Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2002 1:38:07 AM EDT
Below is the original story, stating the teacher planned to appeal his dismissal. I heard today on the news that he lost his appeal, and now he's out the door for good! HA! HA! HA! Fvck you, you turbanated, flag burning POS! FVCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

[size=4]Clift Fired From Teaching Job[/size=4]

[b][i]Action Follows Alleged Flag Burning[/i][/b]

[size=1]Posted: 12:23 p.m. PST November 8, 2001
Updated: 3:27 p.m. PST November 8, 2001[/size=1]

[img]images.ibsys.com/2001/0926/973655.jpg[/img]

[b]SACRAMENTO[/b] -- Kory Clift, a sixth-grade teacher at a Del Paso Heights school accused of setting fire to an American flag in his classroom, has reportedly been fired.

Clift was placed on administrative leave Sept. 18 after school officials learned about the alleged flag burning incident.

Officials said Clift used a lighter on a corner of the flag at North Avenue Elementary the day after the terrorist attacks on America.

Superintendent Carl Mack said Clift's termination was based on more than just the flag burning incident.

Clift has appealed the district's decision

[url]www.thekcrachannel.com/sac/news/localnews/stories/news-localnews-106393920011108-141115.html[/url]

Here's another link with video. Seems the POS did not have a teaching credential...Is this the legacy of Affirmative Action or did he lie and the school didn't check?

[url]www.thekcrachannel.com/sac/news/localnews/stories/news-localnews-97280020010925-160905.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
One day after 9-11??? What a total POS with no sense of decency whatsoever.

That's inappropriate to be doing in a public gradeschool. You need to get a teaching position in a public university. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
A POS, definately.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Affirmative Action for sure.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised the ACLU, AI and a couple other 'organizations' haven't run to this guys support... not that I care, as it's too bad he didn't burn with it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#8]
If he really has that urge to desecrate an American flag, why not wrap it around his head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#9]
oneshot.....

Did you watch the video??

Did you notice that the parent that went to the district to complain was Black??

Did you notice that he was not wearing a suit and tie?

Looks to me like he lives in the same area as the school ( which looks like hell from the pic)

It looked to me like he was very well spoken and patriotic.  Not exactly the sort of person you describe.  

I do not doubt that MANY such people as you have had problems with do exist and are a$$holes...however NOT all it would appear.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top