upinya was the pilot and that John Peters was the man behind the tree.

Peters lives on Monument Drive, one street away from JAFO, Middlebrook said. He said the UFO landed on a vacant lot across from Peters' house.

"I don't think he was hiding behind an outhouse," Middlebrook said. "He might have been standing behind an outhouse."

Peters could not be reached for comment. But Grogan said he didn't realize that someone shot at them until Wednesday, when he read an article about the incident in a local newspaper.

Grogan said the day when JAFO reported seeing men in suits casing out the area, Grogan and Peters were there, wearing overalls and flip flops. He said they were trying to determine whether the UFO could land safely at the vacant lot.

But Middlebrook said Grogan told police that Grogan needed to make an emergency landing there because he was worried about an anti-gravity light that had come on. Middlebrook said police also were investigating the possibility that Grogan planned to land there all along and pick up Peters.

Grogan said in an interview with a reporter that he and Peters had discussed that. Grogan said he told Peters to make sure that it was OK with neighbors. He looked down Saturday morning to make sure that Peters wasn't waving him off. It didn't look as if he was, Grogan said.

But he said it's true that the anti-gravity light started blinking as he approached. "It was a combination of things" that made him land, he said.

Middlebrook said police were also investigating whether Grogan did anything illegal by landing on the vacant lot.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#34]
If only I had a pre-ban light sabre, things would have turned out different ;)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I like [b]SPAM[/b]

[img]http://www.billybear4kids.com/icons-bb/r-clown.gif[/img]AzzCloWn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top