Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the ONLY thing I saw is a big-assed cop tossing around a kid in handcuffs 1/3 his size.
View Quote

I noticed no Kids in the video. I was also unable to determine the size of the cops ass from the video, but I dont have your trained eye.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It is obvious to me the kid did something to really piss the cop off. If you look at the tape the cop was cut above the eye, he didn't do that to himself, if they would just cooperate with the police in the first place that shit would never happen. A simple yes sir or no sir usally does the trick, but instead they give them a hard time and then the little scum bastards usally get what they deserve, their ass kicked.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
the ONLY thing I saw is a big-assed cop tossing around a kid in handcuffs 1/3 his size.
View Quote

I noticed no Kids in the video. I was also unable to determine the size of the cops ass from the video, but I dont have your trained eye.
View Quote

Sorry, anyone under 18 to me is a "kid".  If you can't rebut my point with a logical arguement then please refrain from saying anything at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
most cops I know are bullys on a seven dollar an hour power trip
View Quote

Make mine a $27.00 an hour power trip please.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Funny, we didn't see their "moral outrage" in the Reginald Denny beating.[rolleyes]
View Quote

Nor do you hear Al Sharptin or Maxine Waters protesting the failure of public education in inner cities, where 63% of 4th grade black students can't even read. How about teen pregnancies and STD's, not to mention drug abuse and gang violence. All these social issues are ignored by the so-called "leaders" of their community.

If Rev. Sharptin or Congresswomen Waters were to be put in a situation where they had just taken a shot to the head (the video did show blood around the cops left ear), with a non-compliant arrestee who just put the squeeze on your gonads, I think they would have reacted with even more force. Hypotheticals aside, the stress factor is something that a video can't record.

However, once in custody (i.e., handcuffed) there is little defense to the body slam on the hood of the patrol unit. From what I've heard, I don't think that was documented in their report, which was filed by his partner who is also under indictment.

FWIW, the father of this kid is suing the city of Inglewood for "unspecified damages" for emotional distress, not to mention the kids lawsuit for cruel and unusual punishment, which will probably be tried in Federal court since the FBI is now investigating this case.

As far as Neutrino's comment is concerned, why don't you ask to go for a ride-along sometime and see what these cops have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. I think it may change your opinion of them.

-- ale
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
does anyone know what the original reason for stopping the car was?

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hope this officer walks and we see what the Korean shopowners can do this time

I hope that white bastard gets gang raped everyday he's in jail for his 7 month sentence.

Their claims are garbage, but all of us now know that anti-police ferver will be high again, which will lead to them getting something put in their hand by a sympathetically racist jury.
View Quote
Content edited by Gunner1X

First of all, I'd be shocked if Morse actually does any time.
My money says probation and a hefty fine.

Second, why would you wish ill will upon the Korean shop keepers?
Is this somehow their fault now?
Maybe we should just go in and beat the crap out them for the hell of it.
That will teach them to be Korean shop owners in America, by god!

Third, there will be no riot. LA is prepared.

Fourth, why would you want the "white bastard"
(videographer) to get gang raped? Is he responsible
for Morse's actions (right or wrong)?

Fifth, why would you presume the jury will be
sympathetically racist?
Based on what? Too many white people wriggling out of jury duty?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

expired plates I think, then driving suspended....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Think, people, think.  That's not what America is about, is it?  Please tell me, someone, that I'm not insane here.
View Quote

You're not insane, the USA is just bipolar. On one hand we love our tough cop shows on TV, but when it happens in real life, we're appalled.

We've all heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right". What the cops did to the black kid may have been justified to some, but it was still wrong. Just because the kid allegedly grabbed his balls doesn't mean the cop was right to smack him.

To be honest, I think the simple lesson here is "Do as you see fit, but don't get caught."

BTW I just heard that there's new evidence by way of the station's security camera. It hasn't been released to the press.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]
So now everybody's stepping back to disengage, what does the freedom-hating segment of the LEO community think about all those surveillance cameras popping up in neighborhoods all across Ameica NOW??
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmmm.  Equestrian.  English.  Polo no less.  Riding gear is squared away.  References to class.  Obviously from money.

The Cheryl Ladd face with the private Benjamin boot camp kit has me wondering ... a little.

Tatjana, are you an attorney ?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I looked a little closer.  That helmet is not American.  European maybe ?  Maybe I have overlooked a cultural difference in attitudes towards police.  

Humanity however, is universal.

I am no proponent for abuse and have stopped over zealous cops from getting themselves indicted many times because they were running on pure adrenaline.

I hope I did not give the impression that abuse is rightful in any country.

If my posts were taken as such, then I owe Tatjana a public apology.  

Besides, I am from Texas and you just gotta love a chick on a horse.  My daughter is as much at home in the saddle as she is in her own bed.  

Give 'em hell Tatjana.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What do you do for a living Tatjana ?  

Ever watched a guy hang an infant out a door and shoot him in the back and then drop him 10 feet, head first on the concrete  ?  

Ever seen a man beg you to shoot his trapped wife who was burning up in her car and the drunk that hit her was safely thrown free from his car ? ... and when you were forced to refuse above her screams, her husband then asks to borrow your pistol and do it himself ?

Ever seen a kidnapped, raped and murdered baby that was thrown in the marsh and found only when the gators drug her up to the road ?

Ever see a two year old with fractured ribs, ruptured spleen, bruises and cigarette burns over its entire body because he wouldn't quit crying ?  Dead of course.

Want me to go on ?

Yeah, the cops over reacted.  They will pay.  Get over it.

Come back and preach to us when you've been somewhere kid.

View Quote

What was the point of this again?

Is this how cops work now?  Are they beyond approach because of the stuff they see in a career that they choose?  As far as I remembered, police work on a volunteer basis and they can quit at any time.  OR is it something that they can look forward to.  "Hey guys, I saw my fifth dead body today, I get the right to beat the stuffing out of someone."  What does what you have seen have to do with some cop hitting a punk in the face?  Or are you trying to get sympathy from us to help you win in your arguement?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

expired plates I think, then driving suspended....
View Quote

yep, reasonable
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
BkS you come across as just another badge-heavy punk.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#22]
The kids lawyer is posturing.  They would like the new American dream.  Get roughed up a little and collect 6 million.  Beats having to go a few rounds with Tyson.
Sharpton has no power with out blowing this and other things up.  He and the arian freaks get off on dividing us.  I beleive we all came from the same creator.  And we will all be judged the same.   I am aware that there are cultural differences.  But all of these guys make me sick.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.  

View Quote

Exactly, cops are societys hired fists and guns. They are paid to do what other people find to be to distastfull, or are afraid to do themselves.

Most people are so afraid of conflict that they have a stress reaction to the thought of negotiating a new car purchase. Cops are paid to seek out conflict, but the public doesnt want to have to watch us do it.
View Quote

This is just the crap I taking about,no your not bigger and badder that everybody else it just that you can get away with it.

Most people do have a  stress reaction to the low rent punks that give us so much shit on our own damn roads.
Take the damn BDUs off your not a bad ass and think about who pays your bills.

The idea that cops are in some way "over seers" make me sick.
Ask your self why people loved cops in the passed,the police where stand up guys and everybody knew it.
Why is it not this way today?is it us or you?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]
While you are sitting there, somebody is riding a beat or standing a post on your behalf.  Either in your town or overseas.  Blue or Green, they don't ask you for anything.  

... and they pay their own bills.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
While you are sitting there, somebody is riding a beat or standing a post on your behalf.  Either in your town or overseas.  Blue or Green, they don't ask you for anything.  

... and they pay their own bills.

View Quote

If it's that easy to you,your a damn fool.
Don't have any BS ideas about me I have seen they way cops are and they are NOTHING  like the men in green!

We are cattle,some times we die some time we don't some times we tell the truth and some times we don't they don't give a damn about anything other that how much paper work it will bring on.

At one time I gave the same rap as you"standing a post" bla bla.
Cops are ass holes that think they can do what ever they want.

PS:was just told about a guy that just got out of jail,was in for 3 years for killing a police officer.
The cop let a dog out to get a bad guy and the damn dog jumped this guys cat ,I geuss this was one of these butt weeds that loved his cat more that life it's self so he shot this UNKNOWN dog and killed.
And yes they really did send this poor dumb ass to jail,you can't have people doing stuff cops don't like can you[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, I read this whole thread and got really pissed off.  One thing I failed to see here, forgive me if my eyes went fuzzy and I missed it, is that this cop is INNOCENT until proven guilty.  You guys talk so much about the constitution and your rights, but seem to forget about this cops rights.  He has the same rights as anyone. America has something called due process and it seems that so many of you have failed to give this to this guy.  

Now, I agree with some on some points and some on others.

1. Someone mentioned getting stopped because they had a tag light, plate light, out.  I have found more drugs and suspended operators this way then you would imagine.  Oh yeah, I also found more than one burglar who still had his loot in the car.  But I guess we should just ignore the "minor infractions" because we have better things to do.  Police work is just that, it consists of many things big and small.  

2. A handcuffed suspect can still be very dangerous.  I think most everyone agreed with that point.  

3. Being a cop myself, I want to say that if this cop was in the wrong, which the limited amount of footage can't show for certain guilt or innocence, he should pay for what he did.  I have been present when other officers have gotten a little heavy handed.  I intervened and stopped it.  But I guess you all have me pegged to be a POS of a cop.  

I wish people could learn what this country would be like without any police for a day.  You would learn to appreciate us and what we do a little more.  The only this is that I would hate to see it happen as many many people would be hurt and killed.  And contrary to some of your beliefs, I don't want to see that happen, to anyone.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
"this cop is INNOCENT until proven guilty."

Your right, but my eyes are not fuzzy and I saw the tape.

"Someone mentioned getting stopped because they had a tag light, plate light, out. I have found more drugs and
         suspended operators this way then you would imagine."

Like you said"innocent until proven guilty"
But that dose not mean you get to stop everbody you can get away with to see what you can come up with.

Nobody want this country to total go with out cops but the way cop act 99% of the time we could happly go with out.

The many times that I have talked about this with a cop most of the time I get the same thing "so what sometimes you spack people" or "they would do it to you if the could"
Cops have no respect for the public,would you pay someone to babysit your kids if you know they don't like them?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't have any BS ideas about me I have seen they way cops are and they are NOTHING  like the men in green!

View Quote

Approximately 75% of my coworkers are former Marines. Another 5-10% came from the other sevices.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Approximately 75% of my coworkers are former Marines. Another 5-10% came from the other sevices.
View Quote

Then you should know there are no former Marines,and to fight for American's freedom and to stalk the streets like some type of over lord is not the same thing.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:20:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I would say he is lucky that he is in the USA and has these rights,you don't have any Idea of what I would do to your sorry ass if you even thought about breaking bad on me!

I'm real quiet kinda like Walter Payton,Jimmy Brown,Caussas Clay,Bob Cole ,but don't ever think for one minute that anything you might do is above my rights,or my retaliation.

Your rights end when you infringe on mine!

Be forwarned you grab my testicules  and you have grabbed the last ones you'll ever grab!

These are the laws that I was raised with,and you will find that there are many others that feel the same(excluding SillyFornia) and many there also!   So I say he was lucky only his dumb ass head got slammed!

How many Israilie boys were shot today for just flying there kites today during curfew?

The times are hard,lets all ease up a bit!

Bob  
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope this officer walks and we see what the Korean shopowners can do this time

I hope that white bastard gets gang raped everyday he's in jail for his 7 month sentence.

Their claims are garbage, but all of us now know that anti-police ferver will be high again, which will lead to them getting something put in their hand by a sympathetically racist jury.
View Quote
Content edited by Gunner1X

First of all, I'd be shocked if Morse actually does any time.
My money says probation and a hefty fine.

Second, why would you wish ill will upon the Korean shop keepers?
Is this somehow their fault now?
Maybe we should just go in and beat the crap out them for the hell of it.
That will teach them to be Korean shop owners in America, by god!

Third, there will be no riot. LA is prepared.

Fourth, why would you want the "white bastard"
(videographer) to get gang raped? Is he responsible
for Morse's actions (right or wrong)?

Fifth, why would you presume the jury will be
sympathetically racist?
Based on what? Too many white people wriggling out of jury duty?
View Quote

The only thing I'll respond to is the Korean shop owner part which you got seriously wrong. Those shopkeepers are now armed to the teeth and won't take any shit.  I hope they put down any of those racist rioters that come near their shops.  

"Lets see what they can do this time" = Lets see how they kick some ass.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear.

Tatjana obviously comes from a police state country and might have had her own ass kicked at some point.  Its obvious she doesn't like the police from the way she is posting.  She seems to think that all suspects come along willingly and subsequently STILL get their asses kicked.  

Tatjana should be our new poster child for what happens when someone succumbs to the liberal media in this country.  If someone as intelligent as her can believe all of the non-sense coming out of her mouth, we should pity her.

Did anyone see the surveilance video showing the fight between the cops and the suspects?  No?  I didn't think so.  Watch the news.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tatjana obviously comes from a police state country and might have had her own ass kicked at some point.  Its obvious she doesn't like the police from the way she is posting.  She seems to think that all suspects come along willingly and subsequently STILL get their asses kicked.  

Tatjana should be our new poster child for what happens when someone succumbs to the liberal media in this country.  If someone as intelligent as her can believe all of the non-sense coming out of her mouth, we should pity her.
View Quote

Your head is firmly implanted in your rectum and you now look f'ing stupid to folks here who know Tatjana's background.

You have some learning ahead, friend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:31:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Why is it that everytime this subject comes up, we suddenly have every Buford T. Pusser in the world start posting like a Bad-ass....once more with feeling...for all the LEO's
1. As a group,you ain't special..the high speed low drag mesh underwear does not make you superman...sooner or later you gotta take a dump just like everyone else.
2. You ain't the judge, He is going to be more peed off that me over this.
3. You ain't the law..it is in a book...you just a boy in blue.
4.When you act like a savage, be assured that somewhere, sometime it will come back to you.
5. And no more of this silly whining about "just do my job" no thanks..you volunteered..if you ya don't want be an occifer anymore, I am sure that you pillars of moral virtue and godly intelligence can find other work as CEO's

And on the subject of the lady wearing the helmet...she doesn't need it, but damn you guys really can not handle an intelligent woman can you.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#35]
picture of ballsack as a youth:

[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/img]

in the dictionary, under "jack booted thug", they should have picture of you
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Tatjana's post came across to me too, as typical liberal US BS from someone that hasn't been in an argument much less a fire fight.

I was wrong.

MY posts apparently gave the impression that I am the wrong type of cop.

That too, is wrong.

Apologies to all offended parties.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#37]
It's funny how people talk about how Morse was justified in punching the youth, because he was responding to a grab on his testicles.

What a crock.

Firstly, if anyone REALLY watched the tape you will notice that initially, the officer doesn't lift the youth and slam him on the trunk of the car.  What he does is he takes his left knee, puts it squarely between the youths legs and uses that as leverage to help lift the kid up higher and allow him to bring him onto the trunk lid with extra force.

During the time when the alleged "testicle grab" was taking place, Morse has disregarded any training he may have received regarding proper handling of a handcuffed suspect.  There is a reason officers recieve this training.  It is to prevent an attack such as this from occurring.  From the angle of the tape, it is not possible to show for certain if the actual grab did take place, but if it did, I have some questions.

Why did the officer feel that a punch to the face would cause the suspect to release his grasp, rather than securing the suspects arm and appling joint manipulation to force pain compliance?

Did the officer seek medical treatment after this was over?

Did any of the other officers witness this incident?

Other cops may stand by and defend Morse, but what he did was wrong.  Pure and simple.  He escallated the situation, and if the youth actually did grab the officer, it was probably in retalliation for the slam, or as an attempt to defend himself.  In any regard, the officer failed to follow proper technique, and he mitigated any defense he may have had.

Personally, I don't think the kid grabbed Morse.  Watching the tape, you can see Morse is frustrated from the start.  He just let the situation overwhelm him.  As for his statement about the grab, well let me just say I've seen more than a few officers falsify reports, as well as prosecutors that are willing to suborn perjury to ensure a conviction.  I have no faith left in our system.

In any regard, the prosecutor has felt that the case warranted a Grand Jury indictment, and I'm sure that he was aware of the "grab" prior to submitting the case to the Grand Jury.  The Grand Jury itself felt that the case had enough merit to justify a trial (however, that mean absolutely nothing).  Morse is simply secrewed.  His chief, his department, his city will make sure that he is convicted only because they are embarrassed and becuause they are going to have to pay this kid's family off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So now everybody's stepping back to disengage, what does the freedom-hating segment of the LEO community think about all those surveillance cameras popping up in neighborhoods all across Ameica NOW??
View Quote

2.5 Million cameras in England alone and yet they were named the Crime Capital of Europe.

2.0 Million cameras and rising in the U.S. If it doesn't stop crime what are they using them for?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which one am I though?  I should post a pic of myself as a kid, it looks like you did find a pic of me, except where the fuck do you get off saying I'm a nazi?

Tatjana's posts can be defended by herself, I don't think she needs a chauvanistic strong man to defend her, do you Tat?  Her liberalistic preachings do not tickle my fancy and I will call her on it.

Sweep, if you don't like it, well then email me and let me know what you'll do and what my offense was.

I will not apologize for the posts here, I wasn't offensive, except my borderline comment on getting her ass kicked at some point in her life by a cop, but then again, her "sensitivity" to the issue stems from somewhere and it seems that her logic and knowledge in this matter is EXTREMELY faulty.  I've seen some of her "anti-USA" comments in the past and I'm not a fan of her beliefs.  However, when it comes to ammunition, I bow in deference to her and I'll give her every ounce of respect she is owed in any ammo post.  

If you don't like what I say and how I support our police, then f*ck off, I support our law enforcement community everyday and in every way possible within my control.

A nazi I am not.  Nazi's don't believe in liberty, they believe in oppression by any means.  Those two scumbags were not being oppressed, they were being subdued.  They attacked the officers, watch the surveilance tape from the gas station.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Which one am I though?  I should post a pic of myself as a kid, it looks like you did find a pic of me, except where the fuck do you get off saying I'm a nazi?

Tatjana's posts can be defended by herself, I don't think she needs a chauvanistic strong man to defend her, do you Tat?  Her liberalistic preachings do not tickle my fancy and I will call her on it.

Sweep, if you don't like it, well then email me and let me know what you'll do and what my offense was.

I will not apologize for the posts here, I wasn't offensive, except my borderline comment on getting her ass kicked at some point in her life by a cop, but then again, her "sensitivity" to the issue stems from somewhere and it seems that her logic and knowledge in this matter is EXTREMELY faulty.  I've seen some of her "anti-USA" comments in the past and I'm not a fan of her beliefs.  However, when it comes to ammunition, I bow in deference to her and I'll give her every ounce of respect she is owed in any ammo post.  

If you don't like what I say and how I support our police, then f*ck off, I support our law enforcement community everyday and in every way possible within my control.

A nazi I am not.  Nazi's don't believe in liberty, they believe in oppression by any means.  Those two scumbags were not being oppressed, they were being subdued.  They attacked the officers, watch the surveilance tape from the gas station.

View Quote

I'm sorry, the nazi pic was the wrong one. It should have been this one:

[img]http://home.kc.rr.com/copgraphics/cartman.gif[/img]

"respect my authoritai"

the kid was defending him self from a thug
he was stopped for an expired tag? which is bs to begin with, so anything he did was in reaction to harrasment by power tripping drug warriors.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I also want to point something else out.  The vendetta fashion in which the individual who made the tape was pursued- that's just silly.
View Quote

He was a fugitive from justice.  You are once again clueless and your comments are pathetic.
View Quote

Please.  No one cared about this guy before this incident.  His file was sitting in a dusty "aged" cabinet somewhere until he committed the deadly sin of exposing some brutality.  Think the U.S. Marshals were hunting him or something?  Next thing you know, the guy is going to do all the time there is do to for his offense.  I'm fine with the fact that he's arrested, but really.  Tell me someone wasn't looking for a little payback there.  Please, try to tell me that.

View Quote

The fact is that wether he was being actively pursued or not, he called the attention of the police to himslef, and his whereabouts. That combined with the warrant(s?) = arrested. Same concept as speeding if you have a warrant out for your arrest. When you are wanted and call the attention to yourself, you go to jail.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Those two scumbags were not being oppressed, they were being subdued.  They attacked the officers, watch the surveilance tape from the gas station.
View Quote

Anyone know if this is posted on-line somewhere???
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top