Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:17:47 AM EDT
Detroit to be hit by flesh and brain-eating zombie apocalypse (but only if live-action terror theme park plan is pushed through)
Derelict areas of Detroit face being taken over by hordes of 'flesh and brain-eating zombies' if an ambitious business plan takes off.

Entrepreneur Mark Siwak wants to create live-action terror theme park 'Z World' on Motor City's run-down and abandoned streets.

Customers would pay to be chased by professional actors and try to seek shelter in ghostly homes, factories and businesses.

Siwak said it would breathe fresh life into the rundown city, giving jobs to hundreds, if not thousands, of people.

But critics say it is an 'exploitative and insensitive ploy' to profit from Detroit's problems.

Curbed Detroit blogger Sarah Cox said the plan 'sounds a lot like all that fun we had during the 1960s race riots'.

She added: 'It's nice to know  Z Land is finally going to capitalise on our love of adrenaline rushes and nostalgia. Now even visitors from the 'burbs can 'wonder if they will make it through the night.'

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It'd be more fun with live ammo
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Why bother with the walls and shit, just set up a booth on any road leading into Detroit, charge $10 a carload and hand them a map with biohazard emblems stamped on it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why bother with the walls and shit, just set up a booth on any road leading into Detroit, charge $10 a carload and hand them a map with biohazard emblems stamped on it.

Trying to charge for what people will see for free on the way to the park does seem like a poor business model, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]
If we had simunitions or similar, and I could rock my own personal bug out vehicle, I'd totally have a groomsman party there.

You and 10 of your best buddies, 11k rounds of simunitions, a deuce and a half with some extended range gas tanks, and a kick ass sound system, and a tapped keg strapped down in the back. Roll around terrorizing the tourists and wasting zombies.

I would happily drop a grand for 5 hours of this.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Hilarious....someone finally wants to open a business in that shithole and the only thing the locals can do is bitch.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like the overhead would be low, just hand out bath salts to the locals and charge people to go inside.

Interesting...
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#9]
rather ghey, can't fight back. no cans of beans and no way you can snipe noobs for loots.

Ill stick to DayZ my self..

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to charge for what people will see for free on the way to the park does seem like a poor business model, doesn't it?

Bahahahahahhahaha
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we bring our gun?

Seriously though, they are going to have a hell of a crime problem INSIDE the wall.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#12]
"Come to Detroit, get killed."
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
But critics say it is an 'exploitative and insensitive ploy' to profit from Detroit's problems.  

Worked for the UAW, should work again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Not enough parking, should be a airsoft park. Would probably be pretty boring because people would realize how easy it is to kill zombies (slow movers).
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Can I bring my AR, gear and my PX4?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#16]
1.  Airdrop bath salt packages into Detroit.
2.  Put tourists in Detroit.
3.  ???
4.  Profit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hilarious....someone finally wants to open a business in that shithole and the only thing the locals can do is bitch.

This.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

so how would you know when you actually shoot a real zombie or an innocent bystander? or does it matter?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so how would you know when you actually shoot a real zombie or an innocent bystander? or does it matter?

Orange vests for paying customers.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good idea on paper.  Too bad what will happen is the local thugs will invade the area and play a game of "beat the crackers" while robbing them.  I lived in Detroit for 5 years.  There is no way in hell you will get me running into abandonded buildings in the part of town this will take place in.  Hell just walking down the sidewalk in that area is asking for a beating.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Insert Full Metal Jacket M60 helicopter gunner quote*
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#22]
We (Arfcom) discussed ubran safaris in Detroit quite a while ago.  Build a fort, fly people in, make day trips in armored vehicles, etc.  Could even find some friendlies to sell trinkets and souvenirs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Seriously though, they are going to have a hell of a crime problem INSIDE the wall.

That's the very first thing I thought of.....

The locals would hunt the tourists.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Is it like laser tag?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Set up an airsoft zone and I'm in.

Leave the live fire zone for the rest of the city once the guests have been warmed up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#28]
What could go wrong?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self regulation would allow for a black market of live ammunition and weaponry within the constraints of the properrty.  Much the same as an illicit pharmaceutical economy exists within prisons.  Problem solved.

ETA: The locals who legitimately work there would smuggle the armory inside, and upsell to the customer.  This coupled to the "undesirable elements" who are ther illegitimately, create a unique park experience you don't find on the brochure.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Can you imagine what they'll make from the Airsoft/PBall guys who will rent the whole place out to do scenarios and training?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self regulation would allow for a black market of live ammunition and weaponry within the constraints of the properrty.  Much the same as an illicit pharmaceutical economy exists within prisons.  Problem solved.

ETA: The locals who legitimately work there would smuggle the armory inside, and upsell to the customer.  This coupled to the "undesirable elements" who are ther illegitimately, create a unique park experience you don't find on the brochure.

Dude,

I don't know who you are.......but I wanna party with you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I think you should have to do bathsalts before you enter.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude,

I don't know who you are.......but I wanna party with you.

I'm trying to get an internship with thier marketing dept.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Hand out the paintball guns and let's do this!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

First post and all that
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Great, you park go into this Zombie place enjoy a day only to come out and have your car broken into or stolen.

Fuck Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones who don't run are zombies.  The ones that do run, are zombies who haven't "turned" yet.

[adapted from]  "Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good idea on paper.  Too bad what will happen is the local thugs will invade the area and play a game of "beat the crackers" while robbing them.  I lived in Detroit for 5 years.  There is no way in hell you will get me running into abandonded buildings in the part of town this will take place in.  Hell just walking down the sidewalk in that area is asking for a beating.

Hence the need for "LIVE" ammo.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Too late, the Mad Max theme park took over a long time ago.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#42]
They already have it for free.  It is located in Detroit and today it is called...

TUESDAY.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Airsoft would complete it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would do it, but I would cc my g19 and a few extra mags.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears they stole their Idea from the Battle for Hue:

And just as back then, a liberal will spout some BS and shut the whole damn thing down.

Ed
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If we had simunitions or similar, and I could rock my own personal bug out vehicle, I'd totally have a groomsman party there.

You and 10 of your best buddies, 11k rounds of simunitions, a deuce and a half with some extended range gas tanks, and a kick ass sound system, and a tapped keg strapped down in the back. Roll around terrorizing the tourists and wasting zombies.

I would happily drop a grand for 5 hours of this.

11k rounds of simunitions cost significantly more than 1k.

Just tossing that out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top