Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/28/2002 12:32:15 PM EDT
Follow the link and see if this concept drawing makes you drool too,

It has hints of styling from all eras of mustang body styles and I REALLY LIKE IT.

[url]http://www.ponysite.de/2004Mustangb.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like a Shelby GT. Remember the ones that Hertz rented with the 428? 429?CJ. Sexy looking beast though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty retarded to me.  It should do as well as Fords new-style Thunderbird, lol!

BIll3508
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
i say it looks good. now i gotta rent the movie.
ill take one in black please.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
!!GAY!!

What all are you going to have to do to it so it will hang with a stock Camero of that current year?

Diesel
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey that isn't too bad.. The only problem with Ford Mustangs is they still havn't gotten the front end right yet... I liked the First ones, but they havn't had a good Front to them in 30 years...  I don't know why that is???
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It looks like a Shelby GT. Remember the ones that Hertz rented with the 428? 429?CJ. Sexy looking beast though.
View Quote

I believe the Hertz shelbys were 66's with 289s and automatics.  Big block Shelbys came out in 67 with 7 liter 428s and supposebly 427 medium risers though I think all those were dealer installed. The 428 CJ came out in 68 1/2.  The hood of the 2004 mustang does remind me of a 68 shelby hood while the nose does look kind of like a 65-66.  Notice how the old five spoke american racing wheels have made a comeback.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The camaro and firebird are DEAD,they can't sell enough of em.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
!!GAY!!

What all are you going to have to do to it so it will hang with a stock Camero of that current year?

Diesel
View Quote

Turn the key since THERE IS NO MORE SLOMARO AND SPARKCHICKEN!!![;D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
They still have to get rid of that retarded C Pillar in favor of a sleeker audi style/ferrari style pillar.  There's just too much of an angle going on there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
That drawing is now my wallpaper.  Thanks uglygun!

-----------

I'm even more excited about the re-release of the Ford GT-40.  Now THAT'S a car.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I like it, unlikely they'll produce it, but look at the new t-bird. I think it looks ALOT better than the new mustangs, talk about gay.

Dodge came out with a concept Charger, cool car, I also seen a concept photos of a Cuda, man that was sweet.

Its seem to be a growing trend, the people buying concept type cars are the same people that had this style when they were younger..

Oh to be young again,  

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
ummm, so, its still a ford.[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2FBS1%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.ponysite.de/2004Mustangb.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, Its about time they came out with something that kinda looks like a REAL Mach 1 again.

I like it, but I think I will keep the Corvette.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
This pretty much sums it up....

[puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Being an avid Mustang lover since junior high I can honestly say that is by far the best looking Mustang since the 65-70's styles.

It has the grille and headlights from the 65-66.  The scoops on the hood are similar to the 1968 Shelby GT 500-KR.  The rear of the car has similiar lines to the 69-70 'stangs.

I am curious to how they did the tail lights...

Definately a good looking Mustang.

I purhased a 1967 Mustang GT coupe when I was 16 yrs. old.  It had a 4-speed tranny and a 390-4V.

While I was gone to Desert Storm my friends and family restored alot of the car and was my surprise present for returning home.  The local news was there and everything.

Needless to say I was glad to be back to the U S of A.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Follow the link and see if this concept drawing makes you drool too,
View Quote

mmmmmmmm
makes me drool alright....LUNCH!!! I can't wait to eat this car up with my Trans Am!  Got any rice to go with it on the side????

-SuperAlpha
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, the nice thing is SVT is getting kinda serious now with putting some performance into their cars.

If this thing comes to life it is entirely possible that it's gonna be running something akin to a supercharged 5.4l mod motor similar to what the Lightning is running.

I don't much like the 4.6l engines right now but I do like the 5.4l.

In a run between a factory Z28 and a factory Ford Lightning, the Z28 is gonna have it's damned hands full.    Imagine that Lightning engine being put to use in a 2004 Bullet.

The only thing I personally want ford to address with their damned cars, mustangs included, is the handling.   This thing better get a much improved suspension and chassis on it, that's the one tradition that has been a thorn in the side of the mustangs is a nice warm gooey pretzel chassis or atleast that's what you get if you put power into the things without beefing up the suspension and chassis.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I like it!!   The first ones looked good but were only Falcons with a new body style...  I had a cherry 66 recently and made a bundle off that piece of $hit...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool, a car made for people under 5'8" tall.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
!!GAY!!

Diesel
View Quote
Well, they won't have to do anything, as the CAMARO, not Camero, will not be around any more.  How's that for !!GAY!!??  DUH!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Sadly, there hasn't been any eye catching American cars other than the Dodge Viper.(IMHO)

[img]http://www.indypacecars.com/photos/1996/96-viper.jpg[/img]

now, the car that catches my eye and is on my "to do" list when I have more money than sense..BMW 330i-

[img]http://www.go-eurocars.com/bmw/stock/Picture%20006.JPG[/img]

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#24]
If Ford doesn't fix their quality control and vastly improve their basic engineering-especally in electronics- there wont be a Ford in 2004...

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow! it don't suck......really,and I bet they will really make that thing to.
It may even be fast.........hahahahahahahahahahahahhah![:O)]

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right,way would a dumb ass 19 year old kid put down 25,000 30,000 on a F car when he could buy a 4 banger for 10,000.
If you don't know any better you can't do any better.
Stangs are still here due to the fact that they are CHEAP!

BTW:This is bull sh!t: "In a run between a factory Z28 and a factory Ford Lightning, the Z28 is gonna have it's damned hands full.
Imagine that Lightning engine being put to use in a 2004 Bullet."

I waxed a guy's but today in my s-10 blazer with only $500.00 mods
The guy in the Lightning rolls down his window and tells me he was not ready and he wants to go again,I doged his ass!
There is no way in hell I can take a Z but I can damn well take the Ford POS.

And yes I did say S-10 BLAZER.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Imagine that Lightning engine being put to use in a 2004 Bullet.

View Quote

Uhhh - as redray and no doubt others have realized, the marking on the car says "Bullitt," not Bullet.

Edited because I realized you started this thread - so obviously you know how to spell it. For a second there I was worried.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!
AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!

"WARNING!  WARNING!  A YUPPIE HAS ENTERED OUR MIDST!"

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!
AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!

"WARNING!  WARNING!  A YUPPIE HAS ENTERED OUR MIDST!"

View Quote

Next month I'm going to be looking into getting one. Wont be new, more like a 95 or 96...

Edit: and yeah, I'm a yuppie! (and proud)
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right,way would a dumb ass 19 year old kid put down 25,000 30,000 on a F car when he could buy a 4 banger for 10,000.
If you don't know any better you can't do any better.
Stangs are still here due to the fact that they are CHEAP!

BTW:This is bull sh!t: "In a run between a factory Z28 and a factory Ford Lightning, the Z28 is gonna have it's damned hands full.
Imagine that Lightning engine being put to use in a 2004 Bullet."

I waxed a guy's but today in my s-10 blazer with only $500.00 mods
The guy in the Lightning rolls down his window and tells me he was not ready and he wants to go again,I doged his ass!
There is no way in hell I can take a Z but I can damn well take the Ford POS.

And yes I did say S-10 BLAZER.
View Quote

All I can say is that guy must have not known how to drive. That engine in any Fox bodied mustang would tear up a camaro with ease
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#31]
[img]www.terravista.pt/guincho/2715/porsche_gt2-2.jpg[/img]
I'll pass on the new Ford.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#32]
smarty_pants, I don't doubt what you are saying but that Lighting owner must be a complete freaking moron of a driver.

People I know who do drive LS1 and LT1 powered Camaro Z28s and do a fair share of racing both at the track and between stop lights, have quite a bit of respect for the Ford Lightnings.

Properly driven the Lightnings are low 14 second E/T capable under good conditions.    That's in factory Camaro Z28 territory for sure.

I gotta say, in your instance it had to be 100% driver that made the difference.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#33]
[size=4] to hell with all these cars! wanna see a classic? sleek lines, two-tone color motif, Europe's answer to all these American muscle cars!! [/size=4]

click here:

[url]http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/Trabant_75__600.jpg[/url]

dammit i wish i knew how to post pictures.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#34]
So the camaro is dead? when did/will they stop making them? call me uninformed. I guy I work with has one and always talks about how its the shit. I always tell him how much better imports are for half the money and so on. I did own a 81 mustang with the kickin' 4 cyl and an auto tranny. Oh yeah it was a dog but the price was right it ran ok. But I never could figure out why I kept having an empty radiator with no water ever found under the car drove it for a couplew weeks filling the radiator up every few days. It got 20mpg I thought maby a head gasket but i dunno I got worryed sld it and bought a nissan p/u. the new mustang looks better than the others but its still ford so it sucks and IMO most american cars suck period

I like the new hyundi Tiberon (sp?) anyone else?
V6 power under 20k
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.go-eurocars.com/bmw/stock/Picture%20006.JPG

View Quote

AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!
AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!

"WARNING!  WARNING!  A[b] YUPPIE[/b] HAS ENTERED OUR MIDST!"

View Quote

HEY!  who you callin' a yuppie????

I thought name callin' was forbiddin! (?) [;)]

I'm middle class, hard working and a Vet. I AIN'T no stinkin' "yuppie"  (no offense ComputerGuy) [:)]

Off the showroom floor that car will kick a lot of @ss.  No need for replacing or adding on to get this [u]work of art[/u] to perform!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

dammit i wish i knew how to post pictures
View Quote

Here ya go redray...
(next time you post, just below the text window, you'll see "[red][u]Board Code[/red]"[/u]  click on it, and it will explain how to do all kinds of neat stuff [:)]

[img]http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/Trabant_75__600.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#37]
[img]http://www.ponysite.de/2004Mustangb.jpg[/img]

It's close, but they ought to dig out the old '69-'71 Mach1 body tooling and fit it on a new chassis...I think it'd be a home run.

I always loved those Mach1's - they just look bad to the bone to me...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Not bad looking but will it keep up with my Trans Am?  [img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dukota&album_id=81351&image_id=1&courtesy=1[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Nice looking stang. Why'd they make it GREEN??? It would look a lot better in red or black, or even dark blue. Well okay, pretty much anything other than green. The attempt at BRG isn't even good enough.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#40]
I find it quite appropriate that someone named [i]ugly[/i]gun posted that picture.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nice looking stang. Why'd they make it GREEN??? It would look a lot better in red or black, or even dark blue. Well okay, pretty much anything other than green. The attempt at BRG isn't even good enough.
View Quote

Rent the movie Bullitt with Steve Mcqueen and you'll see why its green. Great car chase for an older movie...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
smarty_pants, I don't doubt what you are saying but that Lighting owner must be a complete freaking moron of a driver.

People I know who do drive LS1 and LT1 powered Camaro Z28s and do a fair share of racing both at the track and between stop lights, have quite a bit of respect for the Ford Lightnings.

Properly driven the Lightnings are low 14 second E/T capable under good conditions.    That's in factory Camaro Z28 territory for sure.

I gotta say, in your instance it had to be 100% driver that made the difference.
View Quote

Stock F cars will run 12s,and no it's not the  driver it was the truck.

300hp and 370lbs feet in a 2,800lbs truck that runs 10s will f*up any thing Ford has.
I know you don't think so but thats ok cuz guys like you payed for my pool.(race for cast...got,a love it:)

You guys out thee in love with the 5.4L,let me know when you can get it to do what a ZO6 can.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like the newer Mustang body style (2002) because its lines look more like the original. I wouldn't own a Bullit Mustang. It's sacrilege to true Mustang Lovers. The original had a 396 Chevy engine.
View Quote

For the movie they used two 68 GT Mustangs with 4-speeds and 390c.i. Ford motors.  The only work done to the motor was a new distributer, headers, and some reworking to the carb.

Interesting article on subject:
[url]http://www.terraworld.net/smoker/cars/bullitt.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The original Bullitt car was green.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
!!GAY!!

Diesel
View Quote

Pay $5000 more for the car and $500-$1000 more on insurance a year and then you can have a faster, uglier camaro.

Face it, the camaro is DEAD.

I loved 67-73 and didn't mind the IROC years, but ITS DEAD.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#46]
My Anology for the AR is like this....

As far as add-on's, the AR is the Mustang of weapons.

There's almost an endless Add-on market in them both.

While I believe that Chevy made the best muscle cars, Ford has been kickin their ass since.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I always love these Ford v Chevy debates.  They always begin as Mustang v Camaro.  Then, the Vette guys slip in to tip the scales followed by the SVT guys (I'll be playing that part tonight) to put an end to all the shenanigans...[}:D]

Specifically to the comment of 'show me when the 5.4 can do what the Z06 (Vette) can do...'

Let me introduce you to the '03 Cobra, with its 390+ HP 5.4L DOHC V8 coming in at a full $15,000 cheaper than the Vette, this should give you something to be concerned about.

As for the $500 Blazer mod, I'm guessing maybe nitrous & exhaust?  Possibly chip?  Don't compare apples to oranges.  Factory v factory is what this thread seems to be about.  You wanna talk mods and I can work a mustang into a 9 second demon before it costs as much as a Vette or a Viper and beat the pants off both of them.  But, that's not really a fair comparison, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh yeah, for you yuppies out there:  Yes, I am wary of that damned M5!

That car, and the M3 to a lesser extent, is perhaps the most underestimated car by 'car guys' that I've met.  Its kind of like the line from 'The Rock' by Nicholas Cage: 'As soon as you don't respect this, it kills you.' (paraphase)

I've seen many a person who truly did outclass the M get spanked because they didn't think they'd have to try!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I always love these Ford v Chevy debates.  They always begin as Mustang v Camaro.  Then, the Vette guys slip in to tip the scales followed by the SVT guys (I'll be playing that part tonight) to put an end to all the shenanigans...[}:D]

Specifically to the comment of 'show me when the 5.4 can do what the Z06 (Vette) can do...'

Let me introduce you to the '03 Cobra, with its 390+ HP 5.4L DOHC V8 coming in at a full $15,000 cheaper than the Vette, this should give you something to be concerned about.

As for the $500 Blazer mod, I'm guessing maybe nitrous & exhaust?  Possibly chip?  Don't compare apples to oranges.  Factory v factory is what this thread seems to be about.  You wanna talk mods and I can work a mustang into a 9 second demon before it costs as much as a Vette or a Viper and beat the pants off both of them.  But, that's not really a fair comparison, IMHO.
View Quote

I got your fair  comparison,Jet chip,headers(by Edelbrock) intake and trany work still kicks the 150 on speed's ass no matter what fruit you call it.
And I'm not concerned with your 03 stang,I have had my eye on it since last year and It's no better thet the Cobra R.
Before you guys go and put 390+ HP in the new stang try to get the 200 something you have now to the  road.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, for you yuppies out there:  Yes, I am wary of that damned M5!

That car, and the M3 to a lesser extent, is perhaps the most underestimated car by 'car guys' that I've met.  Its kind of like the line from 'The Rock' by Nicholas Cage: 'As soon as you don't respect this, it kills you.' (paraphase)

I've seen many a person who truly did outclass the M get spanked because they didn't think they'd have to try!
View Quote

yeah it looks sweet but it lists for what $69-70,000.  ouch!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top