Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 6:54:57 AM EDT
This guy sounds GREAT!

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=514&e=5&cid=514&u=/ap/20020709/ap_on_go_co/surgeon_general_5[/url]

Remember the Klinton days?
Remember Joycelyn Elders?

YUCK!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]In 1999, Carmona spotted one driver assaulting another after a car accident and intervened.
Shot at, Carmona fired back and — as the administration tells it — tried to stanch the man's ultimately fatal wound.
The man, who was mentally ill, turned out to have been a murder suspect who had stabbed his father to death that day.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I urge everybody to contact their representitives and encourage them to vote for this guy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
This guys a HERO in my book. Why in the hell would you try to save a deserving asshole that you just had to ventilate ? And he did the right thing by reloading to make sure the perp can't hurt anyone else. Jeese, the media REALLY SUCKS.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
From Putman's letter to Sen Kennedy, referring to the incident where [u]Sheriff[/u] Carmona came to the aid of a motorist and returned fire at the attacker, killing him:

"Whatever the precise circumstances of that encounter ... it is patently clear that Sheriff Carmona ... not Dr. Carmona was at center stage in that emergency. [b]Could not a physician have recognized the behavior of a mentally ill individual and responded in kind?"[/b] he wrote.

How in the dickens would a physician have responded to someone shooting at him?

Told him to lie down and loosen his clothing?

Eric The('DoesThisHurt'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Kalifornia state senator Don Perata also has a concealed weapon permit and carries a Beretta 92fs! He kicks ass and deserves the support of all gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kalifornia state senator Don Perata also has a concealed weapon permit and carries a Beretta 92fs! He kicks ass and deserves the support of all gun owners.
View Quote

Just be carefull.  Dianne Feinstein ALSO has a handgun permit.  So does former CT governer Lowell Weicker.

There was also a published photograph of Charles Schumer shooting a Tec-9 and grinning like a fool.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, but with a 5-cent per bullet tax, I'm sure he refrains from shooting it. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top