Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:53:57 AM EDT

as i took a picture, this lady came by and said "are those real? i can't believe they sell fully automatic assault rifles at walmart now!"

those type of people annoy me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They have a few Bushys here...but way over priced. Seems they have more ammo then usual there also...
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they all Bushys and DPMS?  Anything decent for sale?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully you educated the lady on her incorrect knowledge?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
there was a sig m400, sig 522, a brand i never heard of, and a bushmaster i think. all 223 (with the exception of the sig 522 22lr)

for the price, not too great of a deal.

there was a mp-15-22 for a little less than the local gun shops though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i said, "they look scary, but they're not FA and it helps to understand how they work".

then she left as if i was crazy
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
there was a sig m400, sig 522, a brand i never heard of, and a bushmaster i think. all 223 (with the exception of the sig 522 22lr)

Yeah $900 for a Bushmaster when you can get a Colt for $50 more....

People will still buy them though
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I see a S&W M&P15-22 on other side of case.

I've heard of these at Walmart, just not at mine.... yet
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah. the mp-15-22 was going for less than 500
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
as i took a picture, this lady came by and said "are those real? i can't believe they sell fully automatic assault rifles at walmart now!"

Another media-brainwashed zombie with a head full of NPR.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i said, "they look scary, but they're not FA and it helps to understand how they work".

then she left as if i was crazy

Thanks for trying.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I like to go with:  "You know what I can't believe?  They let people like you vote, and drive cars."

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#12]
They also have Windham Weaponry, the original Bushy Co. The five year non-compete agreement Richard Dyke signed with Remington when he sold

Bushmaster to them expired. He still owned the building and had rented it to Remington. When they moved out and the agreement expired, he put

most if not all of the old employees back to work. They had been laid off when Remington moved the operation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only one that has never been to a Walmart? Just the stories and pictures of the people that shop there are horrible. I would be worried about getting a Staph infection and lice just walking into one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LOL that would make a goog sig line!

No sign of any AR's at the 3 closest Wal-Mart supercenters down here in my part of FL.  Only one I might be interested in is the M&P15-22 which I could still find cheaper online I suppose.

Part of me wonders if it is a good thing that Wal-Mart is selling AR's now.  My thinking is this; that ignorant lady wouldn't normally have "assault rifles" on her mind, and out of sight out of mind is probably a good thing when it comes to this sort of thing as the average person at Wal-Mart will probably have varying yet similar reactions to seeing them as she did.  I'd rather the brainwashed anti's keep their minds focused on Desperate Housewives, American Idol, sports, alcohol,  and the evening "news" and remain pacified then have their minds short circuited by seeing AR's at Wal-Mart and in turn when the latest "assault weapons ban" legislation makes it into the news, these brainless automatons recall their Wal-Mart trip and think  "it is way too easy to get assault weapons these days, they even have them at Wal-Mart!!"  and now they feel like the ban is even more of a good idea or more necessary than they previously would have.  Again, out of sight, out of mind.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The local wal mart has sold all of the ones they had!!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#16]
fully automatic assault rifle is a lot of baggage to carry around in your speech buffer

She  prolly would have imploded if you said

"wait, these have the happy switch?"
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They also have Windham Weaponry, the original Bushy Co. The five year non-compete agreement Richard Dyke signed with Remington when he sold

Bushmaster to them expired. He still owned the building and had rented it to Remington. When they moved out and the agreement expired, he put

most if not all of the old employees back to work. They had been laid off when Remington moved the operation.

YES thats the one. Windham.
how are those in terms of quality?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
fully automatic assault rifle is a lot of baggage to carry around in your speech buffer

"at 900 bucks? ill take 3!" then ill give her a psycho look
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That would've been funny!

When people ask me about whether my ARs are FA I just reply, "No way, I don't have $10k for a rifle" which usually gets a puzzled look from them and starts a small discussion on FA vs semi and NFA regulation.

I always take time to correct those who think every AR is an assault rifle. I had a 2A-neutral co-worker who thought that's what AR stood for so of course I explained that AR was derived by Armalite and by definition refers only to semi's. "Modern sporting rifle."
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.  In a way you can't really blame the sheeple - the MM conveniently and purposefully (IMO) obscures the difference between fully and semiautomatic rifles, which makes it MUCH easier to enact gun control legislation that is more expansive than the general public realizes.  semiautomatic = automatic = Pretty Boy Floyd = murder and mayhem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I see a S&W M&P15-22 on other side of case.

I've heard of these at Walmart, just not at mine.... yet

Don't feel bad. i haven't heard of them in VA yet either, and certainly not the 4 stores I've checked. No ammo cans of M855 either.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would've been funny!

When people ask me about whether my ARs are FA I just reply, "No way, I don't have $10k for a rifle" which usually gets a puzzled look from them and starts a small discussion on FA vs semi and NFA regulation.

I always take time to correct those who think every AR is an assault rifle. I had a 2A-neutral co-worker who thought that's what AR stood for so of course I explained that AR was derived by Armalite and by definition refers only to semi's. "Modern sporting rifle."

"Modern sporting rifle." is a good one, NRA should bombard the media with the new concept
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/hateshino/IMG_20120214_161835.jpg

WTF?! our damn Com-block local walmart almost completely stopped selling ammo let alone guns! They don't even sell muzzle loaders in the fall anymore....god I hate Indiana some times.

And you think $900 sounds high for a no frills Bushy? Our loacal gun shop sells the plain 16" A3 carbines with an A2 or M4 stock and plastic handguard for $1099....and the un-educated little lemmings line up for miles to buy them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would have said, "No ma'am, those are lasers."
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are they all Bushys and DPMS?  Anything decent for sale?

There's a sig in the picture.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?! our damn Com-block local walmart almost completely stopped selling ammo let alone guns! They don't even sell muzzle loaders in the fall anymore....god I hate Indiana some times.

And you think $900 sounds high for a no frills Bushy? Our loacal gun shop sells the plain 16" A3 carbines with an A2 or M4 stock and plastic handguard for $1099....and the un-educated little lemmings line up for miles to buy them.

Must be up near Chicago or Indy.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I haven't seen any in my part of Central IL either.  This part of the state seems to be a bit on the liberal side for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#28]
the more people in our camp the better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#29]
My Walmart doesn't even sell slingshots.....
They stock very little ammo as well.  I pick up what I can, when I can.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading, writing and Road 31 North.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I was hoping to see Lawn Darts
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES thats the one. Windham.
how are those in terms of quality?

My son has one - very nice quality.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#33]
When we can purchase 'full-auto' rifles at Walmart or under $1K the world will be golden.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#34]
She said that because the gun grabbers and antis have spent years pounding that line into the heads of the general public. They don't know any better. Fraud and mis information is par for the course with the antis.

As for walmart having ARs there has been atleast a hundred posts on it in the last six months lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Where's the Marlins?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Am I the only one that has never been to a Walmart? Just the stories and pictures of the people that shop there are horrible. I would be worried about getting a Staph infection and lice just walking into one.

What's one to do? Saks isn't open 24/7...

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Why is it that the Bushmaster rifles have flash hiders and the SIG rifles dont?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#39]
The WalMart in Winchester, KY has a couple ARs and I got a can of 855 there.  It wasn't labeled "Not For Duty Use" either.  420 rds for $149.95.  Pretty hard to beat, couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I would have replied with "Holy dog shit....Walmart really does carry everything!"
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The local wal mart has sold all of the ones they had!!!

What's funny....the last gun show I was at, a dealer was trying to sell a guy a Daniel Defense AR.  The Joe-Blow idiot had 'never heard of DD' and bought a DPMS because 'he's seen those at Walmart and was more familiar with them'.  He thought the DD was a knockoff brand.....

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You should have told her about the hand grenades over in the fishing section. She would have forgot all about teh "assault rifles".
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Normalization of FA is what we want!

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
yeah. the mp-15-22 was going for less than 500

holy batman. I paid just over 400 for my first 15-22, threaded barrel, and just over 500 for my newest MOE.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Walked into my local Walmart sporting goods section today looking for cans of 5.56. Lo and behold they had a Colt M4 on the shelf along with 5 other brands of ARs. $1097 for the Colt. Not bad. Not bad at all. The only one for sale in our town that I know of. Guy behind the counter was a bit of a dumbass but helpful enough. Said it had been in back for 7 or 8 months. "We got a bunch of those things back there."
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Did they have any Plano Gun Cases, Ammo Cans of XM855, or SOG Tomahawks?
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought the last Plano case months ago. Should have bought all of those stupid tomahawks at the same time and sold for a profit. They have never had the cans though. I keep checking. Thought it was cool you could buy a Colt at Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#48]
There was a guy buying a Bushy at the local wal mart for $969.  He asked the clerk, AS HE WAS PAYING, if the rifle was any good...I shook my head and walked away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top