Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 12:25:47 PM EDT
Everyone always talks about when SHTF.

What is YOUR idea of SHTF?

I believe that we are not in danger of a hostile foreign army (not talking terrorists here) getting close enough that you would be LUCKY to draw a bead on him.

We may "someday" be in danger a "One World Government" oppressing us, but that is AFTER they have disarmed the "common people".

My SHTF mainly concerns our government not being able to afford WELFARE. What happens when 20,000,000 gang members cannot afford food? After they loot the grocery stores, they come to your house looking for it.

This is just ONE of many possibilities.

What's your opinion?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If I buy one more firearm without first telling my wife, the S will definitely HTF.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is just one example.

Scenario:

Muslim extremists sneak a nuke into the United States.  They detonate the device in some city and threaten to do it again if their demands are not met.
Millions flee the major cities and flood the countryside.  With no money or food, the gangs begin to steal from their own neighbors (they do already).  If that were to happen everyone would be on their own as far as protecting family and property.
The same thing would happen if we had a major depression or economic collapse.
Also, and maybe more of a possibility, a real SHTF situation would occur if Al Gore gets elected president.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The scenerios are endless.
from race wars to economic collapse to political anarchy to natural or man caused disasters.  Time frames too are endless.  SHTF scenerios could last a few days to a few years or longer.

Could be something as simple as a prolonged power outage in urban areas.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi there. Welcome to AR15.Com. The "Search" function is your friend. Thank you for playing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Scenario:

Muslim extremists sneak a nuke into the United States.  
View Quote

I would hazard a guess, that if a thermonuclear weapon was detonated in an act of war, our economy will fall fast into a depression. It wouldnt matter who launched or where they were being used.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi there. Welcome to AR15.Com. The "Search" function is your friend. Thank you for playing.
View Quote

I just wanted to see what your ACTUAL ideas are.  Kinda bored with just seeing "SHTF" and inserting my own ideas.

Thanks for your concern.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scenario:

Muslim extremists sneak a nuke into the United States.  
View Quote

I would hazard a guess, that if a thermonuclear weapon was detonated in an act of war, our economy will fall fast into a depression. It wouldnt matter who launched or where they were being used.
View Quote

I agree, it would have a major impact, but it wouldn't bring us down.   Our economic tits are still dragging from 9/11.

But think about this:  such an event would have a [B][U]MAJOR[/B][/U] unifying and mobilizing effect in out society.   You WOULD see people going on witch-hunts.  You would NOT want to even slightly look middle-eastern.  

We MIGHT actually see INS get their asses kicked into an organization that actually checks people and tracks them down when they've overstayed, and kicks their butts out.  

Oh yeah, there would be a LOT less international travel. That sounds kinda good to me, but it would not a good time to be owning airline stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a new car radio and installed it

[img]http://www.audioonlineoutlet.com/jvcpics99/ksf110.jpg[/img]

to replace the one stolen from my car a few weeks ago.

[img]http://www.chapaudio.cybercities.com/kenwood/KDC-3011.jpg[/img].

If that one disappears, the S will definetely HTF.

[dracula]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just wanted to see what your ACTUAL ideas are.  Kinda bored with just seeing "SHTF" and inserting my own ideas.

Thanks for your concern.
View Quote

You're welcome. Folks have been asking, "What is SHTF to you?" since there was a General Discussion Forum. If you used the Search feature like I suggested instead of blowing me off, you'd see hundreds of answers to your exact question.

A few examples, for your edification:

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=119829]What the Fu*k is SHTF scenerio???[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=114845]SHTF Scenarios[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=84829]SHTF while on the road? [/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104508]What is the SHTF scenario??[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=92039]Is SHTF real, or just a bunch of BS?[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85155]Moral question related to SHTF[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85197]What is SHTF[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75574]How will the SHTF?[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68355]Have you changed your mind about SHTF?[/url]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=57877]Has the SHTF already started[/url]

Again, thank you for playing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just bought a new car radio and installed it

[img]http://www.audioonlineoutlet.com/jvcpics99/ksf110.jpg[/img]

[dracula]
View Quote

So from the picture, it appears that you listen to "POP", "SOFT", OR "BEAT"

BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey! Nothing better than some "Soft Beat" for those long cross-country rides. While I was out shopping, I also got new wardrobe.

[img]http://www.partypants.fsnet.co.uk/70sfemale/fd-abba-black.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#13]
If I threw a turd from my dog into a fan = SHTF

If everone was to use the SEARCH option there would not be much reason to use this discussion forum.

Then I would have no reason to sit here all day and answer peoples topics.

Then I would really have to do somthing like mow or weed!!!

Then S would really be Hitting TF !!!!

[thinking]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey! Nothing better than some "Soft Beat" for those long cross-country rides. While I was out shopping, I also got new wardrobe.

[img]http://www.partypants.fsnet.co.uk/70sfemale/fd-abba-black.jpg[/img]
View Quote

I KNEW there was a reason I stopped hitch-hiking...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably what will happen IMHO is that the UN will send troops into the US to "help" us with our terrorist problem, drug problem, fallout from dirty bomb problem. Take your pick. When I have to show some papers to a blue beret to go from point A to point B, there will be some S on the F. I don't mind an unarmed blue beret filling sandbags to help with a huricane or helping to build a bridge over the Mississippi because some shitbird terrorist blasted it. But if I see one toting arn, thats his/her ass. Game over mothafucka!

We set ourselves up for the UN to send "help" by going along with them everytime an alleged need arose anywhere in the world. When they come here without invitation what will YOU do?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is YOUR idea of SHTF?

View Quote

Rather than speculate, I will cite actual examples of SHTF:
1. The American Revolution
2. The War between the states.
3. WW2
4. Somalia
5. Serejevo / Balkans

Ps
But it could never happen here.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
We dont the boys in blue berets filling sandbags neither.

We should not want them here any no reason at all.

We can fill our own sandbags!!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Right you are!  The real pity is that WE (the US) have set ourselves up for intervention.  The precedents are our participations in interventions throughout the 20th century.  The most recent ones in the 1990s in the Balkans are perfect, even from a legal standpoint.  If there were ever some serious trouble here, look for the blues.  That's probably part of the hidden agenda of the anti-gun crowd's leaders:  pave the way for an easy one-world takeover.  Those blue helmets DO make nice targets.  

BTW, the root of it all is our intervention by joining WWI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top