Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 7:44:55 PM EDT
Because of morons like this:
[url]seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134491380_manslaughter11m.html[/url]
[size=2]Charge filed in fatal shot through floor [/size=2]

A 41-year-old Burien man painted his face charcoal and was [red]playing with a pistol[/red] in front of his children before he shot a bullet through the floor of his apartment, killing the woman who lived below, according to King County prosecutors.

Prosecutors charged Jose Delcastillo with first-degree manslaughter yesterday, accusing him of killing 55-year-old Cleda Shepiro with a gunshot as she sat in her living room Sunday afternoon.

Delcastillo's 13-year-old daughter earlier had seen her father sitting in the family's living room, listening to music, talking to himself and playing with a .45-caliber gun, aiming it at the floor and repeatedly pulling the trigger, according to charging papers.

Delcastillo, a tile setter, had been drinking alcohol since 11 a.m., and detectives found what they think is crack cocaine on a living-room bookshelf, prosecutors say. They say his blood-alcohol level after the shooting measured between 0.10 and 0.12 percent.
View Quote

Frankly, I can't blame them.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have to agree with you on that one. God, it seems like all those murder stories have a connection with alchohol and drug abuse...its sad.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What an idiot.  Should have shoot himself instead of an innocent woman.  I guess some people are just stupid and need a good 15 to life in jail to staighten out.  What a shame

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
KBaker you really surprise me with this.

The gun did not cause anything bad here. This idiot should not have guns. That is the only truth here.

Sixty million Americans in legal possession of guns did not commit a crime today.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
DeCastillo, ia that Brazilian?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ban alcohol !!!!

no wait ..  its been done.

Ban Ilegal drugs !!!!

No wait been done also..

Ban Morons !!!!!

No wait , you'll [red]hurt thier feeling..[/red]

Ban Guns !!!!   ok..

ps
For the children !!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Relatives of the woman will sue the builder of the apartment for not using bullet resistant flooring...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Another gun death - we need more laws!

This is exactly the liberal attitude that has created the "mountain" of state and federal gun laws that we are forced to endure.

I read the article, the guy was apparently disturbed; but, allow me to ask you the following questions:

1. What gun law would have prevented this incident?

2. In view of the circumstances of this case, is there a law that you would like to propose?

3. Regardless of how you answered questions 1 and 2; how, will another law prevent accidental discharges?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top