Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 5:51:52 PM EDT
on my PC when i open some web pages, the photos have a red X in them and it wont open the picture. even when i right click and push "show picture" it doesnt do anything. how do i fix this!!!!!?????????   thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
it is still on the server, cuz its on all of the e-bay photos when i try to pull it up.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Follow this diagram:

[red][size=4]X[/size=4][/red]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Follow this diagram:

[red][size=4]X[/size=4][/red]
View Quote

ya it looks like this except with white border and on some photos like on e-bay (most of them) it shows this instead of the photo
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[img]don'tbothertryingtofixthis[/img]
View Quote

yes exactly this is it!  how do i fix it
?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I code web pages for a living. When someone visits a web page and he gets an X like you describe it could be several things wrong. First thing is that the code that tells the page to display the picture is wrong. Often times the HTML code is comething like c:\images\picturename.  What this means is the person coded a web site to show a picture that's on his own hard drive. It won't work. Other miscoding is also possible with the same results. Sometimes the image is uploaded to the web site fine, but it's still not in the location the code says it should be. Same results. Second reason for the X is the image is damaged.So it won't load..etc. Even something as simple as a misspelling can cause it. For example, picture.jpg is the real name of the image, but the coder typed in Picture.JPG. Sometimes this causes problems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top