Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 12:11:01 PM EDT

[url]http://www.timetravelfund.com/[/url]

Wanna Live forever?  Here's an intriguing idea

What do you have to loose?  [:)]

Edited to add.. I am in no way affiliated with the above company...

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
ya but could you get the funds out of the bank and go back in time with them?  so then you would be rich in the past! hummmmm

Now, think about this.  If i go back in time, and kill someone (i dont know), then i go back in time and stop myself from killing that person, have i made a murder?

or if i went back in time and killed a guy, and then went back intime again and had to kill myself to stop what happend, am i dead?  but if i killed myself in the past, then i havent been born yet.  so when the timeline catches up, i will be born and go through life.  without dying.  riiight?  [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
ya but could you get the funds out of the bank and go back in time with them? so then you would be rich in the past! hummmmm

Now, think about this. If i go back in time, and kill someone (i dont know), then i go back in time and stop myself from killing that person, have i made a murder?

or if i went back in time and killed a guy, and then went back intime again and had to kill myself to stop what happend, am i dead? but if i killed myself in the past, then i havent been born yet. so when the timeline catches up, i will be born and go through life. without dying. riiight?
View Quote

I don't know B_B, I think Citabria7GCBC and Batman need to get together.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134117[/url]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Wasn't this a Twilight Zone episode ?

[whacko]

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
OK. So I give these guys $10.00 and specify a date for pickup. If I am not gone by that date I want my money back plus accrued interest. If I get picked up, cool. If I am still here then they failed on their end, for whatever reason, to provide what was offered. Right? Or is that just too logical?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Naw man, that would be a time travel paradox, and the atoms that make up your being would be sucked into a wormhole and permanently deposited in the twilight zone... or was that an alternative universe??? [>:/] I don't remember... It's been a long time since my days at the space cadet academy. [whacko]
View Quote

say you were put in a alternate universe.  if you recreate the events exactly in that universe, would it send you back to your universe?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK. So I give these guys $10.00 and specify a date for pickup. If I am not gone by that date I want my money back plus accrued interest. If I get picked up, cool. If I am still here then they failed on their end, for whatever reason, to provide what was offered. Right? Or is that just too logical?
View Quote

think about this...  if someone goes back and forth through time, then the timeline has already been established.  so how do we know that a future timeline has not already been eastablished?  so, if it were established, then cant some one come get you soon as you pay the 10 bucks?  and if they dont, then sue for false advertising.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Exactly my point! The moment I put payment in the mail should be soon enough. I should disappear right at the mailbox if that is the time I specify.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
That's f***ing hilarious[:D]  Why didn't I think of that.

The sad part is, there are people out there that will believe it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Stepped-init
Yes, they robbed a bank and then sealed themselves in glass "caskets" in a cave in the desert somewhere. When they woke, a couple of them were dead and the gold they, I think stole, was not worth anything. The last one died trying to barter gold for water.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Citabria, you are a [i]Dramatis Personae[/i] in some malevalent giant's nightmare.
Think about it.
View Quote

was that Latin?  Dramatic person?   WTH was it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Time is not really anything you can actually manipulate. It is just a definition of the measurement of the interval between events.

Furthermore, all the evidence of the physical universe leads us to conclude that the arrow of time only points in the forward direction.

Sorry Guys.

Sorry about "antigravity" also. Not gonna happen either.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn't Ben Franklin do something like this in his will?  IIRC...he left 1 pound sterling per year to 3 different cities, with instructions that they couldn't touch it for 200 years.  Seems to me it came out to almost $3,000,000.

Gonna have to find a link to it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
[url]http://www.cs.appstate.edu/~sjg/class/1010/wc/finance/benfreadings.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Time is not really anything you can actually manipulate. It is just a definition of the measurement of the interval between events.

Furthermore, all the evidence of the physical universe leads us to conclude that the arrow of time only points in the forward direction.

Sorry Guys.

Sorry about "antigravity" also. Not gonna happen either.
View Quote

Heh heh. Nope. We have already created a temporal paradox several times right here on earth in a lab. They now have the capacity to send data at +C velocity, so that data typed will appear on the screen befiore it is typed. It is only a microsecond before, but hey man, gotta start somewhere. Also they are finding that if you get small enough time may reverse  for nanoscopic machinery. Lastly, there are some guys making, if not antigravity, then something darned similar. The craft they make rise right up in charged field, and the next step is to build a large model with an onboard powerplant.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heh heh. Nope. We have already created a temporal paradox several times right here on earth in a lab. They now have the capacity to send data at +C velocity, so that data typed will appear on the screen befiore it is typed.
View Quote
Post a link to the article or magazine. This lab experiment and results has undergone peer review, correct?? Gee, we wouldn't want to go off on a tangent, like [i]cold fusion[/i] would we? [:P]
Lastly, there are some guys making, if not antigravity, then something darned similar. The craft they make rise right up in charged field, and the next step is to build a large model with an onboard powerplant.
View Quote

Darned similar is not [i]even close[/i] to "antigravity" Gravity is not a particle, not a charged field, it is a dimple in space caused by mass.

I think what we have here is "popular science!"
Not to be confused with the realities and constraints of the physical universe!  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

think about this...  if someone goes back and forth through time, then the timeline has already been established.  so how do we know that a future timeline has not already been eastablished?  so, if it were established, then cant some one come get you soon as you pay the 10 bucks?  and if they dont, then sue for false advertising.
View Quote

Didn't your mom tell you not to huff the white out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top