Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2012 3:50:24 AM EDT
Nice to see a reasonable take on it from the police and actually have it printed.

One of two men shot in Hermon home invasion dies
HERMON, Maine — Maine State Police have identified the two men who were shot — one of them fatally — during a home invasion Thursday morning in Hermon.

“We can’t think within the mind of a person who is concerned about defending themselves,” he said. “Law enforcement uses that every day in our jobs.

“It could be as simple as the size of a person, [as in] they’re a much larger person than I,” he said. “They may have a club. They may have a bat they may be acting psychotic. Those are things that a person could use to make the decision about what type of force they think is necessary.”

Morton also was asked whether it matters if the intruder or attacker is armed.

“Not necessarily,” he said. “We can’t think with the mind of a person who is concerned about defending themselves. There are a lot of things that play into those factors. Law enforcement does that every day. That’s what’s in our use of force continuum.

“But those are the same parameters that a citizen can used to decide what necessary force is needed to protect themselves and their family,” he said.

Link to story and video
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Who the fuck wrote this abortion of an article?

Proof read motherfuckers, spell check will not save you from everything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Break into my home, make no threatening movements; just stand there in the hallway and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#3]
That article was a brutal assault on coherent thought.  Under most state laws, that article, itself, could have been shot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That article was a brutal assault on coherent thought.  Under most state laws, that article, itself, could have been shot.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Break into my home, make no threatening movements; just stand there in the hallway and see what happens.

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Bad shoot. He left a witness.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good to me. I'm glad the police spokesman mentioned how their use of force continuum could be applied to any self defense situation, not just one involving the police.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Good shoot?  Article...twist reality?  I... :: shits pants, rolls over ::
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
This +1

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
That article is the most fucked up piece of reporting I've ever read!  Either those Yankees speak a different tongue that we do, or they're some real dumbasses up there.

Can somebody translate the facts for me?

Was the BG shot in two different venues?

Did the BG and his pals hit more than one place?

Was the BG just shot in the legs...and bled out?

Did the shooter shoot through the car?

Why was the BG on the street in the first place, plying his given trade again?  Can't those Yankees keep those mug in the slammer?

WTF was that cop saying????

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Bless their hearts
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Journalism student wants to be a real reporter, like Clark Kent, so he can "make a difference". So before he gets a job lying at the Washington Post, he has to learn to string words together at the East Podunk Daily.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Attempt to Break into my home, make no threatening movements; just stand there in the hallway and see what happens.

Fixed to comply with Ohio's Castle Doctrine
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Adios mutha f*ckas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#16]
The only thing I got from that article was to aim high when SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1279243_HYPOTHETICAL_SITUATION____what_would_you_do_.html

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Step on my lawn after dark  Attempt to Break into my home, make no threatening movements; just stand there in the hallway and see what happens.

Fixed to comply with Ohio's Castle Doctrine

Fixed to comply with Texas' Castle Doctrine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top