Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 2:04:09 PM EDT
Alright, so my gf, by best buddy and his chick went out to see 8-legged freaks last night.  We had high expectations based on the reviews that we read as well as what we generally thought the movie to be.  

I expected a cooler version of Tremors, which I enjoyed and I still like!  Instead, we were "treated" to the worst movie I've seen in the theatres in a long long looooonnnnng time.  The acting sucked, the script was even worse but the only redeeming factor which made it viewable was that the CG was decent.

Then we decided that since we were all gyped out of close to two hours of our lives with this horrible horror flik, that we'd jump into the next theatre on the way out and see the new Halloween movie.  Someone else posted their opinions last week, but to compare the two movies back to back......it would seem that Busta Rhymes gave an Academy Award winning performance.  I hope that puts 8-Legged in perspective!

Don't feel too bad for me though, my GF gets tickets for every movie for free, so there was no money out of pocket, except for the $4 small bucket of popcorn!

DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!  It'll leave you 5 IQ points stupider! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
funny, i was watching a 50's(?) movie about this giant Tarantula couple nights ago, which was plenty scary when i was a kid. cant be any worse than that could it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw (most) of it yesterday. I left 20 minutes into the movie it was SOOOOOO bad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
DUH! [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything with David Arquette in it is bound to be a train wreck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
that sucks, I thought it looked good and I wanted to see it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DUH! [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Roger Ebert liked it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Roger Ebert liked it.
View Quote
Compared to MiBII

Sometimes even Roger is wrong.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I already knew it sucked from seeing the preview commercial on TV.

Especially from that one scene where the guy is jumping his motorcycle and one of the spiders jumps after him, and the dude throws out his leg and kicks away this spider, - which is about the same size as the guy and bike combined, by the way - and the spider goes flying backwards while the dude on the bike doesn't move a millimeter while still sailing through the air.

Basically speaking, if they don't represent the laws of physics correctly you can bet it'll suck at least a little bit!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roger Ebert liked it.
View Quote
Compared to MiBII

Sometimes even Roger is wrong.

View Quote

Both of them sucked. MIBII was expecially TERRIBLE!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Who cares?  I'll go just to see Kari Wuhrer.  What a babe!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Go see [u]Road to Perdition[/u].  That is worth the time.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Roger Ebert liked it.
View Quote

Does that mean brain cancer is contageous?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roger Ebert liked it.
View Quote

Does that mean brain cancer is contageous?
View Quote

Definately.  This movie was THE WORST i've ever seen.  This means that it is horrible just for a couple laughs also.  There is nothing redeeming about it.  I hope the production company loses money on this piece of shit, its the only way I'll feel good about having wasted brain cells watching it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
...coming to video in September 2002...
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, I already knew it sucked from seeing the preview commercial on TV.

Especially from that one scene where the guy is jumping his motorcycle and one of the spiders jumps after him, and the dude throws out his leg and kicks away this spider, - which is about the same size as the guy and bike combined, by the way - and the spider goes flying backwards while the dude on the bike doesn't move a millimeter while still sailing through the air.

Basically speaking, if they don't represent the laws of physics correctly you can bet it'll suck at least a little bit!
View Quote

No kidding, anymovie with dirtbikes SUCKS!!
Especially when the badguys ride dirtbikes.

I was really enjoying AI untill the dirtbike scene.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know, I think I will go see the movie anyways. Sometimes I just need to see a really bad movie, makes me appreciate the good ones even more. Last bad one I saw was "Jason X"  what more needs be said?

Besides, the 'lil lady is scared to DEATH of all arachnids so I think it will be a date movie [devil]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't know, I think I will go see the movie anyways. Sometimes I just need to see a really bad movie, makes me appreciate the good ones even more. Last bad one I saw was "Jason X"  what more needs be said?

Besides, the 'lil lady is scared to DEATH of all arachnids so I think it will be a date movie [devil]
View Quote

Atleast try to sneek in!  I'd feel bad having started this thread and having BUILT interest in this D- flick.  Please, save your money...do it for your brain cells!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top