Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 12:23:32 PM EDT
I didn't know what this meant when I read a thread involving maxine the cunt waters

So l looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_Waters

On July 29, 1994 Waters was challenged for making inappropriate remarks
during a one-minute speech. She then ignored the Chair's request to
suspend speaking until the point of order was settled. Rep. Robert
Walker (R-PA) rose and called out "get the Mace," to restore order. The
Chair kept pounding the gavel and finally stated, "the Chair is about to
direct the Sgt-at-Arms to present the Mace!" Waters then suspended, and
the Chair was able to rule on the point of order without having to
resort to the Mace.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_Waters#cite_note-11][12][/url][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_Waters#cite_note-12][13][/url] She was chair of the Congressional Black Caucus from 1997-98.

So here is what the mace is and is used for

I was hoping the'd mace that bitch with real mace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
As the guy I work with says, I have learned something for the day and may now go home!!

Interesting bit of history and trivia.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping that this would be about Maxine getting knocked in the head by the Congressional Mace.

I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  I think after presenting the ceremonial one, if the situation continues they should have another one of a more utilitarian design.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The Alabama State Senate could use one on occasion.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Since it is based on the Roman fasces, does that make the Sergeant at Arms a fascist?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs moar short leash and chokechain.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Alabama State Senate could use one on occasion.

Those dirty Amish!

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, I was thinking Fox Labs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread is disappoint.

Wrong kind of mace.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Maxine Waters = Hip Hop Community = Street gangs = Black Panthers = Cop Killers = Black Muslim Terrorists = Communists = Fidel Castro = Congressional Black Caucus:
On May 2, 1973, Joanne Chesimard, a member of the Black Liberation Army, a militant branch of the Black Panthers, and two of her fellow Black Militants were stopped in their vehicle on the New Jersey Turnpike by state troopers James Harper and Werner Foerster. While being questioned, Chesimard and the driver, her "companion" Zayd Malik Shakur , opened fire with automatic pistols, striking Trooper Foerster twice in the chest and Trooper Harper in the shoulder. Then, grabbing Trooper Foerster's own service weapon, she fired an additional two bullets into Foerster's head execution style, killing him. Trooper Harper survived the attack. The driver, Zayd Shakur, was killed at the scene by Trooper Foerster before Chesimard murdered him.

Joanne Chesimard was caught, tried, found guilty, sentenced to life in prison, and lost again on appeal. In the mean time she changed her name to Assata Shakur.

In 1979 she made an armed escape from prison and fled to Cuba. Ever since, Fidel Castro has refused extradition requests from the US for her return.

In 1998, Representative Maxine Waters, Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, wrote a letter to Fidel Castro ("Dear President Castro...") urging him to REFUSE extradition of this convicted-cop-killer-fugitive saying she is a victim of "political persecution" and compared the convicted cop-killer to Martin Luther King Jr. - even though Amnesty International refuses to recognize her as a political prisoner.

Assata Shakur is the "aunt" of Tupac Shakur, rap "star" murdered in a gang-related hit in Las Vegas in 1996. Tupac has a very long history of violent crime including numerous assault arrests, a rape conviction and a 1993 incident when he was accused of shooting two white Atlanta police officers. Those charges were later dropped.

In 1988, Tupac Shakur’s stepfather/uncle, Mutulu Shakur was sentenced to 60 years in prison for his involvement in a 1981 armored-car robbery in which two  policemen and a Brinks guard were killed. He is a long-time radical Black Militant who still works on behalf of radical many Black Militant groups who advocate violence to achieve their goals.

Mutulu Shakur is the brother of Zayd Malik Shakur and Assata Shakur, the two who murdered Trooper Foester in New Jersey and was instrumental in Assata Shakur's prison break and escape to Cuba.  Their father, Aba Saladin Shakur, was a close associate of Malcom Shabazz (Malcom X).

Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, is also a militant Black Panther who actually gave birth to Tupac in prison while serving time for plotting to bomb several buildings in New York.

They are all radical violent Black Muslims.

To this day Tupac Shakur's aunt, a convicted cop-killer and Muslim Black radical, Assata Shakur lives safely in Cuba and is a hero to the Black Liberation Army, the New Black Panthers, Fidel Castro, the Hollywood hip-hop community - and is apparently a hero to Maxine Waters and the Congressional Black Caucus as well.
...and now you know the rest of the story.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]

"This Liberal will be all about Socializing... uh... will be about... basically taking over... and the government running all of your companies..."

~ Maxine Waters
, Democrat Representative grilling Shell CEO in a House of Reps hearing on oil prices, May 22, 2008. (Video here)

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Hmmm

What I'd like to say is not CoC compliant.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a headache from reading all those fucked up Arabic names.

Tupak Bakalaka Mohammed Jihad and his baby mama Chaka Khan Jihad Durka-Durka got in some trouble, but it was all whitey's fault, so dey done had to tho' down. Lil' Chaka Durka-Durka had to split for Cuba and hang wit her boy Fidel, and Miss Maxine done wroted him a letter saying "don't trust whitey".

Got it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Disciplinary usage
In accordance with the House Rules, on the rare occasion that a member becomes unruly, the Sergeant at Arms, upon order of the Speaker, lifts the mace from its pedestal and presents it before the offenders, thereby restoring order.

When a confrontation on the House floor becomes unruly, the tradition is that, upon direction of the Speaker, the Sergeant at Arms will step between the combatants with the mace. Usually, because the members are able to edit the Congressional Record before it goes to print, there is no mention of the actual use of the mace in this capacity. The most recent recorded use of the mace was on July 29, 1994, when Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters failed to stop speaking after she was accused of insulting Rep. Peter T. King.

Oh.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"This Liberal will be all about Socializing... uh... will be about... basically taking over... and the government running all of your companies..."
~ Maxine Waters
, Democrat Representative grilling Shell CEO in a House of Reps hearing on oil prices, May 22, 2008. (Video here)

The only thing Maxine Waters could run is her mouth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]
She is literally mentally ill. It is absolutely unfathomable how she holds office. Actually I do know how she manages to get reelected year after year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Disciplinary usage
In accordance with the House Rules, on the rare occasion that a member becomes unruly, the Sergeant at Arms, upon order of the Speaker, lifts the mace from its pedestal and presents it before the offenders, thereby restoring order.

When a confrontation on the House floor becomes unruly, the tradition is that, upon direction of the Speaker, the Sergeant at Arms will step between the combatants with the mace. Usually, because the members are able to edit the Congressional Record before it goes to print, there is no mention of the actual use of the mace in this capacity. The most recent recorded use of the mace was on July 29, 1994, when Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters failed to stop speaking after she was accused of insulting Rep. Peter T. King.

Oh.

I read that too...and was dissapoint.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#18]
anyone ever wondered why there are two fasci on the walls in congress?

fasci is the symbol for fascism

i wonder about this
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She is literally mentally ill. It is absolutely unfathomable how she holds office. Actually I do know how she manages to get reelected year after year.

Because she's smarter than her urban, ghetto, inner-city, thug/hoodlum constituents.

Did I get them all?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because she's smarter than her urban, ghetto, inner-city, thug/hoodlum constituents.

Did I get them all?

you forgot the drugs
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I get them all?

you forgot the drugs

Oh yeah, that's right.

But I guess that's implicit with ghetto.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/congress2fasci.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9690/congress2fasci.jpg</a>

i wonder about this

Symbol of strength through unity?

Just a guess...internets show no reason in my cursory search.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#23]
To be fair,the asshole she was insulting is a direct supporter of terrorism.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/congress2fasci.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9690/congress2fasci.jpg</a>

i wonder about this

Yay for ignorance!

Questions, which should help you find the answer:

What is the origin of that symbol?

When was that symbol incorporated into the symbols of Congress?

When did fascists start using said symbol?

Should you think before posting something stupid?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Screw that mace, get this one:

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Screw that mace, get this one:

http://fisk-knives.com/Mace.jpg

A four foot band of ebony wood shafts topped with a heavy metal eagle could probably bash in quite a few skulls.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

~ Maxine Waters

I personally know the oil exec that she was speaking to when she said that. He was the only one that had the balls that day to call her out on her shit.

The lady is a gigantic twat.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To be fair,the asshole she was insulting is a direct supporter of terrorism.

Explain.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9690/congress2fasci.jpg

i wonder about this

fascism is a product of the 20th century, not 18th

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#30]
They put it in front of someone?

Oh noes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top