Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2002 7:48:38 PM EDT
Nevermind that CNN didn't develope the story around the little girl's dissappearance in the same way they did this yellow journalistic wonder!

I hope this officer walks and we see what the Korean shopowners can do this time!  Wow, I can't believe he was indicted.  Does anyone have any info that they believe would have sustained an indictment?  Maybe I just haven't heard all of the recent developements as dictated by Al Sharpton.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/07/17/inglewood.indictment/index.html[/url]

[b]Joe Hopkins, an attorney for Jackson's family, told the Times he was skeptical of the police report. He said he believes that all four Inglewood officers at the scene "took turns" beating Jackson before the videotaping began. [/b]

Is there evidence to support this?

I hope that white bastard gets gang raped everyday he's in jail for his 7 month sentence.

Nevermind that black racism goes unnoticed, but a cop defending himself is automatically guilty (nevermind the black officers on scene).  Wow, I hate these liberal journalists for fucking our police.  AND YES, THEY ARE OUR POLICE TOO.  

NYS is now considering settling suits brought by scumbag inmates due to the publicity of this case.  Their claims are garbage, but all of us now know that anti-police ferver will be high again, which will lead to them getting something put in their hand by a sympathetically racist jury.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
An indictment on this officer was going to happen, no matter what the evidence said... The gutless wonders are too afraid of a segment of the population becoming 'upset', so the cop goes down...

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good. He deserves it.
View Quote

How about you give more than some trolling, moronic comments?  

Are you saying a cop has no right to self defense?  

Take a look at the tape, you'll see the cop and his partner react at the same second at something that piece of shit did(testicular attack).

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. He deserves it.
View Quote

You haven't been keeping up with all the testiculars of this case, have you?  
View Quote

U funny beeeeeeeeeeeee.

I think that if it was a punch in reaction to a testicular assualt and that was the whole incident, It would be reasonable to use force in that situation.

The problem is the "trunk slam" before that. I don't know everything that went into that, but it seems troubling on the tape.

A reasonably skilled DA can indict just about anyone for anything.

If they can prove he committed a crime he deserves what he gets.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
most cops I know are bullys on a seven dollar an hour power trip
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This cop is a POS,the bad thing is all the commies that will come out of the woodwork and cry raceism.

This has nothing to do with race it's the way cops act if they feel nothing will be done.
If you don't have alot of money or don't kiss the cop's butt and let him puff up his ego then it's your a$$.
What you see on that tape is the same thing that drives cops to talk crap to people they pull over,they as do the Feds think of them selves as the ruling class.

Like draymer said "power trip"

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Wonder if we have another LA riot.....  
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This is from another topic but it helps make my point on how cops look at every day Americans.

Quoted:
Uniformed LEOs generally look to the uniform to determine which team the players are on.  If you ain't on the scorecard you would run the risk of being mistaken for a member of the other team.  Same would go for non-uniformed LEOs who are unknow to the LEOs on scene.  Do what you think is right but be prepared for the consequences if something goes wrong.
View Quote

Get the hell out of the way sheep!what a nice way to look at the people you work for.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I can hear it now...
"No Justice, No Peace"

wait until they start yelling...
"No Justice, where's the police?"
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm very happy.  I'm going to have a good time celebrating this weekend! [<]:)] Pay back is a bitch!  

And yes, I hate cops.  That's just how I feel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
An indictment on this officer was going to happen, no matter what the evidence said... The gutless wonders are too afraid of a segment of the population becoming 'upset', so the cop goes down...

View Quote

Couldn't think of a better way to put it if I tried.  At the least, it will be an interesting trial to watch.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm very happy.  I'm going to have a good time celebrating this weekend! [<]:)] Pay back is a bitch!  

View Quote

Guy you live in Texas, you really need some LA cop to go down as a reason to celibrate?

Hey I'm a cop too, but you really ought to get out more often if thats what you need to have a good time. First round's on me, deal?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#17]
that's OK, I'm sure he can handle himself just fine without the cops anyhow. He probably even has an AR15 to take care of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope that white bastard gets gang raped everyday he's in jail for his 7 month sentence.
View Quote
If you're talking about the scumbag with the camera - forget it. He'll be a fucking HERO in jail.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing your:

1: Under 25yo

2: Have not respect for authority

3: A dumbass.

I agree the cop slammed the kid to hard on the hood of the car, but come on guys!!  We constantly cry out that cops should be treated like everyone else.  Yet when they are attacked and their adrenaline is flowing we then yell that they should be able to turn it off due to them held to a higher standard?  Make up your mind guys!!

I'm not saying what the cop did was right, but who here has not been in a fight where [i]after the guy was down[/i] we added in a few extra punches just because we were still pissed??

Think about it!!

Should the cop be fired, sure.  But charges?  I don't thing so, especially since the cop probably gave the damn kid more of a punishment then the courts will.  It all comes down to respect, the kid didn't respect the cops so he paid a price....rightly or wrongly the kid paid.

And if LA does burn I won't shed a tear.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. He deserves it.
View Quote

You haven't been keeping up with all the testiculars of this case, have you?  
View Quote

I'd smoke any man who comes within 2 feet of my testiculars.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#21]
there wont be any Friggin Riot
so just get that out of yer head

the cop is SCREWED!!!
he cant get a fair trial, the jury has seen the tape and is tainted by all the BS spread by the media. there is NO WAY in hell the cop is getting off.

INGLEWOOD IS A BLACK CITY, THE JURY WILL BE BLACK, THE VICTIM IS BLACK AND THE BAD GUY IS WHITE AND A COP -- CASE CLOSED ...[b]CONVICTION[/b]

the cop should Seriously
-- Quit the PD (he will be fired anyway)
--plead to a misdeamenor (he will be convicted of a felony, and do jail time)
--pay whatever fine to the victim
--leave the state, change name, grow beard

just get it over quick and clean, and dont worry about doing jail time
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#22]
That cop should lose his job. Don't prosecute him, just fire him.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can hear it now...
"No Justice, No Peace"

View Quote

I've heard both of those plenty in Cincinnati since the riots. The cops just pulled out of the neighborhood for a while. Murder rate doubled nearly overnight.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can hear it now...
"No Justice, No Peace"

View Quote

Exactly. These scum bags keep banging on the police using just a TINY bit of force in arresting people.

The day will come when no one will WANT to be a police officer, due to getting sued every time you arrest someone.

THEN these racist blacks will whine about the police not being around to protect them.

Odd thing is MOST crime BY blacks is committed against OTHER blacks. Methinks black people are being exploited by white liberals, who tell them to riot anytime a black criminal is arrested.

Funny, we didn't see their "moral outrage" in the Reginald Denny beating.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
If you're talking about the scumbag with the camera - forget it. He'll be a fucking HERO in jail.

View Quote

Hey, I don't know about you, but if I am in the joint and looking for a little "Faux-Pussy", I wouldn't be trolling for the losers, I would want a little hero-hiney.

Adds to the experience, doncha know?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hmmm, wondering if we were watching the same video.

Kid on the ground, face down, hand cuffed behind the back, a cop twice his size picks him up completely off the ground and slams him into the trunk of the car.

I don't care what happened before that. Those actions were uncalled for. Sure he had reason to be pissed off, but if you can't control your temper, you shouldn't be a cop on the street.

Did the kid grab the guy's balls? Don't know, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Guess the jury will decide that.
View Quote

Sweep, maybe we weren't watching the same video.  The one I saw was of a cop being assaulted and the cop and his partner immediately reacting to the assault.  Its self defense.  

LAGUNMAN2K, this case will have a change of venue if there's this much hostility and bad press in the area.  I'm thinking they'll move it up north.  There's also no way the wil quit or pay(!?) since the job will cover his ass vehemently since it's their financial ass also.  What would he have to gain by leaving and settling???  Father and son will want much more for the violation of their civil rights than this cop will be able to pay.  Maybe you're thinking a little too wishfully!

Nuetrino, you're an idiot, I hope you need a cop one day and he's not there.  (Maybe while you're out celebrating and someone robs you or something more plesant.)

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Come on cop haters, being slammed down on one of todays automobile hoods is like being slammed down on a air-mattress, it is a lot softer surface than his brothers in the hood would have chosen, which to me, proves that the cop is a caring and decent dude.  

Do any of you cop haters know if there there has been a legal fund set up for this cop?

I would feel honored if he would accept my donation.

I wonder what percentage the Right Rev Al from NY get's (they must not have a local) for using his race baiting muscle?

One thing that should be pointed out to cop haters, the city is mostly black, so they will be suing themselves instead of Whitey.  [@:D] HEHEHE

Silly me I forgot, they could ask their Democrat friends in their legislature to create a special law for minority cities only, where  all the white communities in the state contribute to pay for the law suit. It's only fair, because 350 years ago chains bla bla bla.  

Go Al Go, fuck dem White peoples.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
that's OK, I'm sure he can handle himself just fine without the cops anyhow. He probably even has an AR15 to take care of it.
View Quote

I know lots of cops that say this same crap but the truth is that 99% of the time all they do is clean up the mess.

I bet most cops have never stoped anything,we don't say we will take care of things on our own to sound like bad asses but due to the fact that we have to.
There are lots of people that do need the cops help but you guy are out f*ing with somebody to puff up your egos.
A buddy of mine was pulled the other day for have a tag light out,how meny people are killed due to time spent on bull shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:I agree the cop slammed the kid to hard on the hood of the car, but come on guys!! We constantly cry out
                       that cops should be treated like everyone else. Yet when they are attacked and their adrenaline is flowing
                       we then yell that they should be able to turn it off due to them held to a higher standard? Make up your
                       mind guys!!
View Quote

Come man thats crap,cops put them selves in theses spots that they need to use force to get out of.
You or I don't have the power to pull a guy out of his car and start f*ing with hims so cops can't be treated like we are.

This kid was a smart a$$ or something and this scum bag wanted to show him who the boss is,the bad part is that all cops are like that or are ok with other cop acting that way or it would not take some jag-off with a handy cam to get this crap on the news.

Anyway this idea of "self defense" is total bull sh!t! maybe the kid should cry self defense,maybe after getting slamed on the road and then the hood f a car he did nt want to be slamed again and he fighting back.
Only you can't fight back you have to let cops do what ever they want to do and take it up with a juge after if they kick the hell out of you to bad!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing your:

1: Under 25yo

2: Have not respect for authority

3: A dumbass.
View Quote

In advance: I'm 27, have a problem with authority (when it is given to people less capable and less intelligent than me), and I can be as much of a dumbass as the next guy.

I agree the cop slammed the kid to hard on the hood of the car, but come on guys!!  We constantly cry out that cops should be treated like everyone else.  Yet when they are attacked and their adrenaline is flowing we then yell that they should be able to turn it off due to them held to a higher standard?  Make up your mind guys!!
View Quote

I won't disagree with you on that, but I'd like to look at it from the other direction.  I think normal people should be treated more like cops.  If someone was hurting me and I restrained him, then slammed him into the trunk of my car when he grabbed my sac, I have little doubt that I would be looking at jail time.

I'm not saying what the cop did was right, but who here has not been in a fight where [i]after the guy was down[/i] we added in a few extra punches just because we were still pissed??

Think about it!!

Should the cop be fired, sure.  But charges?  I don't thing so, especially since the cop probably gave the damn kid more of a punishment then the courts will.  It all comes down to respect, the kid didn't respect the cops so he paid a price....rightly or wrongly the kid paid.
View Quote

Again, I can't disagree.  And if the cop doesn't face criminal charges, neither should one of us lowly civilians...

And if LA does burn I won't shed a tear.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Oh, come on, now, that's harsh.  Do you reall mean you wouldn't miss all...ok, nevermind.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Now I would never be accused of being a card-carrying member of any "law-enforcement officer's charity association," and from what I saw in that videotape the LEO was physically assaulting a handcuffed person. On the surface I have to say it looks damning and my reaction to that is the cop should pay.

Is there more to the story? Could be. I hope the truth, whatever it is, makes its presence known.

It never hurts to have law-enforcement looking over its shoulder because of incidents like these.

Too bad the feds could give a shit one way or another. They are above the law, aren't they?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You do not strike or otherwise abuse a manacled suspect.  Period.  End of line.
View Quote

Even if that suspect has a hold of your testicles, or in your case, a finger in your vagina?  Its an assault on the person, don't go and get high handed on us, you're foolish to toe this line.

I don't care what he does.  Unless he has a weapon, it's hand's off.

If you let his hands get close to your testicles after he has been restrained- then you just don't know how to secure a suspect.
View Quote

First off, you weren't there, nor do you know the particulars, so again, you're toeing a line that you shouldn't.  

The fact remains that this suspect assaulted a police officer.  Its called resisting arrest and a PO may subdue the resist by the means neccessary.  He went light on him in this case.

That's even assuming this "testicular attack" happened.  Possible, yes, but it's certainly not obvious from the video.  (I tend not to doubt it, because- believe you me- the only difference with some officer who did that to me would be that I'd still be holding one of his testicles in my clawed hand when he backed away).  Of course, I'd never misbehave in such a fashion to warrant a body slam on a car hood.
View Quote

Ok, so you're making complete sense to me now!

In the US a suspect is entitled to resist what he or she believes to be an unlawful arrest with such force as is proportional to that used by the arresting officer.
View Quote

Oh shit, here you go again with the blithering rhetoric.

Slamming that kid on the hood of a cop car- well, what else is a manacled suspect going to do to defend himself?
View Quote

DEFEND HIMSELF? What in hell are you talking about?  He was UNDER ARREST and being treated fairly before the "slamming" occured!

Please.  Talk about a one sided battle.  That kid might not be so bright, but I don't spend my time beating up on hogtied cats- even if they can scratch back if I'm not careful.
View Quote

We're on the same page here...I believe this kid was an irrational animal also.  

I also want to point something else out.  The vendetta fashion in which the individual who made the tape was pursued- that's just silly.
View Quote

He was a fugitive from justice.  You are once again clueless and your comments are pathetic.

- but the continuing maneuvers to prevent police from being the subject of civilian scrutiny (charging people who video or audiotape police encounters with illegal surveillance, police taking and breaking cameras which they are photographed with) really makes the LE community look bad.
View Quote

He wasn't merely CHARGED, he was CONVICTED!!!  Get the facts correct.

You want to clock a manacled suspect?  Be prepared to defend yourself in court- no matter what he/she did.  That's battery.  Period.
View Quote

Cops have the absolute right to defend themselves, their partners and the public.  They did so in this case.  The video taper was a convict who was wanted.  This isn't retaliation, he's a bad guy, not a hero.  

Did you see in any news reports that as they were arresting him, he was yelling police brutality and carrying on like a moron?  He's a piece of shit, clear cut and simple.  He belongs where he is.  Speaking of which, shouldn't you be tending the ammunition part of this site?  Your comments are clearly too outrageous to have been made with much knowledge of the incident.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#38]
If I were a cop in Inglewood this would cause me to reconsider the way I did my job.

In order to not offend the delicate and sensitive good citizens of Inglewood I would be sure do always do everything by the book. I would never break a traffic law while responding to a call.

I would never show up early for work and load up my car on my own time. I would never stay late or do paperwork at home (which means I would handle less calls per shift and spend most of the shift busy with paperwork and unable to answer calls).

I would handle everyone in the community like the delicate flowers they are, ensuring no gang banger, murderer, rapist, drug dealer, or parolee ever has any reason the fear the police. We are here to help you sir.

I would be so sensitive to the needs of the community that I would worry night and day about offending anyone. All that worry would cause my use of sick days to skyrocket.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In the US a suspect is entitled to resist what he or she believes to be an unlawful arrest with such force as is proportional to that used by the arresting officer.
View Quote

This is no longer the case.  The English common law right to forcibly resist one attempting to effect an illegal arrest was established almost three hundred years ago in Regina v. Tooley, 2 Ld. Raymond Rep. 1296, 1299-1301 (Q.B. 1709).  However, in most U.S. jurisdition this has been reverersed either statutorily or by the courts.  In this enlightened age, we are required to submit.

California was one of the first states to eliminate this right (See People v. Curtis, 450 P.2d 33 (Cal. 1969) and Cal. Penal Code § 834a).  Currently, the only states who have not specifically eliminated this right are Michigan, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Mississippi.  Note that all but three are in the South.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Rather than regurgiate what someone else has written, here is my source (a law review article I found with Google):

[url]http://www.boalt.org/CCLR/v2/v2hemmensnf.htm#endnote120sym[/url]

Look specifically at footnotes 126 and 127; they give case and statutory cites for each state that has eliminated the right.

Including my own.  [:(]

I edited my original post, which has some additional info before your reply hit the page.

Suprisingly, Texas has eliminated the right:
Sec. 38.03. RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
~ [b](b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful. [/b]
View Quote

WTF is up with that, Texans?  

tatjana, the statute you cite seems to be oriented towards arrests that involve excessive force, rather than whether the arrest is unlawful or not.

For California, the statute is pretty clear:
§834a Use of Force or Weapon to Resist Arrest

If a person has knowledge, or by exercise of reasonable care, should have knowledge, that he is being arrested by a peace officer, it is the duty of such person to refrain from using any force or any weapon to resist such arrest.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is no longer the case.  The English common law right to forcibly resist one attempting to effect an illegal arrest was established almost three hundred years ago in Regina v. Tooley, 2 Ld. Raymond Rep. 1296, 1299-1301 (Q.B. 1709).  However, in most U.S. jurisdition this has been reverersed either statutorily or by the courts.  In this enlightened age, we are required to submit.

California was one of the first states to eliminate this right.  It was done by statute.  Currently, the only states who have not specifically eliminated this right are Michigan, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Mississippi.  Note they all but three are in the South.
View Quote

That's too bad.

tatjana,
I certainly appreciate how you feel; I feel the same way.  I just don't think there's much we can do about it at this point.  Legislation has revolved around making LEO's jobs easier lately, at the expense of our rights, and that's a real shame.  (No offence to LEO's, of course.  I would love it if someone make my job easier!)  I've had nightmares about cops unjustly (and sometimes forcefully) arresting me since I was 5 (or could be earlier.  I can't remember back that far very well.).  I come from a law abiding family, that has always supported local LE, and I have LEO's in the family, but I've never been comfortable with how much power has been given to them.  Even as a child, I noticed that something was wrong there.  No one should be given too much power.  People naturally can't resist abusing it.  It's in our nature, and we should be aware of it, especially when making laws.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wow.

What baffles me is that the recent bar materials for Cali show different and Texas appears to have BOTH laws currently on the books, that you can, and cannot resist an unlawful or excessive force arrest.
View Quote

I think it is confusing because there are two entirely separate issues here.  Whether an arrest is lawful and whether excessive force is used are not related.  You can fight back if excessive force is used, whether the arrest is lawful or not.

Only in a few states can you resist an unlawful arrest.

I guess in those states if the arrest is unlawful [b]and[/b] excessive force is used, you can really kick ass!

Of course, resisting arrest is pragmatically a pretty bad idea in virtually any circumstance.  Not only does it lead to additional charges, but it will also usually lead to death or serious bodily injury.  But, IMHO, when the arrest is unlawful every person should have the right to make that decision for himself.

BTW, the Bad Elk case is over 100 years old, and the recent cites to the case are referring to a separate issue (misdemeanor arrests).  The ruling is based upon the common law, which has largely been repealed, and does not talk about any inaliable or constitutional right to self-defense against unlawful arrest.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You do not strike or otherwise abuse a manacled suspect.  Period.  End of line.
View Quote

Just becuase the cuffs are on does not mean the fight is over. I have trained with people that could beat mike tyson to death while wearing cuffs. I have trainers who regularly train & spare while wearing cuffs. It is beyond niave to think a cuffed person can not cause you harm.

View Quote

Every crook believes his arrest is unlawfull. Therefore by your logic it should be okay for every crook to resist arrest.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Guy you live in Texas, you really need some LA cop to go down as a reason to celibrate?

Hey I'm a cop too, but you really ought to get out more often if thats what you need to have a good time. First round's on me, deal?
View Quote

Nice slice Wave....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been a cop a long time.  Right after 911, many, many people came up to me and stated "We sure are glad you guys are around", "You guys are great",  "You guys are our heros".   yada,    yada,    yada.

I just told them "Hey thanks, but just hang on a while, some bastard that has it coming will get his ass kicked by the cops somewhere and we'll all be the bad guy again"

I guess we're there already ...

Right or wrong, the young intellect got his ass kicked by the cops because his momma and daddy (if he actually knows who they are) didn't do it for him first.

People sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.  

Hate the cops but need help ? call a crack dealer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#49]
What I'd like to know is why everyone is so eager to believe the cops excuse for punching him and throwing him into the trunk?  The ONLY evidence we have is what we saw and the ONLY thing I saw is a big-assed cop tossing around a kid in handcuffs 1/3 his size.  Kinda like a wife beater justifing his actions by saying "she made me beat her.  She didn't do what she was told."  You guys need to wake up and understand that most cops are good guys doing their job but there are MANY cops on the street who are sadistic by nature and must be elliminated when they are found out.  Like I said, if any of us who aren't cops where filmed doing the same thing we would be up on charges just like he now is.  It's a good thing.  That's why we have courts.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.  

View Quote

Exactly, cops are societys hired fists and guns. They are paid to do what other people find to be to distastfull, or are afraid to do themselves.

Most people are so afraid of conflict that they have a stress reaction to the thought of negotiating a new car purchase. Cops are paid to seek out conflict, but the public doesnt want to have to watch us do it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top