Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 5:18:14 AM EDT
i would like to thank ALL the folks that made bulletfest III a success!

our setup crew: waldo, engineer, plateshooter and jaffo, et al.

the r.o.'s, ed avila, miss magnums, madman kirk, antiussa, jaffo, et. al.

the canton, ohio p.d., for the automobile, bowling pins and assorted targets...plus they are a great bunch of guys!

the mapleton gun club staff and board...without their hard work and dedication to shooting sports, there would not be a bulletfest!

all the folks that volunteered, without being asked!, to assist me with the gazillion details that cropped up during the day.

the german re-enacting unit (includes board member "oberschutze") that put on a fantastic lunchtime show for us. wearing a wool uniform on an 85° sunny day deserves a medal!

there are so many more i'ld like to mention...for good deeds done and work performed before, during and after bulletfest...but i am to damn tired to make my brain work do the typing!

lastly, thanks to all the shooters that showed up to party with us!

final figures have not been tabulated, but as rough guess estimates...i did a few quick headcounts and:

the line went hot with 250+ and that rapidly increased to over 500 by 10:30am. at 11am, there was no room to be had on a firingline that stretched for 200 yards!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No, Thank You Campy for once again hosting a fun shoot. here's two links to some pic i took. mmk [url]http://community.webshots.com/album/42141342RSQREV[/url]  
[url]http://community.webshots.com/album/42143116PxjpBl[/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for puttin it on Campy.  Sure was great meeting so many people from the AR15 chat, and the board.  Had a fantastic time as always, and thanks to Brian (dont know your last name) for the airconditioning.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
So sorry I missed it, I was all packed to leave and my sister calls and tells me she's on the way to the hospital with my brother-in-law, who passed away from a heart attack.  59 years old, way to young.  Jeff
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Bob, it was good fun!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
thank you bob,
thank you who brought the .50's
thank you grin and barret
thank you who brought the m60's
the 20mm
the bump guns
the free food
and thank god for the guy with the minigun!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank [b]YOU[/b], Bob.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a rocking good time Bob!!! Thanks for the effort. You are a champ. There were a couple of stupid things that went on that I hope doesn't hurt future efforts. But that is the fault of the perpetrators, not the event.

We'll be back next year!! Peace!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
jeff, my prayers will be for your family. next year, i hope it a better time for you. god bless.

thanks to chef plateshooter and chef ed advila, the starving masses were fed...brats!

the clubhouse restaurant reported their best sales ever!

while out at the range (sadly, you messy slobs leave me a week+ of work detail! heheheh!) the two officers present (don and dale) wanted to know WHEN THE NEXT BULLETFEST WAS SCHEULED!!!!!!

i about had a heart attack!

about half the berm is cleaned up, and despite the best brass policing , yet, (by the shooters) we picked up more than 20,000 rds!!!

plateshooter...i may need your magnet for all that wolf!

you can't believe HOW MUCH .308 and .50 bmg rounds are laying on the berm! i think that minigun paved a lead road across the bottom of the bank!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Bob,

Thank [i]you[/i]!!!!  Everyone, I believe, knows how much time and energy you put into this event.. this is your baby... and it showed.  Fantastic shoot!!  [:D]

I just got home about an hour ago... fed the critters and now I'm going to go curl up in the fetal position and try to recover... [:D]

Thank you, again, Bob...
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks bob.  i had a great time.  it was cool meeting people.  everybody was nice as hell.  thanks to everyone that let me shoot their weapons.  cant wait for the next event.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
All hail Mr. Bulletfest.

[img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/campy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
"LIGHT IT UP!!!!!!!!"

THAT'S THE SOUND OF FREEDOM, BABY!

glad you made it home safely, miss m! you are probably ready for a foot massage, after patrolling that line!

my dogs are still barking! i spent hour after hour in the hot sun today...with ol' dale and don from the club. ALL the members were speechless at the display of power YOU folks put on!

my hat is off to 99.9% of the attendees for great behavior...classy sportsmanship on a overcrowded firingline and for having patience with the few snafu's that are to be expected at any event on this scale!

god bless america, american shooters and the mapleton gun club!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#16]
It was good to see how many turned out to make this the success that it was. I will save some vacation time for Bulletfest '03 to help the setup crew. Thanks Campy and everyone else who donated time, money and toys. A big thanks to Waldo, Plateshooter and Engineer for the shady spot with all of the full-auto toys.

Thanks,
Brian
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You always hear the term "Southern Hospitality", but this weekend in Northern Ohio of all places, strangers came from all over America to share their passion for firearms. Of all the people there I never once met a stranger, everybody always stuck out a hand for a new friend, and all were made to feel at home. People shared their guns, ammo, and time to help a new friend. I only wish that the liberals who demonize gun owners could have been there to experience the brotherhood.

Thank You CampyBob, for all your hard work, time and financial resources for making this one hell of an event!

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got in from the drive home.  Made it back in one piece.  

Had a great time.  Thanks Bob

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Bob. Can't wait til next year.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Rot Dorn said it better than me.  

Thanks to Campybob and all the others who made this happen!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Campy, I'm sure others have said it before, but thanks again for putting on such a great shoot - it just gets better year after year!

Next year we're gonna have to rent something bigger to get the targets onto the range - your pickup just isn't cutting it anymore! [:D]

Also gotta thank the guys for putting up the flag pole - that was a nice patriotic display.

BTW - Campy - do you have a figure on the total amount that was donated to the club?

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#23]
the  club did ok, finacially...i've heard several preliminary figures...the kitchen was a big moneymaker, in addition to the generous donations!

the club appreciates your support!

several emails have indicated ar15 members will be sending in additional donations to the mapleton gun club (address on the bulletfest website).

remember...there aren't many places left where you can have this kind of intense fun!

as i have stated...this is NOT a one-man show! many folks dedicate their day(s) to enable us to enjoy bulletfest.

my hat is off to them ALL!

and again. i want to make sure the cyber-shooters that made the show know that THEY are the ones that make bulletfest GREAT!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#24]
thanks campybob for putting on a great shoot. and i would like to thank the guy ,shooting a muzzle loader, who gave me his
spot on the line, and rick carol (hope i got the name right)for letting me shoot his guns and alot of his ammo up. i took 600rds
and came home with less than 40rds. It was a good day!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
jeff, my prayers will be for your family. next year, i hope it a better time for you. god bless.

thanks to chef plateshooter and chef ed advila, the starving masses were fed...brats!

the clubhouse restaurant reported their best sales ever!

while out at the range (sadly, you messy slobs leave me a week+ of work detail! heheheh!) the two officers present (don and dale) wanted to know WHEN THE NEXT BULLETFEST WAS SCHEULED!!!!!!

i about had a heart attack!

about half the berm is cleaned up, and despite the best brass policing , yet, (by the shooters) we picked up more than 20,000 rds!!!

plateshooter...i may need your magnet for all that wolf!

you can't believe HOW MUCH .308 and .50 bmg rounds are laying on the berm! i think that minigun paved a lead road across the bottom of the bank!
View Quote

Thanx for the kind words.  I'll make it for sure next year.  Jeff
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you Bob. Helping out was an honor and next year I'm going to try to be in better shape to try and keep up with you old guys ;)
You and Ed Avila Sr. are hard to keep up with.

Sorry I didn't make it out Sunday morning to help clean up some brass, but I was beat. The sun sure is draining.

I had a great time. It was awesome. I also want to thank everyone that was there for being nice, friendly people. I don't think I've met a more friendly crowd.

A special thanks to Waldo also for making me shoot up some of his ammo :)

Bulletfest f#$%ing rocks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Bob, for a fantastic event!  It is amazing how the event has expanded from Bulletfest I to the truly massive Bulletfest III.  

I can't wait for next year.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
"Thank you Bob. Helping out was an honor and next year I'm going to try to be in better shape to try and keep up with you old guys ;)"

heheheh! i think you could pick me up with one hand!

you should have seen jafo (one "f"...doh!) bust his butt loading washers and dryers! we ran two trucks from my house out to the range for hours...hauling crap out to the berm.

slefelar, sorry i didn't get to talk to you more! bulletfest is, in some ways, dumb. i need to create a period for more "face time"...just shoot the shit unstead of guns!

yes...bulletfest I was so much simoler, heheh! 44 guys out having a little fun. now it rivals anything in america for pure shoot 'em up fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top