Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 12:49:17 PM EDT
I was out blasting a few rounds before work this morning on some of my company's undeveloped property.
I was having a jolly ol' time when I hear "Would you please put your weapon down!?!"
The funny part was how the cops voice got a little higher pitched when he saw he was outgunned!
I immediatly put my AR down and introduced myself and told him we owned the property. He'd seen my vehicle and heard shots so he decided to investigate.
Turned out to be a nice little visit, I offered to let him shoot but he declined. He hung around and watched me for a little while. I thanked him for watching out for our property and he left.
Really nice guy!
There is nothing I hate worse than cops who are jerks! I love nothing more than cops who are human and personable!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would contact his Supervisor, and put in a good word...

Nobody ever reports the good guys!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would contact his Supervisor, and put in a good word...

Nobody ever reports the good guys!
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a great idea!

However...keep in mind that supervisors/superiors can be funny people & may not be positive on the idea of civilians owning guns.  Your nice gesture could end up causing the cop some waves.

Being nice can backfire.  Been there, done that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top