Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 7:45:37 AM EDT
So the VPC is harking on Texas CHL holders, tryinig to make it look like we're bad or something in their usual half-truth/outright false 'studies'.  I found a good page to shoot that down REAL quick.

[url]http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant2000.htm[/url]

Eat that, VPC
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That's good info, and pretty much what I'd gathered.  Since I have so much time on my hands, I should research the actual prosecution rates of those crimes for CHL holders.  I'm pretty sure in some of those crimes it's going to be less.

On the Honda Insight, I'd rather have a VW Golf with their 1.9L turbo diesel engine.  A torquey little engine that gets 44mpg in city driving on diesel and can be easily upgraded to 150hp.  I know people who lease both as commuter cars to keep the miles off their weekend toys, and I'd take the VW over the Honda any day.  It's got more interior room, more doors, and decent cargo space.  Plust, I can't get my legs into a Honda Insight.  I need to find the clip of them racing each other as a joke at the track.  I believe the Golf won, but it was funny seeing them both pull 16second plus 1/4mile times. [:D]

Then again, my car gets over 30MPG on the highway on premium with over 200HP and 246ft. lbs of torque.  I don't delude myself into thinking it's a real sports car, because it's not, but it sure is fun to drive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top