The full and correct title is
[size=6]Armageddon II: [i]Pearl Harbor[/i][/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
....oh forget it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw that movie. It was disgustipating.[:)]

Like Roger Ebert said, all it is about is a surprise Japanese attack on an American love triangle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I was sticky too...from my own vomit :D

Alec Baldwin as Jimmy Doolittle???  Spencer Tracy is rolling in his grave!

I was especially nauseated at the end when the B-25 makes the strafing run and only the Japanese are hit.

Special effects were magnificent, but Ed Wood could've done a better job with the script.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

now I'm all sticky

it was splattering out of the tube in all directions!  Be careful.

View Quote

OK, I can interpret a whole bunch of inuendos from this but I will keep it to myself. All I am gonna say is that my imagination is currently running wild. I also want to rent a movie titled Pearl __________ (hint the last word is not Harbor)

[;)] [:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
If you get it on DVD just throw away the first CD, all the good stuff is on the second.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was sticky too...from my own vomit :D

Alec Baldwin as Jimmy Doolittle???  Spencer Tracy is rolling in his grave!
View Quote

Jimmy Doolittle is rolling in his grave. What a slap in the face to an American hero. I swear if I had been alive and of age back then, I would have sold my soul to the devil to get on that mission. They just don't make adventures like that anymore. Launching land based bombers from an aircraft carrier. Sneaking in low over the enemy's capitol city. Dropping bombs, bailing out over occupied territory. Hiding out, going under ground and getting back home to a hero's welcome. Extreme sports my ass! That's really living on the edge. They could make a movie out of that alone. Oh yeah, it was called "30 seconds over Tokyo".
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't seen Pearl Harbor yet...

Just watched Blackhawk Down on DVD last week...(Awesome gun flick)

How does PH measure up compared to BHD ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt like that movie much, the second time I saw it, the love triangle really got on my nerves quite a bit, so to make a long post short: Too much soap-opera romance, and not enough gun-scene action in my opinion. Though the attack scene was pretty sweet!![rocket][;)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't believe I got suckered in by the thread title.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol[:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you think I ended up here ?[rolleyes]

Seems I got suckered in the same way some of you did last night with my "Genetic experiment results in mutated cow " thread...

After editing out the pic link, I was bombarded with email requests for pics...

The kiddie curiousity of some of you folks kills me [:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Pearl Harbor in no way compares to Black Hawk Down.  BHD is excellent.  PH is a revisionist POS.  Notice how the Japanese 'reasons' for the attack are treated as legitimate - because of our steel and oil embargo against them.  Of course they never mention the ebargo was in response to Japanese aggression in China.  Fawning over the Japanese box office, knowing the average American knows zero history and would not notice.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
The twenty minute attack scene was marvelous, but it wasn't worth watcing 3 hours of bullshit that should never be put in a war movie.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The twenty minute attack scene was marvelous, but it wasn't worth watcing 3 hours of bullshit that should never be put in a war movie.
View Quote

Well put, CC!

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#19]
A guy I've known since kindergarten had a speaking part in that movie.  He was the sailor in the water who cheered "Yeah! P-40!" when the heroes started dogfighting the Japs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]
What kind of theatre were you in?

The only kind of theatre that has sticky stuff in i....EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW...gross =(
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#21]
now I'm all sticky

...oh, my.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Like Roger Ebert said, all it is about is a surprise Japanese attack on an American love triangle.
View Quote

And the fact there were no boobies makes it all the worse.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you ever wondered why they haven't made a movie about a love trapezoid or a love pentagon?  Just triangles.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It irritates me to no end that they cast that asshole baldwin to portray Jimmy Doolittle!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you ever wondered why they haven't made a movie about a love trapezoid or a love pentagon?  Just triangles.
View Quote

Those movies are in the back room...or so I've been told.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I saw this POS last night also.  It is without a doubt the worst movie ever X 2.  I went for a smoke after PH thinking the end was blissfully near and what do you know?  An entire Squadron of P40 pilots are suddenly trasformed into multi-engine bomber pilots to Raid Tokyo.  WoHoo!

Worst POS EVER.  I NEVER,  EVER want to hear ANY of you tell me how bad Thin Red Line is again!

This movie makes TRL look like a documentery.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Cuba Gooding JR. said he started crying during filming while he was shooting the big guns on the ship. [rolleyes]
no joke.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Basic hollywood crap....

I spent week on Oahu earlier this year....took the USS Arizona, USS Missouri, USS Bowfin, and submarine museum tour.  Also went to the old Wheeler Field, Schofield Barracks, and Punch Bowl Cemetary.

The "movie" is a total dishonor to all veterans.  Hollywood had a great opportunity to create a lasting and informative story to honor Pearl Harbor veterans....they spent all the $$$ and generated garbage.

General Doolitte portrayed by a liberal jerk, etc.  

And of course, hollywood got in a liberal slant by portraying FDR as the person who generated the idea for the Doolittle raid.

Read Gordon Prange's books such as "At Dawn We Slept" for good info the events leading up to the attack.    

And read Stinnett's book, he documents all the intelligence lapses and how certain U S government persons knew of the attack. Super read...the author really did his research...makes ya think....and when NSA finally releases all the documents, we will know the truth.

Also be sure to read Ted Lawson's book.."Thirty Seconds over Tokyo." This is basis for the movie with Spencer Tracy, June Allison, and Van Johnson.

The Doolittle biography..."I Could Never Be so Lucky Again" is excellant also.

After "pearl harbor" came out...I bought DVD copy of Tora Tora Tora.... super movie.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Hollywood failed with this cluster fuck of a movie and should be made too re-make a movie about the doolittle raid. And they could start by casting a real man to play doolittle.

Of all the real life stories that could be  and should be told by hollywood about WWII, they always choose to make fictitious bullshit!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I got the 4 disc set
for the battle scenes, and the documentaries
the love story part is lame
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]
It was a war movie?

Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top