Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 12:31:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought the mid-sized Tanto (MIL model) about 18 months ago.  I carry it every day.  So far, I've only used it to open boxes.  But it's always there clipped into my pocket.  Great knife and HELLA COOL looking, at that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a Coldsteel Recon 1, GREAT knife, holds an edge like you wouldn't believe!
Have a great time when i go on business trips to Kalifornia and pull it out to open something!
Had 15 people (was teaching a class and needed to open a box) stop in their tracks one day and look at me with their mouths open! They couldn't believe I had it ON me, one of them was pretty sure it was illegal! The reaction was priceless, Kalifornia really is another country.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Truly a sweet knife, and the AR15.com logo makes it that much sweeter.....  I'll try to post a pic of the logo on the blade once I get home later tonight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Which way does the pocket clip run? Is it fixed at the butt end or the blade end?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...today I went to a customer's house for an inspection and found out he was an FFL dealer and also sold knives. I was telling him about the one above and how I planned on getting the M16-14LE.

What a surprise! He had them right there! We did an even trade for one and I'm going back next week to install a couple of caps and a minor repair and he's going to give me the M16-14M (the green one) in trade!
View Quote

I have an M16-13. Great knives. Have to keep the pivot screw snug though. Mine opened up once due to my general movement and ruined a good pair of jeans.

Before you finish up your work with the FFL, I hope you befriend the guy enough that he'll gladly act as a non-profit transfer FFL for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a M16-12LE SRT that I bought this last year. It's got the shorter blade but I think it's a little more usefull that the big blade. Personal preference prevails in that area. It's a great knife and I use it every day and it holds a good edge too. This is the first tanto pointed knife I have ever owned and I really like it.You should see the look on peoples faces when I snap it open at Arbys to cut a sandwich in half![shock] LOL Course I wear a uniform and a gun so I don't think I freak them out too bad. They usually ask if it's a switch blade or they say "I thought switchblades were illegal".LOL There is a new one out by Gerber that looks really nice with a tanto blade that I may pick up when I see one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
In Idaho we can have fully mechanized knives.  Switch or stileto.  Have my eye on one.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
So, Who's got the best price on these? I've been wanting to buy/try one out for some time now.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one just like yours, Sweep [:D]

I have a friend that's a knife dealer, so I got it at about his cost... $35 [bounce]
View Quote

Man if you got a M16-14LE for $35 you gotta ask your bud who he buys from and pass that on to me!!! [red][b]That is way below my cost![/b][/red] I normally sell those at $57.49 and that's without a big mark-up. Heck that's not much more that the cost of a M16-14Z.

Share the wealth (of knowledge)...

Jake
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.. Great knife. Silky smooth and and opens fast with that carson flipper. And I got the AR15.com version too!!! Nya nya!![:D]

[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/toaster%2Far15folder%2Ejpg[/img]

-T.

Edited cuz I kant speel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an M-16-10F that I like.  The fit and finish aren't what I had hoped they would be, but I fixed that up myself.  The blade is very sturdy (similar to most CRKT knives).  The F models use a higher grade of steel and holds an edge fairly well.  It weighs nothing and is a good compromise between functional size and comfortable carry.  I recently acquired a CRKT S-2 for my father.  That is a cool knife.  I wish that CRKT would make a frame lock titanium knife with a 3 1/4" tanto blade.  I'd buy an small sebenza if I had the dough...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have an M-16-10F that I like.  The fit and finish aren't what I had hoped they would be, but I fixed that up myself.  The blade is very sturdy (similar to most CRKT knives).  The F models use a higher grade of steel and holds an edge fairly well.  It weighs nothing and is a good compromise between functional size and comfortable carry.  I recently acquired a CRKT S-2 for my father.  That is a cool knife.  I wish that CRKT would make a frame lock titanium knife with a 3 1/4" tanto blade.  I'd buy an small sebenza if I had the dough...
View Quote

In my opinion it wont be long until we see the M16-00 & 10 in ti. The 14T is already out there....

Jake
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's mine. Sorry for the pic quality - I just got this new digital camera, and it's complicated, even for a ramblin' wreck! [:D]
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~joeloftus/shared/crkt1sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
as promised....

[img]members.cox.net/wbarnett12/hat&knife.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]
M16-12Z for me, $40 delivered from [url]www.1sks.com[/url] (No, not that kinda SKS, it stands for 1 Stop Knife Shop).  Definitely getting my GF one of these for her birthday.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I like automatic knives or the Ken Onion series assisted openers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#21]
My Kershaw Scallion was my favorite knife until it opened in my pocket putting a cute gouge in my leg.  The situation was under extreme circumstances.  The one time it opened in my pocket was when I felt down some stairs.  The Ken Onion designs are cool, but I think they should be revised to incorporate some sort easy to operate button which locks them closed.  If it was well placed and designed it would not slow the opening process at all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My Kershaw Scallion was my favorite knife until it opened in my pocket putting a cute gouge in my leg.  The situation was under extreme circumstances.  The one time it opened in my pocket was when I felt down some stairs.  The Ken Onion designs are cool, but I think they should be revised to incorporate some sort easy to operate button which locks them closed.  If it was well placed and designed it would not slow the opening process at all.
View Quote

Scallions do have a slide lock that keeps them from opening, its located in an odd place but with practice it is easy to disengage with the ring finger when opening.

Jake
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#23]
The new titanium model looks kinda cool too. As does the M18 series.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't have one. I carry a Benchmade or a Gerber depending where I'm going that day. I am going to order a Strider in the near future for hunting use this fall. Don't really need another knife but what the hell , it's only money. Don't worry , we'll make more !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top